Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Win10] Application stops responding (keyboard)

Version 9.1.12.3
    Creative Cloud Sync 3.0.3.6
    Windows 10 PRO · Version 1709
    Lenovo X1 Carbon i7-6500 · 8 GB

Xd succesfully launch, but after a while (randomly between 10" ~ 5') the keyboard stops working. Not writing in text fields, not editing any UI field, not shortcuts. I have to close the program and launch it again.

Please, fix this problem because further than annoying, it makes really difficult to continue working with this fantastic app.

Thank you,

Francesc

459 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

314 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Everyone!

I’m pleased to share Microsoft has provided a fix for this issue via optional patch updates. To obtain, check for software updates.

For details on the update see the following links:
    - Win10 RS4 (Build 17134.753), https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4493437/windows-10-update-kb4493437
    - Win10 RS5 (Build 17763.475)  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4495667/windows-10-update-kb4495667

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback and support! Have a wonderful weekend.

Cheers!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

2. 188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear XD Community,

Thanks for your feedback and for sharing with us the areas that we need to invest in and improve on.

We have introduced several enhancements to components in XD August release. Those enhancements address the following:

1) Drop shadows and blurs will be rendered outside the component bounding box while will help with layout and pixel alignment. For existing components with those issues, right-click the master component and select ‘Fit Bounds to Content’ to reset the bounds on the master component and all instances

2) Component bounds will automatically adjust (expand or shrink) to fit the content within the component while keeping all component instances in sync. For existing components with those issues, right-click the master component and select ‘Fit Bounds to Content’ to reset the bounds on the master component and all instances

3) No more Fractional Pixels with responsive resizing components

To learn more about…

3. ANNOYING BUG: Prototype wires not showing when selecting artboards

The wires on objects on artboards do not show when selecting the artboard.

You have to select the object itself.

I prefer if I do not have to deep-select to see all the connections set up on an artboard.

I want it to be like it was initially; selecting and artboard shows all prototype wires.

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    bug-fixed  ·  Muthukumar S responded

This bug has been fixed in XD 21.0 (Live).

Please check prototype wiring of artboard and object levels.

Now you can see an artboard which shows inbound and outgoing connections on selection.

Thanks,
    Muthukumar

4. 124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear XD Community,

Thanks for your feedback and for sharing with us the areas that we need to invest in and improve on.

We have introduced several enhancements to components in XD August release. Those enhancements address the following:

1) Drop shadows and blurs will be rendered outside the component bounding box which will help with layout and pixel alignment. For existing components with those issues, right-click the master component and select ‘Fit Bounds to Content’ to reset the bounds on the master component and all instances

2) Component bounds will automatically adjust (expand or shrink) to fit the content within the component while keeping all component instances in sync. For existing components with those issues, right-click the master component and select ‘Fit Bounds to Content’ to reset the bounds on the master component and all instances

3) No more Fractional Pixels with responsive resizing components

To learn more about…

5. Repeat Grid clips / cuts off lines & path strokes

1. 0.5.0.4 Beta
    2. draw horizontal line, use repeat grid, drag y-handle
    3. first child line stroke should be visible
    4. first child line stroke is clipped from the center

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Windows] Pinch gestures and two-finger pan may not work on trackpads (J35123)

If you’ve worked on the Mac version of the application, you may be using the pinch gestures and two-finger pan on your laptop’s trackpad. We’ve discovered, quite to our dismay, that some Windows machines do not respond to these gestures reliably, as some work only when extended displays are plugged in, and others work only when they’re not. We’re working to resolve the problem, but you may want to consider using the keyboard shortcuts to zoom in and out (Ctrl+-and Ctrl+=) and holding down the space key to convert the pointer to the hand icon.

[Windows] Es kann vorkommen, dass…

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Undo (cmd + z) stops working

I have discovered that the undo function (cmd + z) stops working in XD after I have worked on a document for a while. Things that I typically undo is positioning of elements. Undo starts working again if you quit and reopen XD.

This has happened a few times the last week.

Environment details:
    - macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6
    - Adobe XD version 11.0.22.10

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [Windows] XD does not launch for users with spaces in their home directory (G14490)

Space: the final frontier. Unfortunately, space is one of those things that XD isn’t handling well; if you can’t launch XD on Windows, you should check to see if you have a space or period in your home directory. We're working on a solution to the problem and will update you with the latest information when we have it!

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, everyone-

First of all, on behalf of the Adobe XD team, we apologize for the inconvenience of this bug. While we try our utmost to ensure that we don’t have significant problems with Adobe XD, sometimes things happen.

I’m very happy to say that we just released a fix for this issue. Windows 10 users with spaces and periods in their home directories should now be able to use XD’s January beta. Please go to the Creative Cloud desktop, select the gear, and select “Check for App Updates.” A new version of XD should be available for you to download.

Thanks again for your patience!

Elaine Chao (@elainecchao)
    Product Manager
    Adobe Experience Design CC

10. [Windows] XD reopens unchanged files from the previous session (G18894)

Everyone has things they would rather forget, like those particularly embarrassing experiences from adolescence that pop up into conversation every once in a while. Similarly, XD for Windows 10 occasionally gets into a cycle where it will open every single window you had in your last session, even if you saved and closed the file. If this happens, you should close the application and delete the files in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState.

[Windows] XD öffnet ungeänderte Dateien aus der vorherigen Sitzung
    Für uns alle gibt es Dinge, die wir lieber wieder vergessen, und an so manche peinliche Erfahrungen aus der Jugend möchten wir…

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve addressed this bug in our August release of Adobe XD! If you don’t seen an update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop app, click the gear icon, and select “Check for App Updates.”

11. Can't publish prototypes. (Error 44:63:0)

Can't publish prototypes. (Error 44:63:0)

Publishing gets to 75% and then crashes with the following error message:

There was a problem uploading your design (error 44:63:0).

I have tried uninstalling XD and re-installing it and turning off my computer but am still experiencing the same problem. please fix as soon as possible.

I am using Windows 10.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The bugs are reported in this post have been fixed in XD 11 which is now available. If you’re still seeing the problem as described here (both in behavior and error message) comment further. If you see similar issues but not the same as the one here, best to open new report to accurately track and update investigation.

Thanks!
    Nina

12. [Android] Font not found: Roboto

Using the Android XD app, when I display a prototype that uses Roboto I get a message: Font not Found Roboto Regular/Medium/Bold/etc. and all text uses Roboto Regular.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 0.6.12.17 crashing permanently

I cant reproduce what is happening, because XD now crashed just by bringing it into the foreground of my screen. The other 5 times today I also did nothing special. One time changing the space on my second screen.

And as XD doesnt autosave I lost something between 1 and 2 hours of work today.

Thanks Adobe for such a great product! So as 2 hours of work cover a Sketch licence I might just switch to that.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The issue with crashing on Mac has been fixed in the April release, which is now available through the Creative Cloud. If you don’t see an update, click on the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

Thanks,

-Elaine

14. XD to AE export not working

Windows 10 user, latest builds of Xd (14.0.42.14) and Ae (16.0.1 (build 48)) installed, when attempting to export assets from Xd to Ae, it does not work. Workflow is: 1) select assets from within Xd 2) select Export/After Effect from Xd menu, 3) nothing happens. Interesting, but after one attempt at exporting, any subsequent attempts show the export to AE option grayed out. I have tried with AE open and closed with the same result.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Copy Paste Symbol in Prototype mode does not paste nested wire links - Windows

XD v 8.0.22.11
    Copy and Paste a Symbol with a object inside which has a link to another page - to another page.
    Expected Result: Wire link remains in newly pasted symbol
    Actual Result: Wire link is removed in newly pasted symbol

Worked before new update but not now. Works on my colleagues mac but not my Windows 10.

PLEASE FIX IMMEDIATELY

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Copy Paste / Undo Redo are disabled

Macbook Pro OS 10.13.4

XD Latest Version. I cannot copy / paste anything and undo / redo are completely disabled. I've restarted machine, reinstalled software and signed out of CC / etc. This issue is leaving me dead in the water.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Windows] Cannot save file for users with complex characters in user names (G13648)

When a team releases a product into the wild, it's often after agonizing months or years of designing, developing, and testing. Every once in a while, though, certain things we've tested extensively weren't tested in the right environment. In this case, some users with complex characters in their user names are unable to save files or open UI Kits. We're currently working on a developing a fix for this critical issue, but if you're desperate to try out Adobe XD, you can create a new user on your machine with a name and user account with only letters from a-z…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve fixed this issue in the March release of Adobe XD. You can check for the latest app update by going to the Creative Cloud desktop application, selecting the gear, and selecting “Check for App Updates.”

Contrary to popular opinion, this was not a particularly easy fix for us to make. Thanks for your patience!

-Elaine

18. Font weight names change between Mac & Windows (Bold/Negreta & Italic/Cursiva)

When moving back and forth from XD-Windows to XD-Mac, I have to change the font names of Segoe UI various weights. So "Bold" on XD-Windows = "Negreta" on XD-mac; "Italic" on XD-Windows = "Cursiva" on XD-Mac. Is this a language setting or something that I can change to remedy this?

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. SVG Export compatible with Android Studio

Android support vectors which is very nice as you only have to manage one version of the asset, and some other cool things. I am aware that most people use PNG for now, but this is changing and new projects are leaning toward vectors.

Now the issue is that Android Studio is a bit dumb when reading SVG files, and the only tool that export compatible files is Sketch (and I am trying to switch to Adobe XD completely, especially because there is a Windows version incoming).

So I have done many tests to figure out what's "wrong" with XD:

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25

Feedback and Knowledge Base