Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ctrl functions not working

The Ctrl functions work sometimes right when you open a file but then start doing crazy things. Sometimes when I hit Ctrl it tries to open and file, sometimes it tries to export an artboard, sometimes it repeats a grid. This occurs without even hitting function combinations such as Ctrl +/-. I'm on version 0.6.20.7 beta.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-fixed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Many Exporting Bugs

1. When exporting to PDF, Photos lose alot of quality.

2. When opening the .PDF created in XD.. All vector assets take a long time to load when opening the .PDF for viewing purposes. When you scroll, it has to re-think how to display vector assets in the file.

2. Please make Export to .AI or .EPS feature.

3. Exporting all assets to .PNG @2x, still lower res than expected

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We released a fix for the PDF export issue earlier this year, but are still waiting for more information on the other issues. Since we’re not getting any traction on those questions, I’m closing this bug. Please do feel free to file another one if you have additional information for us!

Thanks,

-Elaine

3. crash while on design mode

This is the 3rd times the XD Desktop Version: 0.5.22.8 crashed while I was still designing. The program closed by itself and when I reopened it, all my unsaved designs were gone :(( (Crying)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve fixed a number of bugs that may have caused this issue, including James’ issue of the sharing pop-up being open at the same time. Please do file additional bugs if you see this again! We’ve been working hard over the past quarter or so to stabilize as much as possible.

Thanks,

-Elaine

4. Sharing Prototype Issue (Processing Prototype)

When I share a certain prototype from Xd and the sharing process completes successfully, the link provided returns a processing prototype message. When I look at the prototype from the creative cloud prototype section (in chrome) I see a new prototype called "true"

I've tried deleting that "true" prototype, then clicking "share again" inside Xd, it creates a new prototype in the web interface that again says "true"

I'm assuming it has to do with content in my Xd, so my next step will be to remove content until it works. I've created 6 similarly complex/large prototypes and have not…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for reaching out to us via UserVoice! Earlier today, we had a brief (and unexpected) systems outage that we resolved quickly. Your shared prototypes should now be available to view.

-Elaine

5. iOS UI Kit is incomplete and slightly inaccurate

I'm really loving Adobe XD, but it would be incredibly more useful if the UI Kit for iOS would be more accurate with spacing and more complete, providing several of the standard iOS controls and views.

For example, the top title bars appear to be a few pixels too short and should have the standard 8 pixel empty space on both sides.

I'm using XD 0.5.0.4

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Difference files, produces the same link.

The steps to reproduce the bug.

1. Create a file A.xd
    2. Design something on A.xd
    3. Create share link (results a dummy link: http://adobe.ly/AAA).
    4. Close file
    5. Copy A.xd file
    6. Paste to same folder
    7. Rename A.xd to B.xd
    8. Open B.xd
    9. Design a variation of A
    10. Create share link

Now step 10. produce a link like http://adobe.ly/AAA, which overides the share link of A.xd file.

Actually the problem is that I was expecting A.xd and B.xd produce different share links, but they actually produce the same link

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Infinite Ungroup

There's no way of knowing when an object is in a group or not. When an object is not in any group, the 'ungroup' option in the menu should be greyed out.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pasting text from AI - preserve formatting

When pasting text from AI, XD copy all attributes of the text (font, size, color) except for the font weight.

For instance if I copy a text element from AI that is bold, it appears in XD as regular style.

version 0.5.0.4

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. XD Prototype tiny in browser(s)

Just updated XD today (13.1.32.8) , now all prototypes (on Safari and Chrome) are showing a tiny thumbails.....is this ever going to work properly? This is the 4th issue in 1 week. crazy. Prototypes are so unreliable, it's impossible to share with clients....

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Not Able To Install Any Plugins

I am unable to install any plugins in the October 2018 release version of XD

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Older Xd artboards over 8192px height aren't supported in web view.

Older Xd artboards over 8192px height aren't supported in web view. Do I need to update older files over 8192px or is this a bug?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Working very slow in windows 10

Adobe Xd running very slow ... I can't copy paste text or picture with the shortcut key.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fixed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Plus button in assets

Last update made the add button in assets bar impossible to click it. It is because the button is too near to the roll bar.
    Please, check the screenshot.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Moving view on trackpad broken

I am using a Surface Book Pro, latest OS and up to date XD. When I try to pan around using the track pad (2 fingers) the view goes nuts. The cursor highlights random areas, moves random things, generally causes mayhem. Has been happening for about 2 weeks now. Have tried hard shutdowns etc. If my computer was not a touch screen, I would be totally unable to use XD.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pinning Comments is Not Working, Please Help

My company is experiencing an issue where when they go to pin a comment to a prototype for reviewing, the viewport shoots to the middle of the design and you can only pin in that spot and are unable to scroll up or down. You also can not move your pin to the top. Adobe please look into this issue soon as it is causing a lot of headache for my company that recently converted our entire company over to XD under my recommendation and is not only looking bad but causing me a lot of head aches and frustration.…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Some content disappears when sharing a large artboard

When an large artboard (height around 16000px or larger) is shared, some content near the bottom of the artboard is missing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Conflicted copies on older XD files appear cloud.

Conflicted copies on older XD files appear in my cloud. Our shared creative cloud has been flodded with over 100 conflicted copies of files that have not been used in a long time (2017) I have only attached a small snippet of the issue, as what I am working with requires an NDA. Please contact me on han@nemlig.com. I have tried your normal support, but I am still waiting for an "expert" to contact me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. XD Locks up while opening files (Mac)

My team has a problem where we try to open files and it stays in the loading state forever (blue bar at the top just fills up and stays that way). We have to "force quit" Adobe XD for it to be fixed.

It happens on files we have stored locally, or on Google Drive. We all have the most up-to-date Adobe XD, and OSX.

We mostly see it on files that have a lot of artboards, but it's not like we have hundreds. Even 20 detailed artboards this happens at least once a day. It never happened before the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve been tracking this bug for three months now, and it looks like this hasn’t happened in a while. If this is still happening, please file a new ticket so that we can triage again.

-Elaine

20. Drag and Drop photos into vector works only the first time

Windows 10, when you try and drag and drop an image into a vector to fill, it works the first time. If you try and drag and drop a new image into another vector, it ignores whatever you are dragging and instead uses the first image you dragged in. You have to close and restart xD in order for it to pick up the new image. Seems like it is holding onto that first image in whatever "clipboard" xD is using for this feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We haven’t heard back from you guys in the past three months, so our hope is that you’re happy with our fix! If you see any additional issues, please file them in UserVoice.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Feedback and Knowledge Base