Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-fixed  ·  34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Setting font size sets opacity instead

Using Windows v10.0.14393 and XD v3.1.1.2.2

--------------------

Steps to reproduce:

1) Select text in my design with the type tool
    2) Select font size value in the TEXT pane and type in a new value (e.g. 12)
    3) Hit enter

Expected Result:

1) New font size value applied to text in design

Actual Result:

1) The operation sets the Opacity of the text object to that value

I usually need to repeat steps above until font size is properly set. This happens intermittently and is difficult to predict. Not sure what I'm doing to make this happen

Also, would like…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Paul:

Sorry to hear you’re encountering a problem with this. This report is a bit old (filed against XD 3) – can you please create a new post with the following info?
    - XD version
    - OS version
    - Detailed steps of what you’re doing, where it goes wrong and what you expect
    - If possible recording showing the issue

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

3. 27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. June 2018 release: "Unknown error. Please try again later" and missing artboards in shared prototypes

This issue has a number of symptoms:

* After updating to the June 2018 release, the update prototype progress freezes at 50% complete. No amount of restarting or resaving files has solved this...
    * When viewing a shared prototype only the message "Unknown error. Please try again later." is shown
    * When viewing a shared prototype some artboards are missing and just show grey

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hiya Christian!

The white screens usually indicate WebGL is disabled. Not sure if you’ve seen our help page for troubleshooting this, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-view-web-prototypes.html

If you’re still seeing problems loading prototypes, would you mind terribly opening a new report? I want to make sure we’re tracking the problem you’re seeing which may be different from the one reported in this post.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

5. Prototype blurry and squished

Prototypes are sometimes squished horizontally, blurry, or only show half the layout! It happens randomly, has nothing to do with monitors or browsers...done lots of testing in the office on different machines.

I have to send layouts to client today! Will have to send JPGs instead, very disappointed with the application.

My XD version is up-to-date XD CC, using a MAC.

Any help would be appreciated. If we cannot use the prototype feature XD is useless.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fixed  ·  24 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Changing font by typing name doesn't work well (no autocomplete, case sensitive) - after going fullscreen

When I want to change the font - the only way I can change it is if I scroll through the dropdown and click the font. If I type the font name, and click tab or enter, it just defaults back to Helvetica.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Pushpa:

The bug you’re describing is different than the one in this report. It sounds like there is something wrong with your font file. I suggest you exit all Adobe programs and re-install. If issue persists, be sure to contact your font vendor for any additional information.

If you find the problem is with Adobe XD only, be sure to file a new bug report for investigation.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

7. [Windows 10] Ctrl activate Zoom when i hold space bar, OMG

After the new update, when i press ctrl+shift+G or other letters the space bar become the Zoom function. The only way to get out of that is to press top right on play.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. [Win 10] Incorrect display when re-ordering layers

windows 10
    GTX 1080 (latest drivers 399.07).

Reordering layers (not only groups) randomly (i'd say 1 every 10 reordering wihtout noticable pattern) leaves a persistent ghost of the dragged item (even outside the application, ie on the desktop) and reordering stops working after that.

Ghost is often presented as a slashed red circle within a grey square, in the case of dragging a single layer (screenshot attached)

This bug has been present since this feature was introduced in XD.
    Every session of my work in xd is plagued with this issue.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Zoom slow and pixelated, xd hangs

If I zoom in or out in xd then xd will hang up for a few seconds. Sometimes 5 - 10 seconds no reaction. The other artboards are blurred during this time. Even when moving across different artboards it happens.

I've seen in the Windows 10 Task Manager that during these seconds, where xd hangs, the graphics card is busy. I have a GTX 970 with current Drivers.

After xd reacts again, often the keyboard does not work anymore

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fixed  ·  18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Prototypes slow to load

Prototypes that have fixed elements and/or overlays are very slow to load after the June 2018 release of XD.

-have not tried prototypes without fixed or scrollable elements
    -makes loading prototypes painfully slow and feels counterproductive to share with Dev team members

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can't import .sketch files (Sketch v50)

Can't import .sketch saved by Sketch v50.
    I could find nothing in all artboards.

Thanks.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. XD crashes when clicking on the artboard with text tool

I have a bug in Version 2.0.32.10, when I try to use the text tool, XD crashes completely.

My colleague doesn't have the issue, so my guess is that XD is going through all my fonts and finds something that it can't handle. Would be nice to have a general direction of what to look for.

Thanks

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We just released XD 2.1, which fixes this issue. If you don’t see the update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the … button in the upper right hand corner, and select “Check for App Updates.” Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue!

-Elaine

13. Name cropped when exporting artboards to pngs

Version 0.6.32.12 Beta

I try to export multiple artboards, already naming them as I want, I export to png, when I check the pngs name: the name are not exported properly (it’s cropped randomly), some cropped, some doesn’t.

For example,
    Expected result: “Mockup01 - without collaboration - 170620.png” 

Actual result: “Mockup01 - without colla.png”

It's never happen on previous version. I'm using Mac.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fixed  ·  17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unknown error. Please try again later. shows when trying to create a public link prototype Adobe XD CC

Trying to create publicly linked files showing artboard progression and I keep getting this error message Unknown error. Please try again later

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Touch Screen no longer works in Preview Mode - Worked perfectly prior to December 2018

Button transitions just flash when pressed on touch screen, even though they work correctly when clicked via mouse.

The touch screen worked perfectly over the last few months, I'm assuming it quit working with the last update (or around that time). My touch screen works with every other item in XD and any other application, it just won't activate the transitions in 'Preview Mode'

I have the lastest update of XD - Version 14.0.42.14
    Windows 10 PC

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Crash while saving in Windows 10

One or two times a day, I've been experiencing the shut down while I'm saving files. It's on my local server and I'm using window10. I'd rather degrade my xd version from the newest one since the issues is happening after I updated recently.

Here is summary below.

window 10

1. the shut down while saving file and lost like 2-3hour works even I saved with short cut every 30min.

2. Generally, saving and open a file take me at least 1 min depends on how big it is which isn't this way previously.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue has been fixed in the May release of Adobe XD! To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

17. Win10 RS5 Beta: XD Crashes on Launch (#49656)

Adobe XD does not start after upgrade of the windows version 17627. It just shows gray screen and after few second close. Reinstallation and other methods on various Adobe forums and google sources not working. We recommend holding off on installing this beta build of Windows 10 if at all possible while we research the issue.

Windows 10 RS5 Bêta : XD se bloque au lancement
    Adobe XD ne démarre pas après la mise à niveau de la version Windows 17627. Un écran gris apparaît et le programme se ferme après quelques secondes. Echec de la réinstallation et des autres…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. SVG import problem

I could import SVG files before I did the update. I can't import svg anymore after the update. You can test svg files on the following sites.

https://undraw.co/illustrations
    https://thenounproject.com/

XD Version 12.0.12.10
    Windows 10 Pro 1809

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [Windows 10 Fall Creators Update] Shift and alt automaintain

When I use Adobe XD, sometime the key shift or alt is maintain even if I don't push on any key.
    I don't know if it's a bug or a mode. If it's a mode I don't know how to leave this mode (and how to active it). I usually wait or press a lot of key or I quit and restart XD if shift or alt are still maintained.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fixed  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. your update version for win 10 is not exporting the good quality of the page check it image. Old version is good

your update version for win 10 is not exporting the good quality of the page check it image. Old version is good.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The bug with export quality has been fixed in the April release, which is now available through the Creative Cloud. If you don’t see an update, click on the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

Thanks,

-Elaine

Feedback and Knowledge Base