Changes to shared file aren't reflected for every user
Here's the flow:
- I created a shared file several months ago, Shared for review, & invited another designer to work on it.
- The other designer worked on it for a month or so, and asked that I update the "shared for review" link.
- I opened the file. No "Accept changes" dialogue appeared.
- I updated the link successfully.
- The other designer opened the preview and realized that only some of her changes appeared in the link preview.
- When we compared the file on her computer and my computer (100% sure it was the same shared file), my file didn't reflect all of the changes she had made. When she tried to change something on her computer and successfully saved it, no "Accept changes" dialogue appeared on my computer. However, when I changed something on my computer, an "Accept changes" dialogue appeared on her computer, and overwrote all of her changes.
- The only thing that fixed the situation was to Cmd + C all of the artboards from a backup file on her computer, and paste them into the shared file on my computer, then save. After that, the 2 computers were in sync again, and when she changed something on her computer, I received an "Accept changes" dialogue.
I have the same problem :(
Adobe XD 18.104.22.168
Here are the specs of the two computers having this issue:
Windows 10 Pro
Build : 17763.557
XD Version: 22.214.171.124
Creative Cloud Sync: 126.96.36.199
Windows 10 Home
Creative Cloud Sync: 188.8.131.52
Core Sync has been confirmed running in the task manager on both those machines. When user from one of those computers opened a file that was edited by a 3rd user who does not have this issue, they were presented with the "There are some new Changes made from other device, would you like the accept the changes or create a new file" popup. When they accepted the changes, all the changes that they previously made were overwritten.
I am having the same issue with my designers and the XD files. It started happening last week.
When I go to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and view the files, it shows them as last modified several days ago, despite being updated today by the user. This is happening for three different users. The only thing common with the users are they have been invited to edit the file. The owner of the file does not have the issue editing and having those changes reflect on assets.adobe.com but the owner still cannot see the changes made by others.
Rajesh K.N commented
Thank you for reporting this.
We tried to reproduce this but we couldn't.
Kindly check if the core sync is working in both the machines.
In windows, you could check in task manager.
In Mac, you could check in Activity manager.
If you are still facing the same issue, we would want some information.
- OS version of both the machines.
- XD version of both the machines.
- Core Sync version of both the machines (Open Creative Cloud > tap on the 3 dot menu next to the user icon > Tap on "Preferences" > Tap on "Creative Cloud" > Tap on "File".
- Also, check if other files are working fine.
Looking forward to hear from you.