Copy - paste linked asset symbol, interactions/links are lost
XD v 14.0.42
If I copy and Paste a linked symbol with an object inside which has a link/interaction to another artboard the interaction disappears.
I tried when the document was in the cloud, when it was saved in my computer and even with a new document, behavior is the same - links/interactions are lost after I copy-paste an asset symbol which is linked.
Interactions will stay if I use alt+drag.
Expected Result: Wire link remains in newly pasted symbol.
Actual Result: Wire link is removed in newly pasted symbol.
I use Windows 10
Are you copy/pasting the symbol while in Prototype mode or Design mode? If it’s Design mode, the interaction will not be maintained.
Here’s what I do and note that behavior is working as I expect it:
- In Document 1, draw elipse, convert to symbol
- Create new document (Document 2), copy symbol from Document 1
- Add two more artboards in Document 2
- Switch to Protytpe mode, add interaction from symbol to Artboard 2
- Copy + paste symbol in Artboard 3. This also shows wire to Artboard 2
Hope this helps!
If asset symboli is local, everything works.