Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

53 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slow performance, Xd June 2019

After updating to Xd 20.0.12.10 the application becomes very slow.

Upon starting/restarting the app it's responsive. However, after running for a few minutes it becomes unusable slow.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  19 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Zoom in / Zoom out with keyboard numpad bug

Zoom in / Zoom out numpad keyboard shortcut not working anymore since latest update (cmd + "numpad +" and cmd + "numpad -")

V 19.0.22.9

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. pdf export blurry images (with shadow) and file size

When exporting to pdf, the file size becomes quite huge.
    Additionally, the images that have a shadow (added in XD, image is jpeg) become blurry and the text (in the image) unreadable. It's no problem without shadow.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can’t save document (Error 49)

One of my cloud documents can’t save. The problem is that it’s the one that has all my "master" components and from this one I link all components to my working files. I suspect there are some corrupt components that started causing it, is there a way to narrow it down?
    I can send the logs too.

I’m on the latest May release.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  26 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Master component changes do not update on children if master has subcomponents

Version: XD19

Steps:
    1) Create a rectangle with a black fill, convert that rectangle to a component.
    2) Use an instance of that new component to create another component (perhaps in addition to a text layer so those two together make up a button)
    3) Change the master of that button component to have a red background color
    4) The instances of that button component do not reflect the red background, even though they have 0 overrides

Expected: Changes in a master component get reflected in its children
    Result: Child components retain the initial state, even though they have no…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply. Apologies if I was unclear – I didn’t mean to say that all your nested components must be master components, but to demonstrate that if you are editing master components, the edits will propagate to the other instances.

So in the original example you posted, you were actually overriding the fill color in a nested instance (not a master component). If instead, you right-clicked on the nested instance and chose ‘Edit Master Component’, your viewport would have panned to the master component, and then any changes you made to the master component would propagate to its instances. It doesn’t matter if the instance is nested in another component or not.

So nested components are fully supported in this new master/instance model, but the important thing to remember is you must edit the master component, either directly in the parent component or by right-clicking on…

7. Error Code: 49

Trying to save a project (also tried "Save As") and got the following error:
    "There was an error saving file agc9f88.tmp
    (Error Code: 49)
    The file could not be saved. Please try saving again."

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  12 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. CC Library doesn't show Transparency

Hello there,

I'm not sure if this has changed since the update, but on Mac ver 14.0.42.14 the CC library does not show Transparency in the preview. This means its hard to tell which Icon I'm trying to place:

See here:

Bridge is on the left (see there is Trans) XD is on the Right

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. cannot read property 'postscriptName' or null

It tells me "cannot read property 'postscriptName' or null" and then showing just a blank page. Reboot, re-install, older version doesn't work.

Win10/64,

XD - 8.022.11

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Slow performance when reordering assets

Version 19.0.22.9

Reordering assets is very slow. The blue bar that shows where the assets are going to be dropped simply doesn't show up a lot of the time. To move assets far down the list, it requires dragging and dropping several times, and each time I'm just guessing where it will be dropped. Often it doesn't move at all and I have to try again.

I'm working in a cloud saved document (as that seems to be the only way to share color and character assets across files). It seems to try saving every time I drag assets, which…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Reset to Master Component" Ignores Sub-component Overrides

When selecting "Reset to Master Component" it seems any overrides on subcomponents are ignored. Instead it cascades, rolling sub-components back to their master.

You can reproduce this by creating a component with the letter A, duplicating it, overriding the second and creating a wrapping component (so the component is "A" "B").

Duplicate this component ("A" "B") and update the Master Component to "Y" "Z".

Finally select "Reset to Master" on the ("A" "B") duplicate component, it should reset to ("Y" "Z") to reflect our overrides on the Master Component. Instead it resets to ("Y" "Y").

It appears rather than "Rest…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. After cloud documents XD takes forever to launch/start

Hi, since last update where adobe introduced save to cloud when I start XD the window is blank for a very long time. Everything is slow, laggy, and the save button freezes randomly, even when document is saved on the computer and not cloud. The new update has made working on XD very frustrating.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Overlay shows scroll bar despite scroll = none

Overlays show a scrollbar even when scroll is set to none on the target artboard. I can't get 100% replicability, but majority of the time.

1. Create a small artboard (e.g. to be a dialog) with all contents within the artboard area.
    2. Set scroll = none on this artboard
    3. In prototype mode, set the artboard as the target overlay of another
    4. Enter desktop preview
    5. When overlay is shown, vertical scroll bar appears

Adobe XD 9.1.12.3 for Windows

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Error 44:23

I cant able to export the prototype link for the developer.

# I tried to make all the assets linked with other files are making it as local assert.
    # I tried to delete my old link and create a new link. Still, I can't able to make it a success.

Can you help me to resolve this error.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  29 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Color issues

Hexcodes appear very different between art boards. Looks like it gets an opacity change without it actually being changed. The opacity slider says its 100% but the color obviously isn't showing opaque.

Colors suddenly changes opacity from 100% and when its closed and then opened the opacity has changed.

The checkbox next to the color square in the front UI is sometimes totally black and sometimes its not possible to click in the box to turn a border color or fill color on, this has been an ongoing issues since day one with XD.

Also, the color picker keeps disappearing.…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  9 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Color change animation

Hello guys, I really don't know if this is a real bug but I should report, when auto animation, the object color don't make the transition steps, the color change suddenly, is that a real bug?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [Win] Frequently Crashing

Frequently Crashing (while open XD app, maximize XD app window, while zooming, if open any multiple files also)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Unable to update links for development

Hello,

Since updating Adobe XD this morning, I'm unable to update the existing link for development. Couple of my colleagues are experiencing it too.
    Error msg:
    There was a problem updating the link you previously created(error 55:47:-1). Choose "New Link" to create a new link.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can't use Hand tool with Wacom (pan)

Pressing the Space Bar while using Wacom doesn't shift to the Hand tool so I may pan the document as in using the mouse (on all of adobe software).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56

Feedback and Knowledge Base