Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. auto-animate doesn't work once object is made into component

Auto animate doesn't work once the object is made into a component.

At first, my issue was that the item1 on artBoard1 had a different name than the item2 on artBoard2. I made sure they had the same name, after reading online, and the animation worked again.

But once I make "item1" and/or "item2" a component, the animation defaults to a fade transition, even if the two master components AND two instances of those components all have the same name.

The video I attached demonstrates the issue.
    The easiest way to tell is to watch the arrow on the top…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Component name reset

Component names keep resetting to "Component-1..etc" even after I rename them. On Desktop this is ok. However when viewing the prototype on iOS app the transition animations don't render correctly. I have to fix the names of the components for the animations to work correctly.

The issue occurs on iOS 12 & 13, and MacOS Mojave
    Here's a demo file showing the issue on iOS and MacOS
    you can see that the Prototype on MacOS handles automate (even with the wrong component names wrong) just fine, whereas the iOS app does not render the animations properly.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RlswXysAUB5c3S2oKzsHzbY-2crmTbNr
    Additionally, I am…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Issue to create smooth transition between 2 charts and gradient under them (ghost effect)

I attached a video so it's easier to explain. There is a strange "ghost" effect happening when I switch between charts and gradients don't animate correctly. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Version of Adobe XD: 21.2.12.3
    Also attaching XD file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Blurry elements with fixed position when using full screen desktop preview

When I'm doing a desktop preview of my design the elements are clear and sharp. But when I do a full screen mode (green icon on mac) the elements that have a fixed position appear blurry and other elements are clear. For example when I switch off the fixed position for the top nav the elements appear clear now in the full screen desktop preview.

I've been doing some tests. When I create a brand-new project, new artboard, when I set the project artboard height the same size or lower than the viewport height then the blurring of the fixed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. About low image quality when sharing a prototype for previewing

Hi.

If you do prototype sharing in the following operations, the quality of the image will be reduced.

1. Paste the jpg (or png) created in Photoshop on the Xd art board.
    2. Share for preview.

There was no problem before, but the quality has been low since several months ago.
    If the image is large, is it automatically compressed?
    I'm previewing the design jpg created in Photoshop with Xd, and I'm in trouble.
    Is there a solution?

My environment is as follows.

Xd Version:21.2.12.3
    OS Version:macOS Mojave(10.14)
    Browser Version:
    Chrome(75.0.3770.142 64bit)
    Safari(12.0)
    Firefox(68.0.1 64bit)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  7 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Zoom / fit feature not available in prototype and comment mode

When I double click the bracket symbol in design specs I'm switched to prototype mode, the same mode I'm transferred to when I click the comment icon. In other words by clicking the comment icon I get the prototype, same as I get when I double click the bracket icon - is this a bug? It's not very intuitive. You must make up your mind what belongs to what. My main concern however is that I don't get to keep the fit/zoom feature in neither prototype mode or comments mode - I only get that in design specs. This makes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. prototype destination

When I create a new artboard and make a prototype It works. But when I have a artboard already created and try to make a prototype the destination stay unabled.

See the video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Overlay loses its position if you change the animation.

Say you create an overlay and position it. Then you decide you want the overlay to slide left rather than dissolve. If you change the animation you'll have to reposition the overlay.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-open-to-fix  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Problem with overlay

Adobe XD
    Version 21.0.12.11

IN the prototype mode the option to move the overlay and to locate it on the screen does not appear

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Overlays can't be moved since last update

Since I updated my XD I can't move existing or new overlays. Before the update there was a handle inside the Overlay to move it (which isn't perfect either, because it isn't easy to place it pixel-precise) since the update this handle is gone and I couldn't find another way to move my overlays.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unable to make comments in prototypes

the people I shared the prototype with, all of a sudden are not able to post the comments anymore. The team was able to comment until a few hours before.
    I notice that it is on a particular wireframe only. The other one is working fine however.
    says: we are unable to post your comment, please try again.
    Also I cannot resolve any comment others have written.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Pramod,

Few more details will help us to investigate further.

1. Can you confirm us whether the reported error is occurring for the public or private prototype link?
    2. What type of account used when trying to submit a comment (Personal/ Enterprise/ Guest)?
    3. Approximate number of comments submitted earlier (Resolved and Unresloved count)?

Would it be possible to share the prototype link?

Regards,
    Muthukumar

13. Prototype Link works slow

As sharing the prototypes links for review, it takes lots of time to load every time and on every update. Its really frustrating to see and check the flow in prototypes with such slow functionality.
    Can it be resolved. Can the prototype link in sharing work as smooth as in adobe xd.

Regards
    Sachin Meshram

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Apenas Uma Atenuação (animações) e Transição Time

Na versão de julho (17/06/2019) esta permitindo apenas uma atenuação a de Fade Out. Não permite outras animações como Fade In Fade In/Out etc.

Alem disso não tem transição de time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can't drag transition link from a locked item.

With this latest update, when in prototype mode, I cannot drag a transition link from a locked item. I have to unlock the item to see the arrow which allows me to drag a link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Prototype triggers randomly change when navigating artboards

Version 20.0.12.10

After copying interactive elements from one artboard to another, the triggers that are assigned to them randomly change to other values. This is occurring with keyboard triggers that are used on a component (though this has been occurring on non-component elements)

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create some elements, in a group, on one artboard and wire them to other artboards using keyboard triggers.
    2. Copy the group to another artboard and edit the wires to previous/other artboards.
    3. Repeat step 2 several times.
    4. Randomly select the elements on all artboards.

Expected Result: Keyboard triggers are maintained.
    Actual…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. prototype connection gets lost when updating asset

When refreshing an external asset (for example from a design system file) the asset looses its prototype connections.
    We have a 2 file setup:
    A design system files that delivers styles and icons and a protoype file where we import the design system file..
    As soon as I for example update the menu icon in the design system file, all connections in the prototype of that icon get lost, which is kind of annoying when you have 40 screens that you have to link once again each time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Updating component breaks prototype links

When updating any attribute of a master component, each linkage on the instances breaks. Please make it keep the links.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Artboard names mixed up at export to PNG

The names of the artboards get mixed up when I export to PNG. In my XD file I have an artboard named "Test - 65". In the export folder the PNG called "Test - 65" shows another artboard. PNG that represents the artboard "Test - 65" is named "Test - -6"...! very confusing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Auto-Animate increment/decrement input number values

In Prototyping View I expect to be able to increment / decrement the duration values in the input fields with the arrow keys. Unfortunately it doesnt work as expected. Its inconsistent, kind of.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base