Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why can't I access my shared files in XD Application?

This seems to me like a basic Workflow and UX issue created by Adobe. After spending a bunch of time on their support and phone, I have hit a dead end. I can only see this as a oversight from Adobe developers and consider this a bug.

I shared a file through their XD App on their MacBook. I gave myself editing rights. The file never showed up in my XD Application.

The file does show on my https://assets.adobe.com/shared

The file shows as "Design Specs" permission.

Regardless of the permissions, I should be able to see every shared file the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. XD files appear as folders in Adobe CC app for MS Teams

This is about the Adobe CC app added to Microsoft Teams.
    By Adobe
    Version 2.5.0.0

When viewing a shared XD, it appears in the Adobe CC app as a folder and not an .xd file. As a result you can open it and trash the content of the XD file instead of the view and downloaded options you get with an .ai or .indd

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Responsive Size always active.

Hey guys, although I really love the new Responsive Size feature, I consider that it's very annoying to have this functionality activated by default.

In the 90% of the cases when I drop new icons from Illustrator or when I create new forms in XD itself, I have to unselect the option of "Responsive Size" because it blows up my form while resizing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "something went wrong" more often than not

"something went wrong" more often than not

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pinch to Zoom Stops working Unless toggled off and on again on Mac

I'm filing this as a new bug because A) I couldn't successfully vote for another version of this bug and B) the bug was labeled as not reproducible. It still happens and is a problem. toggling pinch to zoom off and on fixes it, but it is annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OSX mac sierra 10.13.6 and windows 10 OS 17763.253 not able to open xd file due to an update message

Getting the message: This was created with a newer version of Adobe XD. Please update Adobe XD to open it.

I got adobe xd version 15.0.12.8 on mac and pc, I saved the file yesterday 07.02.2019. But when I try to open the file today I get the update message.

So now my adobe xd file is in limbo, I am not able to open it either from mac or pc.

MAC osx High Sierra version 10.13.6
    PC: Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.253

I have also tried to restart my mac and pc, but it did not help.

a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Holding spacebar + mouse drag does not move the artboard

This is a unique situation that only seems to happen inside a virtual machine. I am using VirtualBox version 5.2.20 r125813 (Qt5.6.2).

When attempting to move around the artboard using the space bar + mouse drag it doesn't work. It does display the 'hand' icon but the nothing happens.

This works fine when using Adobe XD (13.0.12.14) on a physical host.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug in layers panel while moving layers

When i moving layers in layers panel some times a element is over flowed on screen stays even minimizing xd until force closing from taskmanager it stays on screen while closing the xd windows report some thing like "windows is using to show screen to show if you close the app sharing is closed" message to not exact i will post a screenshot of message when it occurs it happens to me upto 10 times

i was on windows 10 apr 2018

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

Thanks for sharing your feedback and screen grabs. Can you tell me more about where you’re trying to drag? Another user was recently trying to drag layers while no artboard was open so that case it was showing the correct behavior.

It would help me a lot to better understand what might be happening if you could share a recording. I use Licecap, https://www.cockos.com/licecap/

Also, details about your setup:
    - XD version
    - OS version
    - Does this happen with all files or just some?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

9. Unable to create new document from welcome screen.

I have been using XD for the past 1.6 years. From the last 3-4 updates onward i am not able to create a new document from XD welcome window. XD throwing an error message while creating a new document. Please see the attached screenshot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cannot open a new file.

XD version 14.0.42.14

Expected behavior:
    1. Open XD
    2. Beginning dialog box, select art board
    3. Art board appears, new file is created.

Actual behavior:
    1. Open XD
    2. Beginning dialog box, select art board
    3. Nothing happens. No click action, no new art board.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Copy & Paste from XD to Ai

1. Version of Adobe XD: 16.0.28

2. Copy an element from XD and paste it into Adobe Illustrator

3. Expected result: it should be also an vector element and you can change it

4. Actual result: it becomes an image and you can't change anything

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Inconsistent Art Board

I created an XD file for web and the new file got populated correctly with a Web-sized artboard. I have worked on that artboard on a few days. Now, I have opened the file again and wanted to add a second artboard, and the Artboard is iPhone 6/7/8 sized (and named). It seems like the default artboard for a web-design project should be a web-sized artboard, not an iPhone one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Zoom Feature Bug Prototyping

When prototyping there is a bug that is not allowing me to see the full window for the transition options. It cuts off as if I am zoomed in too far to see the features on the bottom of the window. However, when I zoom out the window just retains its proportions and keeping me from seeing half of the options. There is no way to move this window either and it is INCREDIBLY frustrating!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Design Specs cannot be exported anymor

Since about 2 hours it is impossible to export design specs. I have tried everything, even deleting the existing design specs+prototype for my project and creating a new link. However, only a prototype link is created when i click on "Design" and create a new link. I have tried to first create a new prototype link and THEN create a design specs link but still...only the prototype link is shown. It has worked fine until 2 hours ago and we are in the middle of a release which means the developers need the specs urgently. Quite a bummer....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

Some questions to help dig into this:
    - What version of XD + OS are you working with?
    - Are you seeing an error when you try to create Design spec link?
    - Can you retry same steps with new file that has one artboard with a single shape?
    - Can you share video of the issue?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

15. Material Pallete Plugin by ParamUkesh doesn't work

So I installed this plugin. Earlier it didn't show up in my plugins tab. When it finally did show up in the tab, and I launched it my layers moved but nothing happened. Moreover, whenever I pressed any short-cut for example
    CMD + Shift + Space there wasn't any activity response.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

third-party-plugins  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Texts formatting within the same text field looks different between windows and mac!

Using Windows OS XD version in an artboard I created a text field using two different weight from the same font family! So now there are four lines of text in a single text field! The first line is in Bold type and Rest three lines are Light types!

When I open this same file in Mac OS then this Text field with 4 brake lines removes all breaks between lines and converts all text in a single line, it also removes spaces between all words!

Here I have attached a screenshot which shows the difference between both Windows and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fonts with similar name activates wrong font from Adobe Fonts

When designing with a font from Adobe Fonts. And then watching design in Adobe XD app on Android another font is activated automatically.

The font i wanted to use: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/t26-carbon

The font that gets activated and shows up in the XD app: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/carbon

I tried deactivatinf back and forth but the wrong Carbon always activates by default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Open file stored on computer has become extremely slow after XD started automatically saving to cloud

Hi, I didn't opt to save my files on the cloud. I saved my files on my computer, and it feels like users are being penalized for not using the cloud. It takes forever to access files from the "My computer" tab. The section takes several seconds to refresh, it happened instantly earlier, before the save to cloud.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello:

Sorry to hear you’re having problems working with XD.

Can you share some details to help with investigation?
    - OS version
    - AdobeID
    - Country location
    - Network (home/office)
    - Adobe Sync version, in Creative Cloud application go to Preferences>Creative Cloud> Files

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

19. Overlay action breaks Background blur and Shadow effects

1. Version: 14.0.42.14 (Starter) on Windows 10

2. When I create an Overlay action between artboards (imitation of iOS notification sliding down), it does not apply Background Blur and Shadow effects (it works for Transition action).

3. I want to blur background with shadow for Overlay action.

4. Actual result - the background image is not blured properly and shadow effect is completely missing. Screenshot showing my artboard/settings/actual effect. Notice how line from "b" logo in the background is still visible and shadow effect is not present at all. Link: https://imgur.com/a/DDM4JET

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Trying to save file to cloud - get endless spinning wheel

Hi, I can't save any files to the cloud, when I try I get the "Saving" screen with spinner forever.

I'd really love to preview the prototype I'm working on, on my phone, this issue is a bit of a blocker at the moment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base