Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SVG Gradient Export Angle Wrong

XD version: 18.1.12.1

When exporting the attached icon file to SVG the coloured gradients in the top of the illustration are on the incorrect angles when displayed on the web.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Safari browser conflicting with show square grid shortcut (⌘+')

Version 18.1.12.1, CC 4.2.2.13
    Mac OS 10.14.4

Not sure which side it is on - could be an OS issue. It's been driving me crazy for weeks as toggling square grid on and off is probably most used shortcut. I've discovered that launching Safari stops this keyboard shortcut from working. I have checked system preferences and forums, and deactivated all the possible keyboard shortcuts I can find. The only work around I have so far, is to log out, restart my computer, and then use Chrome or Firefox. Showing Guides is unaffected (⌘+Shift+')

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ghost shape in a aleatory position

when I move the canvas position I see a weird shape over my designs, please check the screenshot, thanks a lot, good Job

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to shift + click and select multiple items

While holding the shift key down and selecting items I am unable to select multiple items. They are not in separate groups or different art boards. I have a video attached showing my issue. (note: I'm holding the shift key while clicking).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. XD should automatically pick up the saved location when i'm exporting the artboard as PNG

Steps are briefed here

1. I saved the XD file in my desktop location

2. I'm trying to export the artboard as PNG

3. XD will automatically show the different location(what i used to save different file). It should automatically pick the current location where the current file i saved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adobe XD doesn't always start

Hi,
    This bug didn't happen until recently, this is the 7th-8th time it actually happens. but it seems to be happening every day, right after I start my computer. So when I start XD, only the window with the minimize/close buttons appear, nothing more. I wait, and nothing happens. I have to close the window, then start XD again to have it working. Sometimes I have to actually repeat the above process two or three times.

I have a friend who cannot open XD at all. This is our bread and butter, these issues should not exist, especially in such…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Creating new file from homescreen fail!

Can't creating a new file @ CS Homescreen.
    See clip.

Windows 10 x64
    16 GB Ram
    Intel Core i7-6700
    XD Version: latest.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sometimes copying guides is not active

Sometimes copying guides is not active - not sure way. With right-click on the guide and "Copy" is not available.

Windows ver. 19.1.22.6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Windows: Clicking Escape doesn't exit Options panel when focus is on Lock icon

Version: XD19

Steps:
    1) Draw a rectangle
    2) Set width value, press tab
    3) Set height value, press tab
    4) Lock icon is focused

Expected: I expect to be able to exit just like I can in any of the other text fields, however the blue outliner is telling me the lock icon is still active.

Actual result: I cannot exit, lock icon stays focused.

Workaround: Press tab once more and you can exit again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cursor flickering while recording

The cursor seems to flicker between pointer and the Circle (Tap) while in recording mode.

I have tried on various XD files but the bug is persistent.

Version: 16.0.2.8

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. MacOS: disconnecting larger screen external screen results in inactive area

After disconnecting my macbook from my usb-dock with a bigger screen, part of XD becomes unresponsive and does not react to any input.

Video: https://youtu.be/L1GrDwxqTp4

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. XD 14.0.42.14 - again problem with polish special letters - this time with "ć" and "ł"

1. Adobe XD 14.0.42.14

2. Again after the newest (December 2018) update, there is a problem with 2 polish special letter during typing into text frame: "ć" (AltGr + "c") and "ł" (AltGr + "l".

3. Expecting to write "ć" and "ł"

4. Nothing happens after trying to type those letters.

Adobe! ;) ;) ;) - please ;););) again????? ;););)

Thanks!!!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why the zoom in/out is not fluid like photoshop?

When I say fluid like the animation of the software of the interaction
    is not fluid.
    if you try to zoom IN/OUT in Photoshop the animation of the zoom of the screen happens fluid and not jittery like in XD.
    and I don't know why it's like that. it feels artificial

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. eye droppper not visible in gradient

Eye dropper/Color pick tool is not visible sometime when i choose gradient to fill my rectangle or any other shape. Restarting the xd sometimes does the trick but its not working for me anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Shapes get converted to Path

When ever I copy a shape (Rectangle, Rounded Rectangle, Circle) from one document into another XD document, few of the shapes gets converted into a paths automatically. This behaviour is quite often happening often now.

This is quite frustrating because we have auto-animate transitions and
    everything messes up.

Using Adobe XD 14.0.42.12

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. No saving to the cloud document.

No saving to the cloud document.
    I've started a new document, work on it a couple of days, then I start to have problems with Undo functionality. I decided to restart the app. when I close the document I receive the error message with the text "blah blah We cant save you document". When I reopen my file there are no changes at all in it. Nothing, that I worked on, was saved. It like program crash back in 2005.

Imac 27, late 2015

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Background Blur feature not working

1. 19.0.22.9

2. Add a image file or create a shape and turn on the Background blur.

3. Blur effect

4. Brightness and opacity working

After turning on the background blur option, the object not performing the blur effect, the brightness and opacity is working perfectly bu the blur action is not working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shift + F3 (alternate case types) undoes after click away

The only way to make the chosen casing work is to edit the text, erase the edit and click away (bug also happens on ctrl+enter).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Interface icons missinng

Often interface icons like drop down triangle, check mark that appears next to "saved", aren't displayed correctly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Overlayed elements displaying blurry and Scroll bar appearance

Overlayed elements like menus or mini-cart are displaying blurry in comparison with the other elements.

Additionally, a scroll bar appears sometimes in the mini-cart for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base