Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't drag component from assets panel to canvas

1. 19.2.22.3

2. Dragging component from assets panel onto canvas

3. Place the component on the canvas

4. Component snaps back to assets panel

5. Atttached

This doesn't always happen but haven't found when/why its triggered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. polygon tool. when i create a polygon, i cannot use up and down arrow to add or decrease sizes

1. version 22.0.12.12, and i am using a window 10 system PC

2. create a triangle by using polygon tool, and press up and down arrow key

3. i expect the size would be increased or decreased.

4. the size doesn't change but the shape start move up or down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Artboard Overlay - Position mapping error while scrolled in viewport

1. Version 16.0.2.8 CC Sync 4.2.0.25

2. Create artboard where elements will be placed like buttons / header

3. Create artboard where you have the items you want to let overlay on artboard

4. Create overlay

5. Preview > Now in initial screen the overlay works fine

6. Scroll in preview so the design will move according the height of viewport

7. Again click on your overlay item

8. Now you will notice that the Overlay maps accoring the x & y position of new viewport and not attached to initial location

9. Mapping overlays only on design location and will not move with viewport

10. Moved items

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  5 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Uppercase text on mobile version of XD

Text style like "Uppercase" doesn't apply to mobile XD version, the only way to see text like it should be - to write it with caps lock or shift. Selecting "TT" icon makes sence only on desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Repeat grid is now including shadow in the spacing value

When an element has a shadow and a repeat grid is applied the spacing option now includes the shadow width or height as part of that padding.

version: 14.0.42.14

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. shades, text imput

1. hello how long are we going to wait to fix the shades in component ?

2. sometimes my adobe xd freezes when I write an object size or I work with a text tool

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Real time preview does not work - Windows 10 & IPhone

Real time preview on my Iphone does not work. I am using the latest version of Adobe XD (updated on June 18) and also of the app. However, when connecting my phone via USB (I tried various cables too) nothing happens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Error loading recent prototypes on startup screen

When I first start the application, in the recent tab, an infinite loading stays on the screen trying to load my prototypes, if I restart the application it brings my prototypes of formal fast, loading appears and soon the prototypes are loaded, only in the first this bug occurs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Editing master components

Editing a master component (symbol) does not populate to any instance. e.g. Adding text to the master component does not change any instances.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Joe,

Are you certain you’re actually editing the master component? If you right-click on an instance and choose Edit Master Component, it should select or open the master component for the instance. A visual cue is you will see a green diamond in the upper left corner when you have selected a master component.

Another circumstance in which a change in master won’t be synced in the instance is if you’ve already overridden the instance – i.e., you edited the text in the instance before you changed the text in the master component.

Please let us know if either of the above two scenarios are what you ran into. If not, please add more details about what you’re seeing.

Thanks,
    Joe

10. Colour Palette Bug

Colour Palette Bug

Hi I am using Adobe XD with version 17.0.12.11 . While dragging the point of colour from colour palette to change the colour of something whole xd freezes and colour changes very slowly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 'paragraph spacing' causes 'point text' to behave differently

Changing area text into point text usually leaves the text layout the same but changes the bounding box to only large enough to contain the text. I do this often as I like text areas to be snapped to the smallest height of the content but retain the width I want. With a paragraph spacing set on a text area converting to point text distributes the lines of text in the same size frame instead of leaving the text and changing the frame.

Steps to reproduce:
    -create a text area with more than one paragraph in it
    -add paragraph spacing …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Buttons display wrongly and unable to save changes after being idle for a while

1. Adobe Xd 21.0.12.11 (Starter)

2. Open a Xd file, do some editions. Open another program or do whatever else to blur Adobe Xd window. After being idle for a while, go back to Adobe Xd.

3. Work normally.

4. Buttons display wrongly (some buttons icons replaced each other) and unable to save changes. I can't close Adobe Xd, either. I had to force the close through Windows Task Manager.

5. Attached image shows some buttons with errors and the '*' next to the document name indicating changes were not saved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Paste, Undo, and Save

After extended use of XD 30+ minutes, copy paste, undo (ctrl+z and manual), and File rename stop functioning.

This requires XD restart to regain these functions.

2 other teammates are reporting the same issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Issue with dual monitor

While working on dual Monitor setup for sometime, XD suddenly stops recognizing Keyboard press. So when I want to pan and I hold space and click & move the mouse it will select instead of Panning. I have to open and close XD to reset the behaviour.

This happens irrespective of whether I am using the first monitor or not

XD Version : 19.2.22.3

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Incorrect License

Even though I have the correct license XD keeps telling me that I cannot generate a prototype and that I need to upgrade. Support fixed it once by connecting to my computer to edit some files, but it broke after an update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can't use Hand tool with Wacom (pan)

Pressing the Space Bar while using Wacom doesn't shift to the Hand tool so I may pan the document as in using the mouse (on all of adobe software).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Newly installed font not showing.

Adobe XD - Version: 20.2.12.1 (Starter), Creative Cloud Sync 4.2.7.2

I installed the Eczar-Regular.ttf google font. It shows up in Affinity Designer and WordPad, but it's not showing up in Adobe XD, even after restarting the program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Losing information already saved

I really do not understand why some things happen with Adobe XD. this is the second time I've saved a project, and when I go to open it, it simply opens an older file, which I already had a balance before. I simply missed a day's work because XD resolved to unload information already saved in the project.

My version is on 19.2.22.3, and I attuned it to just over 1 hourr

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. XD fail to sync cloud document after launch and crash app

Windows 10
    Version : 17th june + bugfixs

Sync files from asset.adobe.com at launch fail and kill adobe XD app 😖

Also when I open local file after few secondes (asking save before closing app).

Bonus : I can't Download file from website so I can't access my file anymore! 😓

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It will not allow me to type

I am creating a website I’m wireframeing. I created a rectangle box and I am trying to type inside of the rectangle and it won’t let me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base