Request details

Bitmap Editing: basic image filters (hue, saturation, brightness/levels)

the ability to apply image filters and treatments such as "hue, saturation, levels, etc".

96 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Todd Padwick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LauGau.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most Urgent IMO is the Saturation & Color filter... That was really cool in Sketch.

• Steve Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use photoshop to edit images I use in XD, can we be able to edit images right in XD without living the app. No need for huge features, just a curve, level bar etc.

• J Smilanic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The software could use more bitmap options. I would be way more likely to use this if it had some basic bitmap options. Cropping option accessible from toolbar, HSL, brightness/contrast, select (marching ants)/feather tools.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have the ability to turn images black and white in XD.

A design I am working on have images black and white on load and then when you hover, they switch to the original, full color version.

• Tess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really needed black & white regime for images as well as for the whole screen to see accessibility for color blinded people. Would be nice to have it inside one application.

• Sebton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. For reference Apple Keynote on Mac has some great and easy features for interacting with photos (and images) within shapes. A double or triple click selects the shape or the photo. The photo can then be dragged around, scaled, rotated etc. Keynote also allows for editing exposure, tint, contrast etc.

• andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As name implies now it isnt possible(atleast I dont know) to paste PNG. icon files copied from sources as "web" directly into XD app without first saving it to your pc and then importing it again.

Also I would like to see "color adjust" option with (brightness,contrast,hue and saturation)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like this is covered under some of the cropping posts – but it is not. This feature is the ONLY feature that is keeping our studio from moving to XD as a permanent web design solution. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

• Daniel Nolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you bring a photo into a shape (eg. a square or circle) to be able to increase/ decrease size. Minimal photo manipulation (to bring into a small editing window with minimum photo enhancing tools, brightness, filters, crop etc).

• Kerry Du Pont commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential feature (the ability to alter brightness, contrast, saturation etc on an image within the artboard).

However I do wonder how it applies to the original image, or whether it is integrate in parallel with an 'export asset' feature so you can save the newly-filtered image. Would we want XD to overwrite the original image with the new filtered output? Or should it save it as a copy with changes, so we have a version to build with and the original version to prototype with?

• Gideon Nieuwoudt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basic Bitmap or Jpeg editing like in Fireworks would be great(Hue, Saturation and Brightness, Magic Wand Tool). The great thing about Fireworks was that you didn't have to open any other design tool to finish your design.

Being able to fade an image from 100% on the one side to 0% transparency on the other side will be a great feature.

Otherwise loving Xd so far;)

• EmanueleSabetta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I drop an image in a shape or a rectangle, I can only change the transparecny from the appearance menu. But most of the times we need to darken or to increase the brightness of an image to use it as background for texts, to avoid that the parts too dark or too bright of the image make the text hard or impossible to read. For black coloured text we usually need to increase image brightness, while for white coloured text we need to decrease it. A slider is needed just below the transparency one, that act on the image brightness (in a non destructive way).

Feedback and Knowledge Base