Request details

HeatMaps / Analytics (User Testing results) recorded from shared prototype online

It would be great to generate Heat Maps & Analytics of what users are trying to click on...completion rates, etc.

Maybe a "click counter" or "timer" to see how long it takes for users to accomplish a goal.

Maybe put this info under the "Manage Links" section.

315 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Timer!!! Need a timer to figure out if my prototype is causing longer or shorter journey. TIME = MONEY!

• Kevin Stenerud Bodi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love some feature like optimal workshop's click heatmaps directly from low fidelity mockups https://www.optimalworkshop.com/chalkmark#toolResults and HotJars different heatmaps for things like scrolling and not to miss their cursor movement recording https://www.hotjar.com/tour#recordings-anchor

I think it is important that XD teaches designers that user testing and acquisition of usability data is essential. Adobe would also go a long way in getting a even more competitive and solid product by adding such. Maybe a mode for Analytics could be a third mode after Design and Prototype.

• Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow us to see how many people have:

- Visited our link
        - Total Time spent
        - Their location

This would be really helpful when we submit prototypes to larger clients with multiple offices to see if it is being passed around or left in an email inbox to gather dust.

Alternatively, let us embed it into our own site so that we can track.

• Rob Earle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Prototype link should be able to go into "testing" mode, allow for screen recording and click heatmaps.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this feature!! Confetti graphs are things that i currently find useful

• Yung Yung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Adobe is concerned about bandwidth and browser restrictions/capabilities (memory management etc), can the recorded data be saved internally via xd mobile app? it's ok if users have to download a preview file first (like .xdp (xd-preview) for xample)?

• Haresh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely needed for user testing. I dont want to use third party software for this.

• Akshay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one that I would find EXTREMELY useful! For instance, integration with Hotjar or similar services!

• Facu Puig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just ask this question to Talin Wadsworth and Michael Caize in the Adobe Max and they told me to write it here, I don't want to open another request but instead push this one up.

• Facu Puig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more, Adobe Xd really need this for be that all in one that everybody loves.

• NATHANAEL ROUILLARD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, having better and easier to use data tools like this are much more important to me as a UX researcher and designer than having yet another visual /interaction design tool, especially when there are already so many excellent ones available.

• Thomas Hallgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a designer and project manager, I would like to set and see analytics on how users are using a clickthrough.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base