Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. What I ask is very simple: add an horizontal scroll bar to the layers panel, so I can scroll it without the need to resize and making my prototype working area even smaller than it already is. This is a very common aproach to IDEs on the folders panel, despite allowing resizing, they always have an horizontal scroll bar to help navigation on deep levels or small monitors.

This feature would be very appreciated for people with deep components hierarchy levels or smaller monitors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. create a keyboard shortcut for 'add state' please. or better, a suite of keyboard shortcuts affiliated with adding all the different type of states to a component.

When working through a suite of icons, for example, this is a very tedious process to have to manually repeat 2 states per icon using the mouse to hover over and click every time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When Working At the same time in a Document, be able to see the Change Log of each user to what changes were made.

Sometimes when multiple users work on the same file, it would be amazing to see what each user has changed in the document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There used to be a way where I could see a total number of artboards that I've created, but since the latest update (or two) I can no longer find out how many artboards are in my flow. I have over 250 and I'd prefer not to have to count them all. Has it been moved somewhere else perhaps? It was very useful. Cheers. Great product by the way. Amazing, really. It's a joy to use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Like the 'diamond' symbol you have for components, please add a symbol identifying characters that use a style from the library.
    Also, how do we unlink a text from a library-style?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket.

I’ll keep this open for identifying the character style in the design. As for your question, you can change the text formatting in the property inspector to the right and automatically unlink it from the character style in your assets panel.

6. In prototype mode, I click through artboards to inspect the inbound and outbound connections. If I set a transition from a component's child state, the only way to see that connection is to activate the state. I would be extremely helpful (esp in large prototypes) if there were some indication of the child state link from the default state.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I work with clients and design partners from different companies and I use the collaboration tools extensively. I even had to call support to fix my device because the XD files were over 1GB and were crashing the software.

Currently, I'm reaching the limit of the artboard size and want to share the library to new XD files in order to continue to contribute and grow the brand library of assets (as this is considerably smaller than the whole XD file).

So, I would like to have the possibility to set a shared library in a new XD file as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your clarification! As you’ve noticed, XD currently has a 1:1 relationship between a source document and its linked library, so this is currently as designed. I’ve updated the title so that it better reflects what you’re asking for and will leave it open for others to upvote!

8. We have so many shared links that gets lost in a sea of chaos. Sometimes we are asked to edit links that we cant find the source file name for.

REQUEST

Add the source XD filename to all shared links so it's easy to find when asked to edit when the share link is all we have as a reference.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Designing for web means mocking up, at minimum, for desktop and mobile. I have to create separate heading styles for both device sizes. Would be so so nice if I could define font sizes based on device widths for each heading style and swap them all at once, rather than tediously going through the mockups and updating each text box one-by-one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I am trying to create multiple flows within an artboard and can't find how artboards that should not be included in the flow are being included. I think this is caused by having shared components between artboards which makes the flow consider a screen with the same component part of it.

Request is to be able to remove artboards from a flow regardless of if a path or component links it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. This would solve a problem I'm currently having with Adobe XD. I'm unable to create a transition that would preserve the scroll position within a scroll group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. This is mainly for designers that also know how to code, who works with or is trying to build a design system based on modern frontend frameworks such as material design, vue+quasar, etc. Or for designers who follows design systems that already have documentations that they can refer to.

The idea is to give the designers ability to add description to a component, and to be able to add links so that the devs can know exactly which component from the documentation the design is based from, or at least which component will help achieve the best results.

Attached here…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When opening a file previously shared with me, I wish there was a way to search or filter by a teammate's name.

Today I wanted to open an older file that I know John S. shared with me but I cannot recall the file name or when it was shared. If I had the option to filter by people who have shared with me, this would help track down the file and save
    much time on searching.

Current workaround is to search through email notifications.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. Clients often leave feedback in a comment referring to other comments with their number (eg. ".. see comments n.5.."). The issue is that as I modify the design based on their feedback I resolve each comment, and when they loose their original number because they shift as I resolve them, I can't resolve some comments because I don't know which comment they refer to. I think it would be a great improvement not to shift numbers of comments as they are resolved to keep reference number consistent throughout design versions and comment references.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to change individual item colors in repeated groups, in the same way you can change text. Perhaps with a similar system of dropping a text file of hex values to change them.

Alternatively, the ability to have component states be different within repeated groups would be helpful.

For example, I have a health meter in a table, shows a heart in red, yellow, or green. I can have each as a component state and in a repeated grid, select the individual items I want to change for variation WITHOUT having to ungroup. I'm forced to ungroup all the time,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Since you're obviously to busy to give us a proper dark mode. Let us do it for you! I am more than willing to sink the hours nessary for this.

I have long thought that creative apps like these should enable user customizable themes like code editors do (i.e. VSCode aka Visual Studio Code from Microsoft)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  18. When working with linked components, there are often times when individual components will 'mysteriously' not allow operations like delete, make local, etc.
    This is usually because the selected component is a sub-component another compound components.
    The process of finding out which other components in the library depend on the selected components is difficult even for the designer who created the components. It's nearly impossible for collaborators.

If a function like "Show Dependencies" were added to the right-click context menu of components that fall into this category, it would be much easier to manage.

I envision this feature as filtering the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Being able to fix the width, when stack is active, then on adding / removing items the padding should be distributed evenly between the element.

Will let us recreate the same logic as the "display: flex, justify-content: space-between", useful for app development like navbar that always have the same width.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow for audio playback to be enabled for timed transitions as these can only be inputted for tap interactions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)