Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. DESCRIPTION

When selecting text it's not possible to scroll through the assets panel in order to select text styles and/or colors. The user is forced to de-select the text, scroll to the desired asset, re-select the text, and then finally apply the style or color.

1. VALUE

It would save about 10 million clicks a year. And me a nervous breakdown :-)

1. SCREEN CAPTURE ATTACHED
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1. Drag and drop elects from the artboard to the components panel would be nice and quick.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2. Is XD going to have capability with MacOS 10.15 Catalina’s new SideCar feature? Apple announced that Select apps such as Illustrator would have support, but I’m not sure if XD will have support.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. More options for the units in the CSS snippets, both for text and other objects. For example em, %, vw and other CCS units used for responsive web design.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'm regularly sending review links to non-designers/older clients and I don't want to confuse them.

I'd like to have the option to set "All Screen Comments" off by default.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Our team is in the process of moving a significant portion of our website/web app design & production pipeline from Photoshop to XD.

Currently, one of our biggest snags involves having to re-import Smart Objects because they lose their appearance in XD. When we have created several Smart Objects in Photoshop, all the effects within that Smart Object disappear when imported to XD:

• Feathered vectors lose their feathered edges
    • Blending modes are ignored
    • Raster masks are ignored

I understand that it might be a relatively long while before individual Smart Objects can update dynamically from the CC Library (I'm putting…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Eyedropper for fonts, colors, styles etc etc etc etc etc

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Two things:
    1) A shortcut keystroke to enter the fields. InDesign has this already. I think AI does too.
    2) For math operations, it would be nice if I didn't have to get the cursor to blink at the right edge before typing my operation (* 2, /3, etc.). Why not just have the field recognize the operation? If someone enter +, -, /, or * just perform that function.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! These are actually two different feature requests, so it would be great if you could file the second one again (math operations). I’ll focus this request for the shortcut to enter the width/height.

8. Powered by machine learning, Eyetato predicts where your users are going to look on your app. Based on thousands of real eye tracking tests. Meant to provide you with deeper user insight. It’s already supported by adobe design fund.

https://www.prototypr.io/toolbox/eyeato/

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  9. a plugin to use webcam for tracking eye motions of the user [when using an XD interactive prototype]

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need an ability to rearrange artboards on the left section - where the list of all artboards are shown. This will enable me to export my artboards to pdf and also to zeplin in a sequential manner.

Because i like to drag and copy artboards the artboards are all mixed up on the artboards list section. It would help if there is a button to quickly rearrange the artboards alphabetically.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I work with developers, and we found a little problem during the export of assets for android : The folder where are exported the assets are named "drawable-hdpi" … or now, I don't know exactly from when, the folder to make an app is called "mipmap-hdi" …

It depends on actually of some projects (sometimes you can still use drawable and sometimes not), but it will be a good idea to add a function to choose the name of folders :)

Can you fix it for another update? Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. There should exist a "refresh file" button to reload the local file instead of re-opening the application.

2. I needed this feature to reduce the burden of reopening application whenever I made a change to the file in the dropbox sync from another PC.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello,

It would be great to have a list containing all the XD URLs created by my own account.

The reasons why:
    - as it stands now, anytime I'm searching for a URL, I have to open again the XD file, even if I'm just searching for the URL and I'm not going to work on XD.
    - sometimes we share more than a URL with a client. By having a list, we would have under control the amount of URLs created for every client.
    - since the only way to get the URL is open the app, my colleagues…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In full screen mode, online prototypes don't:

• show a scrollbar to go over the project, which would have been ok if Adobe Xd had allowed scrolling by clicking and dragging the artboard;

• ocupy the whole space on the sides of the viewport.

Take a look at the next prototype made in Figma. It would be cool if Adobe Xd could take care of those aspects as good as Figma does.

https://www.figma.com/proto/PUL9fdaHF15x7Twq8txI85GV/UX-Paraguay-%7C-Proyecto-Web?node-id=186%3A187&scaling=min-zoom&redirected=1

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The Prototype Panel moves the interaction from the element to a panel. This results in little breaks in the prototyping design flow. The previous version was much easier to use because the element initiating the action and the action settings weren't separated. Keeping the interaction settings above the wire helped to keep the connection in the designers mind. Personally I find it much more difficult to think through changes when I have to look from the element being clicked to the panel where the actions are located. Further more, the 'Scrolling' setting which controls sticky elements feels disconnected and isolated…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Say we have Artboards A, B, and C respectively whereby;
    - Artboard A has a TAP TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard B; and
    - Artboard B has a TIMED TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard C

Feature Request:
    - If Artboard C has a TAP TRIGGER that invokes PREVIOUS ARTBOARD action, it should go back to Artboard A and not to Artboard B.

Similarly:
    We may have Artboards A, B1, B2, ...B(n), and C respectively whereby;
    - Artboard A has a TAP TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard B; and
    - Artboard B through to Artboard B(n) has a TIMED TRIGGER which…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Whenever i want to swap fonts or to try a different one is very painful. there are several issues/bad ux with it.

First, if i just scroll down i dont see which font i am currently using. current font should stick and always be visible as a reference

Second, if i type a search for a font, only the first result shows. if i dont type the exact font name (which not always are easy to remember). if i want to choose, say the second option, i don't have a way to do it by search. i'd have to scroll…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like to see placed artwork include a field in the UI where we can see it's current scale, with respect to it's original size.

Right now if I place a piece of artwork, and scale it to fit an artboard, the original dimensions of the art aren't surfaced anywhere in the UI.

If I later then add another piece of artwork that needs to match this scaling, but isn't necessarily the exact same pixel dimensions (e.g., different bar graphs built on the same grid) I have no way to know the scaling percentage I should apply to make the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Presently when I zoom 100% (Ctrl+1) artboards go out of the viewport which doesnt make any sense. It would be much more convenient to keep currently selected artboard centered or simply show the top leftmost artboard when no artboard is selected.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)