Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. In design specs, there is a CSS section with a lot of great information. However, for some users, it is relevant and potentially harmful. It'd be great to be able to turn that section off so that it isn't displayed.

Some examples
    Some of our products are desktop products, built in C# and XAML. CSS is not relevant for our tech stack.

The CSS shows absolute, hardcoded values for position, size, color, etc. This is the opposite of what we want to communicate to development. They should be using relative values or referenced resources from our design system for those…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please return the ability to nudge components with the arrow key *while viewing the pixel distance indicator simultaneously during movement.

After the October 2019 update, users can no longer press alt+arrow key to nudge AND view the pink pixel distance indicator at the same time. The distance indicator only appears when tapping alt but not arrow (only on a static component).

In the past, after I selected a component, then hovered my cursor over a different nearby component, I could hold alt to see the distance indicator between the 2. As I nudged the selected component with the arrow keys,…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add an option to toggle between states instead of choosing a specific state to go to.
    In some cases like a gallery, carousel, counters etc, the interaction is linear and a a single next/previous interaction can apply to all states.
    It will save a lot of time and errors to define a single interaction and apply to all states.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The Assets Panel gets to be very long. It would be quicker to navigate if the Colors, Character Styles and Components were separate panels.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Description When viewing a prototype, a user can scroll between views using the left and right keyboard arrow keys but cannot scroll up or down on the current prototype with the keyboard. Some viewers have been unable to scroll with their mouse. Without a visible scrollbar they have been left only seeing what's above the fold line.

On Mac I've discovered that pressing fn+arrow up/down will sort of page you down, but it's not smooth and not intuitive. Simply using arrow keys as you would using a browser (or something close) would be ideal.

1. Why is this valuable to you?…
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If I export to zeplin XD exports ALL artboards. But I just like to export few selected artboards (and not my alternative designs). Please implement an option to select: ALL | Just selected artboards to export to zeplin.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I have a component I would like to be able to add a shadow to the component. Currently there is only fill and border available.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I cannot select multiple items within a group by CMD clicking the items on my design. I have to do that on the item side panel which is a pain because when having a lot of items of a sort you have no idea which item is which on the design.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently if I have several ideas for the same Artboard, I have to copy and paste the artboard, usually I put all of them on top of each other, making a vertical line of versions to choose, what makes my whole screen full of garbage and unused Artboards.

I would like to suggest a Context Menu Option of the Artboard, where we can enter a "Multiple Version Mode", where the screen will only show all the versions of this particular artboard. Creating a new Artboard in this mode, will be considered as another version. We can create as many Artboards…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The ability to add minus values in the paragraph spacing box to decrease paragraph spacing from default.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to use a PC keyboard trigger in device preview using iPad. It's to create a prototype that uses touch and hard switch operation, like Nintendo's Switch.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a button or some way to allow the commenter or Owner to mark comments as "Important". This would visually change the comment itself as well as the pin, if it's pinned. The button or status could also be clicked again/removed to allow the comment to go back to normal status and not Important.

Attached is a quick example of what could be done, to allow the eyes to quickly see what's been marked priority over other comments.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please, can you make the keyboard shortcut to switch between the asset panel and layers the same?

My brain absolutely cannot get used to 'Shift' 'Command' + 'Y' to go to assets then 'Command' +'Y'. I end up turning off the panel and then turning it back on every time before doing the correct shortcut 🤪

Make it just be 'Command' + 'Y' to toggle assets and layers!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When working on a project with a whole lot of Artboards, its nice to have an option to Add a Prefix to the Artboard Name when Exporting.

This will reduce the Name of the Artboard while working, this you you don't see repetitions in the Sidebar too. You will also be able to fit more of the title, when you are linking in Prototype mode.

Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi,

I have been using Adobe XD almost one and half year on product development, so I have seen lots of reference & Materials Guides which are only supporting Sketch & Figma, But i couldn't find for XD. I thought its still developing

And I Congralute the Adobe XD team for Bug fixing and Release Update

Now my idea is to create design system which need to generate design system based on color, fonts, buttons, etc which need to links with option while creating design

Just a idea of Placement: is to place like two option Design, Prototype (replaced Invision…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The Color Picker now shows a second line to indicate which colors meet the AAA contrast ratio recommendation.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to suggest adding a couple of functions to speed up the file editing process.
    1 - I need to swap two gradient colors. Now I have to do it manually. I would like to have a "swap" button so that this is done automatically.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I think it would be a good idea to have a way for a client to sign off as a final approval of prototypes after they have made there comments and the designer has addressed and resolved the issues. A step further on this would be to be able to directly highlight certain sections of the workflow for a client to review if there were any afterthought changes that require a new sign off.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Some way to know the original resolution of a bitmap image after it has been imported and/or resized, so you can make an educated decision when creating assets.

It’s impossible to know the resolution if you have been handed a file from someone else on your team

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be wonderful if we could open projects not only from our own CC but from anywhere on our phone - in case someone sends us an xd file via email for instance or if we download one and wish to open it from a file manger.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)