Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto leading for text

Please add auto leading for text. It would be great being able to set up the auto leading for the document like in Illustrator or Indesign (Auto leading: 120 %)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Function to link multiple XD files so that multiple products can link

I want a function that allows multiple XD files to work together. This is a viewpoint for a "system" in which multiple products operate in conjunction.
    Necessary for designing the linkage between a smartphone and a watch.
    This perspective should become very important in a few years.

It is not that multiple users operate XD at the same time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Baseline shift for individual character

I sometimes need to adjust the position of the trademark or register trademark icons in my screens, after changing the size, but I cannot because there is no baseline shift.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cannot import XD SVG into Illustrator

イラストレーター(ai)形式の書き出し機能が欲しい。
    書き出したSVGをイラレに持っていくとデータがかなり抜け落ちてしまう。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I believe the new version of Illustrator released in November had some changes to address this issue. Could you please try again and let us know if this issue is fixed?

Thanks,

-Elaine

11月にリリースされたIllustratorの新しいバージョンでは、この問題に対処するためにいくつかの変更が加えられたと思います。 この問題が修正された場合はもう一度お試しください。

6. Update Component Preview in Assets Panel when Master Component is edited

Currently, after creating a component, there is a preview image of that component in the assets panel. But if you make a change to that master component (for example, changing a green object to red) the preview in the assets panel does not update. So even though I now want this component to be a red object, it becomes very hard to find it in the assets panel, at a glance because it is still green in the preview image.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support RSS Library

As many designers will compare AdobeXD features with Sketch, and many Sketch Library use RSS feed to keep update their own librairies with users. I think it's a mandatory for BIG adoption by designers and companies to support RSS feeds like Sketch do.

Take a look :

As well as hosting your Libraries on Sketch Cloud, you can also host your Library file on any online server, publish an RSS that points to it, and have Sketch subscribe to the RSS to get updates when the Library is updated. To do that, just use a link in this form: sketch://add-library?url=URLEncodedPathToRSS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Master Component

Creating master component (Not a normal way we do now) If I can copy and paste a Master component and create the copy version the master component...

or relocating master component to a new file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you explain a little more how you would imagine this working? It seems like you could move a master component into another document if you copied/pasted/converted to component, then shared the new document’s assets panel into your original document and then swap the symbol.

9. I want the seperate prototype links back

I thinks its very annoying that you now force us to present the design specs and prototype in the same share cause now it's impossible to iterate these two documents separately. Most of the times my design specs and my prototypes are different iterations and must be shared separately. Often we iterate different prototypes and we send design specs for just sections of the design, the section that has been accepted for release. With the new setup it's impossible to continuous this strategy and it messes things up. Please give us back the opportunity to share ONE thing at the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. swapping a nested component should change name in layers

When I have a component like a card with a button in it (button is a nested component) and I drag a different button in to swap it out, the card component should update the original button name with the new name in the layers panel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. save for web feature like photoshop for exporting assets

When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Define fonts family for a project or for an artboard

It would be great to define font families that will be used in a project by adding them to the artboard property panel.
    This would help to
    - limit numbers of font used in a webdesign
    - change the font of a whole project
    - maintain character styles easyly
    - avoid to miss some font replacement

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Turn off the setting to navigate the art board with the left and right keys

I want to turn off the setting to navigate the art board with the left and right keys when previewing.

Generate problems during usability testing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. reveal color in assets panel available when assets panel is not open

I would like to be able to reveal the color in the assets panel, even if the assets panel is not open. If I have the layers panel open the option is currently not in the context menu. It would be great if it was an option regardless of what panel is open and if clicked it would automatically open the appropriate assets
    panel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Wacom Tablet Support for Prototype Link Navigation Scroll

Wacom Tablet scroll support needed for live prototypes. Our team use XD and love the application, we use Wacom tablets for all of our design work and have to dig out and dust off the old Mouse when viewing prototypes - which is a bit of a pain and I am sure we are not the only design studio to share this pain!!

Support for tablet scrolling would be very beneficial.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work

Regards

Michael

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support fractional values in the grid layout

we are working on 1200px width: 12 columns, 30px margin and 72.5 column width but cant work with xd cause of decimal value problem. It is not prossible to enter 72.5 at column width.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

While I understand the need for precision, creating grids that snap off-pixel actually makes designing for screens less accurate, as it often forces elements to anti-alias, leading to less crisp artwork when you output. Are you absolutely sure you need columns that are off-pixel? If so, can you explain why?

18. Improve search results to locate found item/artboard on pasteboard

If I'm using the find/search feature to find an artboard, or to find some text on an artboard, it would be great if the search results allowed me to go straight to that found item and also to locate the artboard on the pasteboard. It's a partcilar issue when I have files with a large number of artboards.

Currently, I get the search results, and whilst I can click and edit the properties of found items in the results, locating the item or even the artboard on which it is contained can be tricky. Some sort of 'Go to' context…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Time real on preview

See live on the mobile app, the changes made on the desktop application. NEVER reload the page again!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Design Quality

I think the design quality in PS is more crisp in compare to XD can you do something for it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base