Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. warning window before create a new link

Hi,

I love XD but I do have one comment when updating the button to create a new link is right next to it, and it's been many times that I click the create a new link by mistake and then I need to resend the last link and or add all the emails to the invite list. Should be good if there is a warning window that you need to double check before create a new link

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Measure overlap between objects

Currently we can only measure the distance between the two objects that either don't overlap or are entirely separate. It would be nice to between the top edge of two object that overlap (for example, between object B side E and object A side A, labeled as measurement 1). I would like to be able to select the edge of the object I want to measure from and see the measurement to the selected edge of another object.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Widen Scroll Bar on Layers Window.

The scroll bar for the layers window is narrow and takes precise mouse work to select it on a laptop or high resolution screen. Double the thickness so it is easy to select and drag. Great app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Fixed Position to right click/context menu

The fixed position option is fantastic but could benefit from being easier to access. Adding the fixed position option to the context menu or just adding a a keyboard shortcut would greatly benefit many designers' workflows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Preview Window Behind Context Windows

If context windows (color pickers, preview, publish, etc.) appeared in front of the preview window, but everything else remained the same (i.e. the preview window is still always in front of the canvas) I think the annoyance of having info unexpectedly hidden by the preview window would be avoided.

This applies to both Design & Prototype mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Touchpad slide optimization

触摸板滑动优化

在支持多点触控的电脑上,使用双指在触控板上进行滑动时会出现bug,导致控件乱选择和位移,希望优化对双指滑动的支持——当使用双指在触摸板上滑动时,自由滚动画布

On computers that support multi-touch, there will be bugs when using two fingers to slide on the touchpad, causing the controls to be randomly selected and shifted, hoping to optimize the support for two-finger sliding - when using two fingers on the touchpad Free scrolling canvas when sliding

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Shutterstock plugin for stock photos

We need the Shutterstock plugin like Photoshop and Illustrator's one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Which basis you have define the artboard sizes in Adobe XD?

Which basis you have define the Artboard sizes in Adobe XD?

If did you know which is the most usable mobile screen sizes / availability in market, please confirm.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Upload .xd-file when publishing link

Upload the .xd-file as well as exporting pngs when publishing the link for the prototype or the design specs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow the option to default the selection tool to direct select

It would be great if we had an option of whatever we want to select group or specific layer via select tool default options. I guess it's much more frequently used to pick just one element instead of picking whole group.

So for me, for example, it would be much easier if by default it would be to just pick one emelement by click, rather then to press CMD all the time i want to change something inside of group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support Bezier point data on export of SVG

I have issue with SVG generated by XD for usage in Icon Font generator. I use this one: https://www.npmjs.com/package/gulp-iconfont

There is online generator:
    http://nfroidure.github.io/svgiconfont/

I attach one example file generate by XD: heart-xd.svg
    Result: https://cl.ly/272g0m1g202H/Image%202018-06-11%20at%208.16.09%20odp..png

And one re-saved by Illustrator: heart-illustator.svg
    Result: https://cl.ly/28382e3k2v0C/Image%202018-06-11%20at%208.16.56%20odp..png

Because if I open the svg in illustrator and re-save it, it'll work fine. I am suspecting the svg syntax in XD doesn't work properly.

I got information that XD SVG does not export bezier point data so scenario you’re describing is expected with how the feature is currently designed.

Maybe connected to this request:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/31672270-better-svg-export

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unnatural scrolling on iPad

When scrolling through artboards it happens very unnaturally. As soon as my finger moves 1cm it swipes to the next artboard.

A more natural behavior is that the artboard swipes "with my finger".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Reference points to the vertical and horizontal centers when editing a path

When I'm distorting a shape (say a rectangle) into another shape (say a trapezoid), I'd like to know see reference guide to the vertical and horizontal centers, so I know how far to move the distortion points.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pan with ctrl+scrolling the mouse wheel

It would be nice if you could pan the same way as with other Adobe products using ctrl+scrolling the mouse wheel. I find myself zooming in when trying to pan.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A Way to Block Some Users from From Commenting

I had some issues with an employee who was commenting a storm of uneducated comments on some of my published prototypes.

The prototypes I post are mainly for handing off specs to developers and to discuss aspects of the UI with them. Other people outside this workflow are able and welcome to look at the prototypes. However, it is our expectation that people outside the Design-Dev relationship should refrain from making comments. If they do make a comment, they . should only make comments that pertain to their profession and not to propose design changes since they are not designers…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove the padding around artboards on file open

Currently when you open a XD document , it opens very much zoomed out.

It could be nice that when you open a document, all artboards fit to the screen.

It would only save a few seconds but using the software on a daily basis and these seconds add up eventually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Import based on HEX value

Shortcut for color picker and import of hex directly to color library.

First off, great tool you have created so far. Secondly I wanted to propose to have shortcuts for the color picker. I find the new version pretty great already, but what I am really missing is a shortcut, similar to that of photoshop, illustrator, indesign, …
    My guess is that since you have 3 distinct colors to choose (fill, outline and gradient) this poses a problem. I was wondering, if you still can’t make a version, like that of PS. Press "i" to choose the tool (should be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add PDF margins on export

I work for a large ad agency. Currently we design in InDesign and export a PDF with margins to route through the agency and to and from our large, lucrative client. The margins are essential because we annotate the files. The PDF goes from department to department where stakeholders comment. The PDF is created by the art dept and lands back there and comments are addressed after it makes it's rounds.

We would need to be able to create margins on our PDF exports to hold the anotations in order to even consider using XD. I think that one tweak…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Organize images used in the project

Right now I can't control the images used in my project.. For an example.. I'm building a website and put a image in the background. I needed to change it and I accidentally dragged an image in TIFF format with 85mb. After that I replace that image with the correct one. Now my project has doubled in size and I can not "delete" it from the project... It seems to be still there in the .XD file...

I do not know if this is a cache problem or something like that ..

But I believe that software should have a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Google Glass UI Kit

Any UI Kit for Google Glass Enterprise?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)