Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Control prototypes with Arduino devices

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Convert an Adobe XD file into an OAM file or export as OAM file, example Adobe Edge Animate (OAM)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We still use Reflow for typography and letting us see how it looks across the various breakpoints.

One of the great things about Edge Reflow is the ability to set independent margins across various breakpoints.

In XD on resizing an artboard, the grid margins remain the same when ideally they should dynamically resize.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The idea would be to make a website so people can see the plugin's functionality in detail and images/video for plugin in adobe xd. The idea would be similar to the slack apps site, github, electron, etc.

I believe this would greatly help the use of plugins, even to fully understand the functionality of the plugin and download only those that you will use.

I mention this because of the experience I have in using these other services and their plugins / apps, regarding the use of plugins with adobe xd, which does not detail both their plugins.

I think…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. This would be useful for e.g. resizing button instance widths, but maintaining the link to the master component button height. See image for an explanation.

(And yeah, I know I can rig up something like this myself by going into the master component, putting an invisible rectangle behind the green button's rectangle, and then adjusting the height or width of the entire master component group or of the green button itself, but that's a pain. It would be nice to have this work on individual objects too, instead of just groups.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  6. Assets can already be downloaded from design specs, as per:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/design-specs-for-developers.html#Extractassetsfordesignspecs
    ...but progressive JPG is not a supported format for bitmaps. Can we get this feature?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 278/5000
    It would be nice if the tool panels were draggable. It's easier to move to an XD from Photoshop if you can have layers or objects panel on the right side. 15 years of getting used to UI from other Adobe products is a big deal. This is also important for left-handers.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. If PNG is imported and over ca. 5000px of height it's not in highres anymore (in webview) but gets blurred by adobe XD: not showable, not usable and adobe seems to be not interested in that problem or would not fix it at all (perhaps even this is not a bug and just a way to keep other design-exports from sketch & co. out of XD?)

for now the only way to keep using the prototyping web-view is to slice our pngs in smaller peives and play puzzle in xd... WOOOW!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please make the new screens and updated screens appear in the top of the (shared link) grid. Please make it default behavior or let us choose this behavior.

The recently introduced grid view in shared links is nice but there is a problem. People I work with are not able to find the updated screens. Before I used to place new and updated screens in the top of the XD document so they could be easily found. Now as they can't see the "document view" anymore, they've lost all the visual cues and they are forced to do a time-consuming…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. There is no scroll bar visible in the page for the prototype when I look at a design spec in the web browser. I have a decent mouse but scrolling all the way to the bottom requires a lot of work for no apparent reason.

A visual scrollbar of the type that is in every other webapp and webpage that I have ever used would make the specs a lot easier to work with.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I have found that Figma gives users the ability to create a grid inside a shape. Say for example I am creating a dialog and putting content in it that I want to be aligned in two columns, I would have to do this manually with shapes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sometime you need a little shake effect for error or other things without moving the position of the elements

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export the created assets in XD into the "Components" and "Text Styles" sections in Zeplin

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'm designing icons in Illustrator, add them to a CC Library and would like to use these icons in XD. What's missing is the ability to apply a color fill in XD.

My aim is to use icons from a CC Library and place them within an instance of a XD Component, e.g. a button which I have established in my Design System. That button Component should hold information like color fill and opacity, so that I only have to (re)place the icon shape (coming from CC Library), but the color attributes (defined in the XD Component) shall stay the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When auto-animating to another artboard, currently the order of layers in the layer panel is as it appears in the source artboard, and doesn't update to the order in the destination artboard until the animation is complete. This results in layers being covered by other layers, making it difficult to simulate an element scaling and rising above other elements on the z axis (see attachment).

It would be preferable if the order of layers in the layers panel was first updated to the order in the destination artboard, then the animation begins.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ask the user if s/he wants to clone comments on the old prototype link before publishing a new one.

However, it would be great if the designer can add/review comments from XD desktop application while designing instead of opening the URL each time s/he wants to write/read a comment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. currently export to PDF is can only be sorted by the left-right, top-down arrangement. Often there are usecases to arrange your artboards in an arrangment other than left-right, top-down, and so would need some other arbitrary way to choose the order of artboards to pages in a PDF. The Artboards panel already can be sorted arbitrarily, so would be a natural fit, if a user could export to PDF with an option to use the order it appears in the Artboards list, and this would also mirror the behavior in Illustrator and Fireworks.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Right now I have a bunch of objects grouped together so I can move them all around and resize them responsively. But when I want to measure the distance between something outside that group with something inside that group it only gives me the measurement from the perimeter of the group. It would be nice if measurements ignored groups. I find myself having to move stuff in and out of said group to make measurements.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There is no official indication of the latest version number (cf. PS https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html). Please post this information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. we are working on 1200px width: 12 columns, 30px margin and 72.5 column width but cant work with xd cause of decimal value problem. It is not prossible to enter 72.5 at column width.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While I understand the need for precision, creating grids that snap off-pixel actually makes designing for screens less accurate, as it often forces elements to anti-alias, leading to less crisp artwork when you output. Are you absolutely sure you need columns that are off-pixel? If so, can you explain why?