Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I like to imported linked SVGs into my project. I'd like them to behave the same way as linked images, meaning I can easily update all instances of the SVG.

My use case is we are using a lot of SVG icons in our design projects. When the icon is changed, we would like to be able to quickly update all screens with the new icons. With the way XD currently treats SVGs, I would have to manually update all occurences of the icon OR transform them to a component, which would spam the component library with hundreds of icons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. What if we could add text rows ALSO directly from Xd withous using TXT files? Here is my suggestion to make repeat grid better IMHO.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I found a confusion to quickly identify differences between "Preserve scroll position" and "Fixed position when scrolling" looking alike check boxes, and resulting checking a wrong box and then dealing with prototype "glitches", XD agent support, and overall time waste.

I hope XD Design can do something better to visually identifying distinction between these two features/functionalities in XD user interface, such as adding icons to better visualize "fixed position" and "preserve scroll Y-coordinate"

Case Number: ADB-9008089-L8Z4

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow an option to view the full name of a linked document in the assets panel. Right now, document names are truncated and if two documents are linked with similar titles, there is no way to distinguish which one is the correct (or most current).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Share for Review & Share for Development are so similar in terms of interface and it's so confusing because I end up commenting on the wrong one every time since they look too much the same.

It would be better if for e.g. the Developer's one has a different Background etc...

And please, although there is already a request for it, add the get/send notifications for updates

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A tool that allowed me to make rectanular measurements would be useful. It could behave like the selecting marquee tools in PS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/selecting-marquee-tools.html

This would be valuable because it would quickly give more specs to parts of the mockup that are not always XD elements. For example, if there was part of a mockup that was a screenshot, the XD measurement tools are not as accurate. Also is helpful for finding sizes of invisible containers. This would allow developers to freely grab measurements quickly for anything on the page.

Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When downloading PNG assets from the Design Specs link, we always run them through an optimizer like TinyPNG to reduce size even further. It would be great if the PNGs were already optimized so the team could skip this extra step.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sometimes screenshots of a design are needed, sometimes it makes sence to do these within adevice frame - the preview mode is already providing video recordin. I think it would be an improovement to display the recordings in a device frame as well (if wanted mby the designer), and also making the user able to do screenshots as well, in the preview mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I regularly need to drop an SVG, created with Illustrator, into XD, but it loses the invisible bounding box.
    The same thing for export – there just one way to make an asset with a bounding box, and that’s make an invisible rectangle in the icon, but that results in messy code that needs to be cleaned up later for our developers.

It’s basically this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/20219551-while-importing-svg-s-it-does-not-include-boundin

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. When a shape is drawn, for example a rectangle, there is a chance XD will convert that shape to a path at some point, specifically if grouped with other elements, making scaling and resizing elements problematic. This is especially true if you're using radiused corners on your shape. This appears to be an intended behavior in XD, but it really sucks, and results in a lot of re-work, or wonky-looking shapes.

Rather than automatically making this decision, XD should allow/prompt the user to decide if and when a shape gets converted, similar to how Photoshop rasterizes a vector.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• When selecting image appearance mode - (i.e Normal, Darken, Multiply e.c.t) have the image update when hovering over the menu like in photoshop.

• Rather than having no preview and having to blindly select before viewing how it would look. then undoing over and over

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll leave this open for now (and edit it to reflect the issue with blend modes), but you can cycle through blend modes with Alt+Shift+plus and Alt+Shift+minus while the object is selected. Hope that helps!

11. I would like to be able to choose amount of columns in the asset panel regardless of the width of the asset panel list view. Instead of XD automatically choosing the amount of columns depending on width it would be much easier if I could choose the number of columns I want and have it stay that way.

Because I sometimes have long names of components, I am constantly having to manipulate the size of the asset panel to see the full name in the 1 column view. When I have a wide panel in the layers and then I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to select 1 or more components, preferably on 1 or more art boards though search, and reset the name of the component(s) to the name that it is in the asset library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We work sometimes on different resolution. And one design can be used for a lot of product. As AdobeXD are built with Design System in mind, it could be great to have the ability to modify the scale of an element when we want to export it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If an element is outside of the artboatd, e.g. an image carousel that slides with auto-animate, currently you cannot drop an image file onto it. This needs to be fixed, as currently you need to move the element to inside the artboard to drop the image then move back to the original position, which is very counter productive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice to be able to choose which GPU to use (on a Mac, Intel Iris Pro Graphics or AMD Radeon Pro) in order to save battery life when performance is not necessary.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This is a small cosmetic suggestion. I find myself posting prototypes for review and new ideas come up so I edit and "Update" the shared link. I keep hitting update, but sometimes I feel like I just hit it! lol I know its a silly one but it would be SUPER NICE if it shows you a "last updated 30 sec ago..." or something like that. This way instead of spending time hitting update multiple times I can focus more on design. Hope others agree and we can make this happen. I know this is a small request, but I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The current zoom range for Design Specs goes up to 200%. For small items with intricate details or many parts, a larger max would be very helpful (800, 1600, etc.) for precise selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. After I finish recording an interaction, I would like to have an option to export the video with the device around the video kinda like a container.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello,

It would be great to have a list containing all the XD URLs created by my own account.

The reasons why:
    - as it stands now, anytime I'm searching for a URL, I have to open again the XD file, even if I'm just searching for the URL and I'm not going to work on XD.
    - sometimes we share more than a URL with a client. By having a list, we would have under control the amount of URLs created for every client.
    - since the only way to get the URL is open the app, my colleagues…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)