Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. A checklist for the designer workflow. Something simple that allows you to add and check off tasks while you work.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  2. I'd like to drag and drop assets (color, components, styles) into the library panel with ease.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would love to see Behance Case and Story (for posting on desktop) in the social media presets as I always forget what the sizes are.

This would help me create Behance cases faster which is, in a way, part of the social media elements.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  4. There should be a social media artboard type for Linkedin header and other associated templates

There are already artboards for FB, Twitter, Youtube etc. Similarly need for linkedin

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. this is very important feature, that will make life of many designers and their clients much better

1,803 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be good to see a timestamp next to when design work has shared with a client on XD. I can see that my team has invited the clients but I don't know when this was completed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Admin →
  7. Recently (and I'm ware this is my fault) I unlinked a Cloud (master) doc and lost all my components, with no way to get them back.

I've learnt my lesson but I just clicking an 'x' without warning and something this major happening seems like it should display a warning to the affects of doing so. I thought the links would break but relinking the doc instantly would relink the components - I only (stupidly) did this so the XD would inherit the the Cloud (master) docs assets order. As I have so many it's chaos if they're not in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. I would like to have an effortless peak into past iterations of a design without too much hassle, pick elements and get back to the current state again. Maybe switching through states in a timeline, dive into the state, grab items that I want to recover and get back to the current state again.

This would help me gather items clients liked in past iterations and get them back in the current view.

It would be amazing to have this in a time-machine (Mac OS) or onion fashion or something else really intuitive and maybe even accessible over right-click on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Working with developer on same file with same font (Gotham Pro, OTF format) on macOS and Windows. Showing font is completely wrong on Windows. It make XD useless!
    XD is latest version on booth machines.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please make the share link always free. It's such an awesome feat that could go toe to toe with sketch and figma :(..

But keep the collaboration premium :( Please Adobe Pretty please...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add feathericon set plugin.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  12. With Envato Elements increasingly gaining in popularity I would love to see the elements available on that platform integrated into the Adobe and Adobe XD offering. I currently use and love Envato Elements, so please make this happen :D

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For small projects, it makes sense to add hover to components only, but for larger ones, you want to keep your assets clean with reusable components only.

Now when hover can be added to components only, a number of my "components" has raised significantly. This causes huge performance issues as well as organizational. (workaround is not to add hover, but what would be the point of the feature?)

I guess there is more than one solution to this problem, my suggestion is in the heading - give us the option to add states to groups.

Another thing that could help…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. At the moment text leading is made in the same way as in InDesign, its auto or set in px. As we make prototypes for web, text leading could be set the same way as in CSS: in % or just as value: e.g. 1.5. At the moment in XD if you set text leading. for example 13px, all character styles used in text frame have it set to this value.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We can assign Prototype Approvers.
    Default State for mocks is In Progress
    These approvers then have the ability to Approve a design.
    After the first approver approves a design it is locked. Only when all approvers have approved does the prototype status change to approved.

Any approver can change the state back to in progress if there needs to be a change later. All approvers will need to re-approve each time the status is changes back to in progress.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I do not want people copying my work, so I thought a watermark would be great

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  17. Method: Working with a set of Canvasses I always use the 'off Artboard' area next to the Artboard as a 'holding area' for assets/content.

Problem:
    When I move an Artboard all the content/assets that are related to that Artboard (on canvas) need to be moved separately.

Feature: Regions
    I can create a container called a REGION, similar to an Artboard, to move all objects within the container.

Example:
    I have a Region that contains 2 Artboards and 6 assets on the Canvas next to the Artboards.
    All 8 items move when I drag and drop the Region.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a menu named Assets at Home page, just under Add-ons.

So we can manage assets for global useage.

Assets can be listed as global assets and specific projects assets.

I made a rough design for this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. It would be nice to be able to integrate a link handoff to the mobile tableau app to be able to view fully interactive visualizations.

What this would look like is if someone is viewing the xd app on a mobile device, an icon or text link would prompt the tableau app to open and display a visualization..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We like the new features for components, but it is still limited to taps and hovers. we would like to have keypresses for state changes inside components

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)