Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to annotate parts of the designs for handing off and Pattern library for designs assets, colors,typography

As a UX designer, one of the most important information while handing off designs is ability to explain each component in your design. Functional annotations like ON click of this button slide this page or specify error conditions or text or color changes that occur when the user interacts with that component in your design. It would also be really helpful to have a pattern library that has colors,typography,assets,customized designs that can be used to help design and prototype faster and maintain consistency in the entire experience.

UXPin has a great way of annotating designs. Its a separate tab that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Design Specs: Publish layout grid

Show layout grids on artboards on the design specs pages.

5 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Option to publish all screens even without prototyping

If I started prototyping and publish design specs without the prototype linking all the screens the design spec shows only the screens that are linked in the prototype. The specs link doesn't get updated even if I remove all the links.

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Save symbols to be used across multiple projects

Ability to save symbols so that they could be used on any project would be very useful. As of now, symbols added can only be used on that particular project only.

193 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Baseline Grid

As a typographer and User Interface designer it would be very helpful to have a baseline grid (as in InDesign) for text.
            Possible Workaround =>

Actually there is already a workaround: I set up the square grid as my baseline grid and use the layout grid for the layout.

In Order to be used as a real baseline grid the square grid would need to be blended in together with the layout grid. Both grids should be activated at the same time and it would be nice if one could alter the appearance of the baseline grid to show only…

4 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • More illustration tools and Web Code Export

What I would die to see is the following:
              1) Exporting option for Html & CSS, meaning you have to do some design features first. Have tags for heading as h1 to h5, paragraph as p, backquotes as bq, and classes and id that imho can be represented as layers with a bit more functionality and a few more for styling. Then we can export the code in one go saving a buttload of tine. Also it would render your other apps for code wuite redundant so you could put them on Xd.
              2) More shapes, a triangle and a…

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Auto save is not appropriate solution for anything other than cloud back up. It is not a workflow enabler.

This is a user expectation to not lose work and also not have temporary edits commited without saving them. And besides, it doesn't save everything anyway either! Citing Windows UWP patterns as the fault of the user is disrespectful to the trade of user experience design. If you had tested this with experienced designers you would have discovered this earlier, before you released it to the world and cost us all a bunch of time (and yes money) trying to recreate or uncreate temporary work that UWP may have decided to commit or not. The request is to give us…

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Import Feature need to improve with some feature tab

hello team,
                  while importing assets it should not be directly load into art board . but instead first it load on assets kind of tab at top most bar of XD. when click on that it should toggle our imported assets and we drag them out whichever we want onto the artboard for project. not at once i mean.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Be more like Sketch

Seriously,

How hard is it to just pay for Sketch and try it out. Annotate all the features that are missing in XD and are in Sketch (that's gonna take a while) and then put some people on it and get those features in XD.

You can call it stealing features but you either do that or you'll lose all your customers you decide. Like how hard is it to build a big enough team to get some Sketch features to XD. Imagine that Adobe, you have everything that Sketch has but then you start to add features it doesn't…

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Font Size not changing manually using keyboard on windows

After selecting Text(T) when try to change font size using number pad on keyboard its wont change the size. i am using windows version of Adobe XD and English-US Keyboard layout.
                      i attached screenshot of it please check

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 click exporting of assets

Currently if I design mobile app assets at 1x I have to rescale individual assets at different sizes to export them seperately per platform.

I'd really like to see a one click export for both platforms from a 1x designed screen. 1x screesn are key when testing and there isn't an option setup a project at different scales.

Majority of my assets are vector, especially for the all important app iconography.

Photoshop has something like this at the moment be great to see something like this in XD.

Thanks

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Paste in front

I would love to have objects paste in front of the selected object (like in Illustrator). At this moment, in XD, when I paste an object, it gets on the top of the pile. It's laborious, when you have tens or hundreds of ungrouped objects, to find the right place into which to drag down the newly created object (while scrolling and selecting on the artboard in the same time the reference object in order to find out it's the name).
                          It would be much easier if we could select the object we want to copy, press Cmd+C, select the…

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make design specs password protected optionally

Description:
                            The generated url to a design spec should be password protected optionally .

Value:
                            It is important that the customers data is handled properly. A password protection for the exchange of design specs can be an argument for or against the use of a layout software.A feature liek this would provide further arguments for using Adobe XD.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Automatic Changing Artboards

Automaticly changing artboards would be awesome, by this I pretty much mean loading screens where you can set the duration of how long the duration is. How it would work is you would create and design your own loading screen(s) and then once done you would go to prototype and check off "Auto Change Artboard" and set the duration. It's something that would help a few people with web designing for things such as "Were just finishing up your settings..." page, which is something I have, however I must manually click t get to the next Artboard which can feel…

3 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Win 10 & Wacom Tablet support... still??

Windows 10, Wacom Intuos 4 (a pretty common setup for designers) and XD doesn't seem to work at all!

I was excited to install XD and try it out on a project. I can't select anything, place anything, basically nothing works.

This is unlike the launch version of Dimension which pretty much all works with a user's or studio's standard Adobe based computer setup.

I've seen comments about this since January 2017, still nothing?

What computer and interface setup are you targeting exactly?

6 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Pan cursor enables when you have something selected

If you select an item then press space the cursor changes to the pan symbol even though you are still in edit mode.

This is especially noticeable when your too quick pressing the mouse before 'space' to pan around and believe you're in pan mode but items on your canvas start moving around.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• View map on shared prototype

Add a view map - that is a collection of all pages - into shared web prototype.

Currently it's a wee hard to navigate into a certain view without having to navigate through the app proto.

It would make sense to be able to open this view map from the bottom of the screen, where Homy button and page navigation currently is.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Don't take it too far Adobe

There's a new feature that allows you to position the border placed on an object (e.g inside, center, outside). If I'm not mistaken, you can not do this with CSS so I don't think it should be a design option in XD. I want XD to be slim and laser focused on what can be done with our frontend tools (HTML, CSS). I'm not saying remove this specific feature. I'm just concerned that if it keeps up we'll have a beast on our hands like illustrator or photoshop. I like how XD is very specific to the front end designer…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • ショートカットキーのカスタムとオブジェクトの数値欄での計算機能が欲しいです。

XDは仕事で使わせていただいています。

・ショートカットキーのカスタム(他のソフトでの癖でヒューマンエラーを起こすため)

・数値入力欄で、illustratorのように計算でオブジェクトのサイズや、位置を制御(入力欄でX.y値や、オブジェクトの縦横幅を+10px等正確にいっぺんにできるため)

上記ができるようにして頂きたいです。

よろしくお願いいたします。

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Support for case sensitive APFS/HFS

Adobe XD cannot run on macs that for various reasons use a system volume with case sensitive AFPS/HFS. This is the also true for other software from Adobe, e.g. Photoshop. The difference between XD and Photoshop is that Photoshop _is_ available as a standalone download (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html), and standalone download installers let the user select which volume to install the software on. Adobe XD is currently_not_ available as a standalone download and is thus not available on a computer with a system volume that has a case sensitive file system.

A workaround would be to offer a standalone download…

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base