Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export SVG group as individual object

The developer mode currently is exporting my SVGs as various individual files, although I'm grouping them in .xd file before exporting.

This is giving me headaches, as often Developers will send e-mails requesting the images corrected to program the front-end of a webpage. This highly affects the workflow and productivity, as I have to go by every single one and export as .png.

This happens often when I need to edit icons and vectors in XD on the fly, by adding new elements and grouping them together. Would be nice if grouping these modifications would be enough to export them…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out. I tried this out, and this works as you expect it to. You’ll need to make sure you’re marking the group and not the contents as available for batch export in the layers panel. Then, when you publish your design spec, the group will be exported as a single SVG.

Please let us know if this addresses your issue.

2. double-click instead of ctrl/cmd+click to select nested layers in development link

I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but every time I hand off projects to developers I need to educate them that they must CTRL+CLICK to select layers that are behind a transparent object or inside the mask. For designers, CTRL+Click is obvious but not for developers.

Selecting nested layers should be assigned to the most commonly performed action by the users that try to do it and don't know how, which is "smashing that mouse button until it works". With that said, double-click s the way to go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Suggesting Changes

So That your fellow colleagues can suggest changes (bUT It will Not Changes The Design Until you accept the idea

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base