Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows Features

Adobe hello, please, the following features that improve the functionality of Adobe XD
    1. First, please, add the FTP function in the export menu. The finished project should be able to send assets to FTP server.
    2. It will be useful to greater choice of visual effects transition elements such as animation hiding bar, push effect. Every element loaded on Website Design should be an additional transition settings.
    3. Please add blur effects, and the possibility of cutting elements, as the case OSX.

Best reagrds to all Team :)

12 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you only have one request in each entry, not multiple. As Joan mentioned, we recently shipped blur effects.

Please feel free to upvote the following for your other requests:
      Microinteractions (for your push request): https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869229-animate-individual-elements-separately-custom-ani
      Scissor tool/slice: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13712892-scissor-tool-slice-vector-path

I’ll file a separate story to track the FTP request and add the original poster as a voter.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Import from other Adobe tools

You already have powerful design tools. Hence, please don't try to re-invent the wheel by providing a 'Design' tab. The right direction for Adobe to go would be to just enhance the current prototyping ability by just letting people import design from other tools from your suite. Currently it breaks really badly when you copy/paste stuff between tools and is quite painful.

9 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Good import for easier migrating to the platform

What is also crucial whenever a new platform comes is a transition to that platform. What if I have 100+ files in .psd or .ai or .sketch and I really like the new XD platform. That's almost 100% chance. For now, no platform have at least average solution for that. I have files in .ai but I want my team to migrate to .psd or .sketch... and it's time consuming mechanistic manual monkey job.

It would be great and ease the transition if XD will have:
        – Import to XD from .psd, .ai, .sketch with all the artboards
        – Import…

5 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are several different requests here, and I think a bunch of them are already tracked as their own individual suggestions:

Please upvote any of those that you need, so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.

You can already bring content into XD from all three of these tools by copy-pasting individual elements/layers. Some of the issues listed in the original request here seem to be related to poor fidelity or other problems when importing content this way. If you’re hitting issues like that, could you please file a new UserVoice bug report with as much detail as possible? Ideally, please share screenshots or even an actual AI/PSD/Sketch file that shows the problem.

Thanks!

• Vectors Shapes Objects >Path >Convert path is not an appropriate functioning like Adobe Illustrator Path finders. we expecting like that. F

XD is very optimisation tool like Sketch but Vector Editor no one can beat Adobe illustrator in XD we need like that so soothing vector editors (path finders)

4 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Shadows lost when copying from Illustrator

When i copy an artboard in from illustrator into xd, shadows get lost and are not imported. That style should be carried over instead of having to recreate it in xd

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • (Near) Seamless Integrations

Think about it - Xd+Dw, Mu, Ps, etc. I am not talking about all in one (Although, that would be extremely awesome!). In Comp, we have the ability to "Send to InDesign." We should be able to, by the click of a button, send a project (with all layers editable) to other programs that have the ability build websites, UI's, etc.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Select all in common

Referring to Premiere Pro, it would be good to have an option to Select all clips with a certain aspect in common.

Similar to the "Select all Matching" function, which allows you to select one clip and then find all other clips that are from the same source file. "Select all in common" would allow you to match clips based on different commonalities.

For example, you would choose "Select all in common" and it would take you to a pop up window with different options, such as "Effects" "Label" "Length" etc.

So I could select "Effects", and in there would…

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Lock Aspect Ratio of Shapes Made Using the Drawing Tool - PDF X-Change Editor

Allow user to lock aspect ratio of a shape user has drawn so that when the scale needs to be changed, the shape proportions remain constant. I outline the shapes of land parcels using PDF X-Change Editor and the shape goes wonky when I try to reduce the size. This feature is built into Microsoft Word where you create the shape and then check a box to lock the aspect ratio. As you can tell, I am not a tech person, so I am trying to describe this in real life words.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

As we haven’t heard from you in three months, I’m closing this as inactive. Please note that this was filed in the Adobe XD features database, not the Acrobat features database.

• Make options for Windows

This software will never be really enjoyable for Windows users until you ADD ALL THE FUNCTIONALITY TO OUR SIDE. For now it feels easier to design in Illustrator. Stop building out the Apple version and work on building the Windows version already.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

I know it’s frustrating. We’re building on a very new version of the Windows platform (UWP), and when things are very new sometimes they take a little longer than expected.

We are very actively working on Windows support in XD. To help us prioritize that support though, we need you to upvote the specific individual features you are missing on Windows (rather than just filing an “everything” request like this one). For example:

- Zeplin integration on Windows: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/33045610-zeplin-integration-on-windows
                      - Preview window recording: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/18890884-record-video-from-preview-window-on-windows-like (though note the Windows-G shortcut lets you do screen recording in any app on Windows 10!)
                      - Live mobile device preview: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/17453770-tethered-usb-mobile-device-preview-on-windows

• Audio account storage.

I am offering a 'self-help' teaching for the voice. Client needs feedback on progress.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

As we haven’t seen any activity on this issue in three months, I’m marking it as inactive. Please do feel free to file it again if you’re still experiencing it!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• 1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best if you file each one of your suggestions separately so that we can help merge them correctly. That being said, some of your suggestions already exist and can be upvoted.

-Elaine

• More tool such as Photoshop

I'd like to have more tool and options that I usually find in Photoshop such as using gradients, creating styles and text styles. Most of all I'd like to create guide lines and guide lines layout, so that I could create my project only in Adobe XD.

Thanks.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you only have one suggestion per submission. The good news is: all of these requests are already in our database. You can upvote here:

Also, linear gradients are already available on the Mac – you can drop down “Solid” from the color picker for object fills and select “Gradient.”

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Integrate with any text editor with your XD mockup

how about being able to integration-with any text editor with your XD mock-up

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Since we haven’t heard back on the clarification question in three months, I’m going to mark this as action-required. Please do re-file the idea with some suggestions as to why it would be useful. Thanks!

-Elaine

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base