Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy vector art from Illustrator

I can't find this exact feature request so I thought I would request it here. Is it possible to build XD so that any Adobe Illustrator artwork can be pasted into it?

Photoshop has this ability so I'm continuing to use Photoshop for app design, however, Sketch has some nice features over Photoshop but it's inability to accept even the most simple compound shapes from Illustrator make it virtually unusable for serious design. If preventing users from switching permanently to Sketch is on Adobe's radar, I think y'all should get Illustrator objects compatibility going. It'll be the clincher to ensure…

69 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, all-

I’m trying to consolidate a number of the Illustrator issues into one list to work against, as the various requests seem to be all over the forum. I’ve started with James’ specific list below, and would like to hear back as to what other specific features are not importing correctly from Illustrator 2017.

• Pixel dimensions not aligning
      • Support for dotted lines
      • Support for rounded stroke
      • Text is broken up into individual lines

Are there additional things you’ve hit that you’d like us to address?

-Elaine

• slack integration

For my team, this would be much better than just a dedicated in-tool comment system for getting feedback as this would make my prototypes more accessible to the whole team and company without the need for me to specifically send the link to select individuals.

69 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Wacom Tablet issues on Mac

It is very easy to navigate the Xd interface with a magic mouse or touch pad however when I am working with my Wacom (which is often) I loose some of the functionality such as zooming and being able to move around the interface with a 'hand' tool option 'H' like in Illustrator and Photoshop. If one of the artboard falls off the screen/interface, I am unable to simply drag the view to accomodate the artboard. If I am using the Wacom I have to go to the magnification setting in the upper left hand of the interface which is…

33 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please note that the Wacom tablet on Windows only is considered a pen experience, which is not yet supported on the canvas. You should be able to select the tools along the side and interact with XD in the property inspector. We’re working on that particular experience.

However, I’d like to keep this open to be able to talk about what specific issues Mac users are experiencing. Please do add these in the comments!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• file preview thumbnails in Bridge

Can we please get a preview of .xd files in Bridge? Right now it's just the XD logo.

6 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Clipboard Integration with PS + AI for Vector and Transparent PNG

Pls add clipboard integration for Vector Shapes from AI and Photoshop as well as transparent bitmap layers from PS.

6 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Zeplin Integration. Show/Hide Grid

Will be great to see such a thing. It will be very helpful and save a lot of time.

5 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Support for Invision Inspect Mode

I would like to be able to export files from XD to Invision use Invision's 'Inspect Mode' to view object attributes, css snippets etc, which would aid in front-end development immensely. Thanks.

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Can't copy group of object from AI to XD

I'm using newest version of XD, and have problem that can't copy group of object from AI to XD, it still work if I copy each single object, the prev version don't have this problem, thank you!

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Dynamic content hosted outside of XD

It would be awesome if we could ensure design files and copy docs were in sync as copy changes are made. What if there was a google sheet that could serve as the copy source of truth and any changes were synchronized. Or you could make copy changes in XD as you lay things out and synch those changes with a copy file of some kind. https://www.contentsync.io/ and https://kopie.io/ are two tools that are thinking about this problem in different ways. Maybe there is room in XD for something like this?

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base