Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export Options

Need to export high-quality PNGs and JPGs

For general use propose - saving into PDFs, Keynote, sending in addition to the working prototype

The PNG export option for the artboard results in an asset that is too poor of quality for general use

20 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’d like individual suggestions to be more fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

Some of the other topics here are not yet captured anywhere else. Can you create individual, separate suggestions for these with more details about your needs for each one?

• Keynote export
      • PNG export poor quality (Can you file a bug with more details about the quality problems you’re seeing? PNGs exported from XD should generally be very high-quality)

Thanks for your feedback!

• artboard transfer

Move artboards from one XD project to another and/or export artboard in XD file format

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • SVG Exporting issue

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if you guys are thinking about developing more advanced SVG exporting function.

We can always export in high res png but when trying to use these png's to animate and design more advanced interaction in After effetcs, the resolution drops a lot and when I try to export in svg format, masks and intersected paths get completely displaced.

Hope you guys look it up in the near future.

Thank you
        Osama

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As we haven’t heard back from you in about three months (and we shipped an “Export to After Effects” feature), I’m closing this as inactive. Please feel free to report this again if you’re still hitting this issue!

• Export as...

Please consider an 'Export as..' feature the same way we have a 'Save as..' feature.
          Right now our options are to rename an artboard or replace existing assets.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As we haven’t seen a response to our question in three months, I’m marking it as inactive. Please do feel free to file it again if you have a more concrete suggestion!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• export for screens

We need the same Export for Screen dialog and features than Illustrator has. Thank you!

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

We requested more information on this feature request, and didn’t hear back. If you are still interested in this teacher, please file again with specific export options from Illustrator. Thanks!

Elaine

• Hello, I understand the scope of this app is to collaborate wit

Hello,
                I understand the scope of this app is to collaborate with the "conceptually challenged" but two days into creating interactive digital signage with Xd and I'm hooked! one problem though... outputting something tangible to run on a touchscreen kiosk or information booth (offline).

I am not a Java/HTML guy. I'm a "dyed in the wool" Video/motion GFX guy so having a tool that will allow me to deliver GUIs without coding creates a great new revenue stream. This tool is very close, just needs a tweak.

While I'm asking...
                Scrolling regions of text. (I saw in another post you…

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

As you mentioned, all of your requests are already in the database. It’s much easier for us to aggregate votes when they’re only on one topic, so I encourage you to file your next requests as individual requests. Please upvote:

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Integration or exportable to developer code

Once the prototype is completed, allow the option to be integrated into the final solution or exported into the developers code, same as Visual Studios Blend.
                  Some options would be nice to have would be python, C++, C#, HTML, etc..

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are a number of requests that are blended into this single request. Please upvote (and file stories for individual languages or use cases):

Thanks!

-Elaine

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base