Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Select whether to export Android assets into a drawable or mipmap directory

I work with developers, and we found a little problem during the export of assets for android : The folder where are exported the assets are named "drawable-hdpi" … or now, I don't know exactly from when, the folder to make an app is called "mipmap-hdi" …

It depends on actually of some projects (sometimes you can still use drawable and sometimes not), but it will be a good idea to add a function to choose the name of folders :)

Can you fix it for another update? Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy as bitmap

copy to microsoft powerpoint and word as an image to make a presentation

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Separate Quality Settings for 1x and 2x JPEG Export

2x JPEGs typically should be compressed more than 1x JPEGs, so being able to individually set quality would be extremely useful, otherwise I have to do two separate exports (each with a different quality) and merge the results.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow selection of antialiasing style on export

I'm designing a webpage, when I exported to PNG mockup, I've got issue with the font, please find my attached files, one exported from XD and one exported from photoshop with same font family & size.

The one XD got a bit blurry than the Photoshop one. I think the problem that I can choose "Sharp" anti-aliasing method in Photoshop. But XD seems like exporting as "Smooth" anti-alias.

I tried to find somewhere in XD with the options. But couldn't find.

Anybody please help. Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cannot import XD SVG into Illustrator

イラストレーター(ai)形式の書き出し機能が欲しい。
    書き出したSVGをイラレに持っていくとデータがかなり抜け落ちてしまう。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I believe the new version of Illustrator released in November had some changes to address this issue. Could you please try again and let us know if this issue is fixed?

Thanks,

-Elaine

11月にリリースされたIllustratorの新しいバージョンでは、この問題に対処するためにいくつかの変更が加えられたと思います。 この問題が修正された場合はもう一度お試しください。

6. bulk asset download from libraries

It would be a massive time saver to have the option to download assets from a specific library in bulk. Having to click and D/L each asset individually feels prehistoric to me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Alt text for images and other accessibility features when exporting to PDF

I make slideshows in XD and would love a way to add alt text to the images before I export. If the slideshow is very long, it is tedious to add alt tags and accessibility features in Acrobat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Full image export at original resolution (Export as source)

Hi,

Very often I use images inside a mask/frame but the devs need to be able to export/download the full image that exists inside a mask/frame, not just the image framed. Right now I'm forced to send the images to the devs and this should be all possible inside XD, that's what this application is about.

Sorry If I miss something, I couldn't find a way to do it. This is key.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Determine format of subsets of batch format

I routinely want to export some assets as SVGs and others as PNGs, still others as JPGs. The current Batch Export shoots out all marked assets in one format, but I'd like to be able to specify "format groups" somehow, so that one Batch Export command would export the marked assets in the specific format I need.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export to OAM file

Convert an Adobe XD file into an OAM file or export as OAM file, example Adobe Edge Animate (OAM)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Select the bit size of image in png format (8 bit, 32 bit)

I want to select the bit size of image(8bit / 32bit..) in png format in XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Maintain creation order of artboards when exporting to pdf

Artboard export to pdf is currently top left to bottom right. When linking to the PDF from InDesign this may mess up the links if artboards are rearranged or added later.

An option to change this behavior to be closer to Illustrator would fix this issue. I.e. export in order of creation.

Unless there is another way to reference XD files from within InDesign?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. copy as pdf

Could it be added the function of "Copy as PDF"? When I copy and paste directly an asset or artboard to clipboard. It seems convert it to png file type now. Actually it will be more efficient than menu command "export to PDF". And in the Ai or Indesign copy as PDF to clipboard is a basic feature. Hope for that, thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Optimize PDF size

PDF - export files too big in size -
    Unfortunately I must to agree with many other responders; exported pdf files are still to big.
    It looks like nothing has changed or is added to this issue. There should be some setting tools to specify the pdf size. Please, open these feature again...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export responsive SVG

I'd like to export SVGs without coded width and height attributes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Masked shape should clip text on export to SVG

Run path operations on shapes grouped to bounding boxes.

Masked paths/shapes are revealed in js react. It would be nice to not have to do this manually.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Is this still an issue for you?
    If yes, could you please attach an XD file with which you can reproduce the issue and maybe a recording?
    Our team tried to reproduce it but with no success.

Thanks,
    Corina Murgila

19. Export JPG at 3x

Please let me have my JPGs at 3x!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Highlight component inside hover state

When you clean up the components. In case a component is inside a hover state for example and I check highlight on canvas it won't show it and you might accidentally delete it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base