Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Annotations for Client Review

Having the ability to show the client the ideal user flow would be helpful. It would be great to have annotations that are separate from comments in the design review link. Even something as simple as having each commenter have a different color pin.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Prototype Link selection from all owned assets

I created a prototype link from a file that was later deleted. The link was shared with a client, and I have been asked to update the link. Because the file no longer exists, I cannot update the link. It would be nice to be able choose an already existing link in my assets when I'm working from a new file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Resolve button that only appears on hover causes accidental clicks

It has happened before that I was just trying to click on a comment to jump to its associated page and accidentally hit the Resolve button because it only appears on hover. That area is prime clicking space because it appears empty. To subtly slip in a button right before you click down seems pretty dangerous. Especially for an action that does not have any easy to find way to undo itself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share Link with password parameter as a paramter like `https://*/view/{view-id}/-?password=Password!12` for jira integration.

Share Link with password parameter as a paramter like <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://*/view/{view-id}/-?password=Password!12">https://*/view/{view-id}/-?password=Password!12</a> for jira integration.

When share link is protected by password. All jira integration is showing message like 'This link is protected by password.' Password Protection is cool feature but, not kindly with integration

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show Presence in Web Links

Similar to Dropbox Paper or Google Docs, I'd love to see who or how many people are viewing my prototype in the web browser. Could especially be helpful when presenting/pitching or when having dev. hand off calls to see who's tuned in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Revert to previous 'Share' UI

The previous 'Share' UI was fast, simple, and easy to use.

This new UI is confusing, unnecessary, and wasteful. Was it designed by the same people who created the new AdobeCC UI????

A) The new 'Share' Tab is useless. I can already see what I'm sharing on either of the other tabs - having a 3rd tab is completely asinine unless there is some helpful functionality to this screen/view.

B) The only functionality I have in this state is 'zoom' - a state I cannot exit once I've clicked on the 'zoom' tool. AND the keyboard/mouse shortcut I actually use…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Expand the comment input field

It would be great if the input field could expand if you are adding a long comment, as right now it can be very hard to edit the box when it is over a certain length.

It would also be great to add a bit more of a margin between the input field and the @ button as I am forever hitting the @ button by accident.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ensure Design Specs and Prototypes look significantly different

Share for Review & Share for Development are so similar in terms of interface and it's so confusing because I end up commenting on the wrong one every time since they look too much the same.

It would be better if for e.g. the Developer's one has a different Background etc...

And please, although there is already a request for it, add the get/send notifications for updates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unresolve comments if there are new replies

Name it not "close", but "resolved" (a checkbox with checkmark/or no checkmark („resolved“/„unresolved“). AND it automatically will marked as „unresolved“ if the reviewer adds an new answer.
    The pin should be convert from number to checkmark if the comment is marked as resolved.

With this I can use the comments as a list of tasks which I can work off step by step.
    If I finish a task I mark is at resolved. The reviewer get an E-Mail (at the end of day all resolved tasks collected to one E-Mail) and he can now review this and do an answer…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Link available for sharing while updating or creating new link

It takes a long time to either create a new link for development or update an existing link, and I find myself waiting around often. I also often click "update" without copying the link first, then it's unavailable while the link is being updated, and I have to wait. I'd love to be able to share the link before it's updated since developers will only access well after it's finished updating/creating anyway. Three suggestions:

1. When updating an existing link, let the existing link be available to copy, since the URL won't change.

2. Or, have a "cancel" button so I can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Artboard numbers in grid view

Need to type page number and go to it. now just next & back.

In show all pages, should show page number .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable crisp PNGs over 5000px of height

If PNG is imported and over ca. 5000px of height it's not in highres anymore (in webview) but gets blurred by adobe XD: not showable, not usable and adobe seems to be not interested in that problem or would not fix it at all (perhaps even this is not a bug and just a way to keep other design-exports from sketch & co. out of XD?)

for now the only way to keep using the prototyping web-view is to slice our pngs in smaller peives and play puzzle in xd... WOOOW!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New and updated screens should show first in grid view

Please make the new screens and updated screens appear in the top of the (shared link) grid. Please make it default behavior or let us choose this behavior.

The recently introduced grid view in shared links is nice but there is a problem. People I work with are not able to find the updated screens. Before I used to place new and updated screens in the top of the XD document so they could be easily found. Now as they can't see the "document view" anymore, they've lost all the visual cues and they are forced to do a time-consuming…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unite assets.adobe.com/links and xd.adobe.com/view/xyz

My prototype-links where published at d.adobe.com/view/xyz. To have an overview over my past prototypes and delete them (or give new authorizations to specific persons etc.!) I have to go to assets.adobe.com/links. Why? To give assets.adobe.com/links more features in the future (generate folders etc.) it could be smart to unite these both sites?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Prototype and Spec link author information

Can we please consider adding in the original author of the XD file (who uploaded the prototype or the design specs)?

My design team is sharing multiple links to eng and the team for review and it's hard to know who did what if people need to follow up or have questions. Commenting is awesome but knowing who the author is is crucial.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Last updated information in share popup

I'd like to see extra info displayed on the Share panel. Things like when you made a new link and the likes. I constantly get asked if I've shared a link or updated a prototype and then I can't remember. Info like this will help me.

One other thing that would be nice is an indication when an update has been pushed successfully. Currently, when the update has been pushed there is no feedback visually or auditory to indicate such an action. Imagine a chime along the lines of After Effects when a render is done. The panel closed sometimes…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Audio cue when prototype finished updating

Play a little audio cue when the prototype has finsihed updating. Of course it would be nice if one were to disable that

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Full screen mode in Preview & links

I created an artboard of 1920 width. but when i preview it shows a black background. Same goes for when I share it in web. But instead there is white background.
    It will be great to eliminate the background. Because it is impacting design decisions. also clients dont understand the concept & ask for recreation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Deep link to overlay in shared prototype

Web review URLs for active overlays. For example, you have a screen with an overlay of an dialog box and wanted to link directly to it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Jump to artboard by number in shared prototype

after generating a link for the client to see, sometimes there are 100 screens in the link. the client wants to discuss a specific screen which could be no. 56. It takes a lot of time to navigate to that screen. Pressing the right arrow 56 times!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m keeping this one open, but a quick way for your client to share exactly what screen they want to talk about is to send you the URL they have in their browser when they’re looking at the prototype. Because we have deep linking, the URL will bring you right to that artboard.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base