Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications on comments to appear on online prototypes

Currently when someone comments on a online prototype i get a notification through my create cloud. When i click on it it opens in a new window. But if a get multiple notifications I have to open up a new window, or search the screens for the comment.

Could we include a notifications dropdown in the online prototype to show new notifications. This would make the online prototypes friendlier to use, more efficient (especially when collaborating).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to update OpenGraph data (link preview) to shared prototypes

The default link text that appears when I share a prototype doesn't look very professional, nor is it very useful for people who see multiple of these in a day.

My suggestion is that you give us a place to put "About" data for the file, and that this is used as the OpenGraph text for link previewing in applications like Slack, Skype, etc.

I'm attaching a photo of what my current link share looks like, and what I propose could happen with some sort of "Info" text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Larger non-fullscreen view

When I run a user test, I like to use the generated link. During a user test, it is often useful to use the little home button at the bottom of the page. In fullscreen view, this button is unavailable. When not in fullscreen view, the artboard is represented quite small compared tt the browser window, making features less distinct. Could you either:

1. Add the home button to the fullscreen view or
    2. Make the area for displaying the artboard in the non-fullscreen view, larger

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export "Share Online" Markups as Annotated PDF

The agency I work for is very particular about archiving internal and external markups. It would be great to have an option to export the "Share Online" markups into an annotated PDF for archiving.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add frame line on fullscreen view showing the limits of the screen when previewing a prototype locally

When sharing a design with multiple sizes and a black background it becomes impossible to see the edges of the screen. Adding a 1px #555 line would be enough to improve the preview experience by allowing the user to see the edges of say a small mobile screen on fullscreen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove annoying overlay on top of the screen

Please remove this annoying overlay (please see the screenshot). It covers the art board and influences first impression.

If this is needed, please add it to loading screen before loading the prototype. Something like Invisionapp has for example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Loading indication

When viewing on a mobile in browser, you forgot to design the 'Loading' indication text. It sits there top left 'tucked' up in the corner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Artboards Descriptions

Allow us to add a description to every art board and this be visible in the Shared Prototypes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Share UI should be “usability testing” not “user testing”

The November release is fantastic. But I noticed in the share UI the drop down says user testing. User testing implies you are testing the user. This is the exact opposite of what we are trying to accomplish. Usability testing is more accurate because you are testing the usability of the design. Would love to see the wording change and I bet I’m not the only one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dark background in shared prototype

When sharing on the web, if we have artboards with white backgrounds, there is no visual separation between artboard and background. I suggest making the option for making the background dark, or implementind device frames.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Save full artboard in sharing mode.

An option to save the full layout as a PNG or JPG.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Expand the comment input field

It would be great if the input field could expand if you are adding a long comment, as right now it can be very hard to edit the box when it is over a certain length.

It would also be great to add a bit more of a margin between the input field and the @ button as I am forever hitting the @ button by accident.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scroll shared prototype with keyboard

1. Description
    When viewing a prototype, a user can scroll between views using the left and right keyboard arrow keys but cannot scroll up or down on the current prototype with the keyboard. Some viewers have been unable to scroll with their mouse. Without a visible scrollbar they have been left only seeing what's above the fold line.

On Mac I've discovered that pressing fn+arrow up/down will sort of page you down, but it's not smooth and not intuitive. Simply using arrow keys as you would using a browser (or something close) would be ideal.

2. Why is this valuable…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Share for Review Links: Set All Screen Comments off by default

I'm regularly sending review links to non-designers/older clients and I don't want to confuse them.

I'd like to have the option to set "All Screen Comments" off by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show the design scale of a design

It could be great to have an overview of the design scale inside the design review or developer review when we work across team. Some device are not on Retina Display and developers don't know if the scale is great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Comment History

A comment history would be very helpful for the designer. A client might accidentally delete feedback and for the designer to have the capability to view any and all feedback (resolved/ deleted) would be helpful. That way it can be easily retrieved and the client will not have to worry about having to make those comments all over again. It would be a good safety, "backup" feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. You can already view all of the comments that have been resolved and not on the prototype, but not the deleted. Just to be clear – are you looking at a timeline for comment activity? Or is it just to be able to see deleted comments?

17. Add Setting to Control Comments/Pins Visibility On First Load

Please add a setting to control whether or not the comments/pins are showing on first load of the page. I would like my clients to be able to see the design and get an accurate first impression, without seeing the pins cluttering it. I would rather give them a real first impression than have their first action be to hit the comments button to hide the pins. I'm asking for a setting to control it because I see that others have found value in having the comments show by default. I chatted with a member of your support team and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move Pin when layout changes

When the layout changes, the pinned comments don't move accordingly. We ran into this today and it's a critical issue because we use Adobe XD as the main source of truth. That comment contains technical requirements for our devs like default ordering. The same happens in forms, where I use comments to specify input masks, validation rules and other things. Everytime I change something on the form, I have to make sure I update all the comments. Uncool!

Usually I will adjust the pins by hand, but in this instance I didn't create the comment so I couldn't move the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support native anchors

When shared on the web, links do not support browser features like:
    - Open in new tab
    - Mousewheel click to open in new tab
    - Copy link address
    - etc

Links in general should support browser features you would expect to work on links.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expand "Show Hot Spots" to indicate any Keys & Gamepad triggers

When I share a link of a prototype and have the option "Show Hotspot Hints" enabled, it shows clickable areas. It would be great if there could also be an option to display information on available Key & Gamepad triggers.

Building out a prototype that is interactive currently has it's short comings but it's great to see Adobe listening to XD users and expanding the prototyping capabilities. Because there currently isn't a way to show On-Hover type of interactions, I have to fake it by creating a keyboard trigger that I press at the same moment I move my mouse…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base