Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text-To-Speech language selection within app.

Ability to select text-to-speech language per action used.

1. Example: Creating a mobile app with text reading capabilities. If the app has a "Select Language" page, then the language read back should match the language selected.

2. Having TTS language selection as part of each speech playback action created would be a great inclusion, especially if an app is developed with multiple languages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add interaction styles to the Assets panel

Animations should be able to come out as assets. This way if you need to change all your animations at same time, for example to transition/none, it can be done quickly. This would be an AWESOME feature and should work just like colors assets!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Assign close by off-artboard elements to a specific artboard

Over and over again, especially when I'm using Auto-Animate to mimic a modal view, when I have the above layer "slide" outside the artboard, it then suddenly becomes attached to a near adjacent artboard. It's EXTREMELY annoying.

Maybe there needs to be a built in "margin" outside an artboard, that keeps slightly outside elements still as part of it? Or, a way to manually assign an off-artboard element to a specific artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Limit Speech Playback Recurrence

Add a way to limit recurrence of speech playbacks so that the user can reuse an artboard without the speech playback repeating.

I've attached a sample file that combines a speech playback trigger with drag gestures. When you drag the map right, then left, the speech playback triggers a second time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Incorrect display of the borders of the viewer

The lower boundaries of the prototype view window are displayed as rectangular, rather than rounded, as upper. Rather, they are both rounded and straight at the same time.

Version 16.0.2.8 (Starter)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Drag on a curve

The may overlap other requests, apologies if it does. The ability to drag along a line is fantastic but if we could drag around a circle it would open up a whole lot more to your users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Link interaction on overlay with action on the base artboard

Having the ability to click an element within an overlayed artboard to cause other interactions on the original artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Choose frame rate for Record Preview

My recordings are very laggy from Record Preview. If I could choose 30fps instead of only having 60fps, that might fix the performance issue (bug filed).

But, all I need is a 30fps video, anyway. So, would prefer that just on it's own, even if performance was fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Share prototype on customer mobile Number, Email or WhatsApp

Request you please add feature : we share our prototype link direct on mobile number, email etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Non-rectangular tap zones

I prototype AR apps and whatnot, and have tried to use the Pen tool to draw a tappable shape around a simulated camera area. Trouble is, XD simplifies it to a bounding rect to trap taps, which can consume a lot that doesn't conform visually. It also makes overlaps trickier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Transition popup's destination should show artboards in Z-order

At present, the list of Destinations within the prototype settings popup (see attached) is shown arbitrarily, seemingly having no sort order at all. For a document with more than a few Artboards, this makes trying to find the one you want really hard.

The expected behaviour from my perspective is that the list of Destinations just follows the existing ordering of Artboards in the Layers panel. This way, a designer can order things as they like and then see the same order shown there.

This is using Adobe XD 13.0.12.14 (latest version at time of writing).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve the method to set Speech Playback

The method to set a Playback action appears quite complicated for many of my course attendees to grasp (setting the Artboard handle as a Timed animation with a Speech action) and definitely too difficult to discover. It even gets worse when they try to understand why to drag the handle from destination to source (as indicated in many Help files). Why not tell users to simply click the stub to invoke the heads-up display and get that initial confusion out of the way ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Text based management of links

I create projects for commercial web applications and I try and prototype many function points. This can lead to hundreds of links and cross-links. I would like to be able to

2) Look at the prototype links in a more text based format so I can search and replace links, bulk add links through a text editor.

OLD

1) Set a core/common link for a symbol or element so when I copy it to other pages, it keeps the link. For example, copying the "home" element to another dashboard should keep the link back to the home page.

A single,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m updating this to focus on the text management of links. In the future, please do file individual ideas in separate tickets so that we can better merge them with other ideas!

14. stack prototype link connection points

stack the link connection points between artboards as currently when zoomed out they overlap each other making it very unclear and hard to select them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A larger connection handle on touch screens, please...

I had the luxury of using Adobe XD on a Microsoft Surface Studio, for a whole week. Designing and controlling a project with your fingers at such a large screen sure feels great, but... didn't anyone of the XD team ever notice that the connection handles are just too small to touch and drag ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Windows] Expand interaction pop-up target window to display the entire artboard name

When there's a lot of artboards it's hard to zoom out and drag target destinations. I'd like to be able to select a target artboard from the dropdown menu. But the dropdown has a max-width so it can't show the complete artboard name.

Request: Do not truncate artboard names in target dropdown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Prototype wires should go underneath artboards when not being edited

Have the ability for prototype wires to go underneath the artboards.

This feature would be would be already made wires, any wire that you are live-editing would be above artboards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Choose whether to add border to shared prototype

Realize that this was "fixed" by removing borders for prototypes, but I am now having an issue with designs that use a white background color.

It is hard to tell the boundaries of the viewport. Feel like it will be impossible to satisfy everyone with a default setting.

Any way we could choose to add a border color to our prototypes?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Published Prototype Interactions too Subtle

Loving the updates but my clients are confused. As a designer, the prototype layout makes sense — As a non-designer, it's not clear what actions should be taken.

I think the Invision prototype screen is initially more intuitive. For instance, it first opens in fullscreen mode (allowing for that first look excitement from the client) but has a sticky container that clearly tells the viewer they can take more actions to view and add comments and see additional artboards.

In short, I think the prototype needs to be catered more towards clients.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Default desktop preview should be full screen

I would like to see the default desktop prototype view as full browser width without the title/sign-in information at top similar to Sketch. This information could be hidden somewhere or yoou provide the option when creating initial link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 11 12 13 15 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base