Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improvements of the linking method in Prototype mode

I am working on a few projects that are nearing 100 screens, and linking them starts to become a problem.

Here are a few things that I think might help the situation:

1. Use the artboards order from the side panel into the dropdown menu. I don't know how the order in the dropdown is created, maybe by time of creation of the artboard, but is certainly not by name. By doing this we can at least group the artboards and find them more easily.

2. Incorporating a search bar into the dropdown is kinda strange and confusing, so another solution for…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. No hotspot for scrollable screens

There is no hotspot for giving a hint that an artboard is scrollable.

We got it for buttons when clicking outside an clickable area. But there is not hints for scrollable artboards.

It is easy to forget to look for that feature and it makes the end user to miss out of content.

Posted a video of showing the problem. There could be an hint that there is more content to view.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Preflight check to ensure all artboards are connected

Currently, there aren't any safeguards to ensure that all pages are accounted for and each button directs correctly.

It would be really helpful to be able to specify a button with a target at the outset, so that upon publishing a quick preflight check would ensure that everything is linked correctly and no pages are missing from the site architecture.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Dynamic Type

Hi, would be great to have dynamic type incorporated into prototype mode. Is there any plan to implement this in future release?

Rehan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tab navigation

I'd like to be able to change a subsection of a page based on my selection, like you can see at http://tabtab.be/

タブで遷移

日本語で失礼します。

現在、プロトタイプモードでは、ページ全体の遷移しかできません。
    例えば下記ページのように、タブで選択した箇所のみ情報が変わるような遷移はできないでしょうか。
    http://tabtab.be/

情報サイトでは、タブ切り替えをよく使います。
    このような遷移がプロトタイプモードで作れたら、イメージ共有がスムーズになります。
    現在この機能がないため、XDをプロジェクトで使うのをためらっております。
    ぜひ追加機能をお願いします。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to make interaction points dialog explaining functionality in prototype

Similar to Microsoft visio this feature will give users the Ability to make interaction points explaining functionality in the prototype. The user will be able to draw an arrow pointing at the element linking to the dialog box. A dialog box will give user info on functionality or explain Interaction point.
    This feature will show in prototype mode and give the option to enable in share prototype mode.

As a user, I can draw an interaction box.
    As a user, I can link interaction box to shape/element/ect.
    As a user, I can choose to enable this when I share a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "Dip to Black" transition

When jumping between user flows (i.e. illustrating what a different user would see), a "dip to black" transition would be very useful. It's a powerful transition used in film editing to indicate a change in context, or time passing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. keep audio from stopping when a new artbord pops up.

basically, when i tap the play button on a music app i'm prototyping, if i happen to tap another button or click onto another artbord, it will stop the audio. there should be a way to pause and play the audio. that would be very helpful. thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. add audio playback to all interactions and don't interrupt audio

It would be great to have the audio action on triggers other than Tap. My first use case for audio used a keyboard trigger.

Also, it's disappointing that the audio playback seems to be interrupted by other screens. Without being able to play a whole audio file OR play audio on triggers like time, there's no way to do something like:

scan : play scan sound
    auto-animate loading indicator
    timer trigger navigates to error screen : play error sound

(working on industrial warehouse software so sounds are important)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mouse trigger

When designing for PCs or Macs, having the ability to trigger actions for mouse buttons would be helpful. Especially left, right, and middle buttons.

I am using Adobe XD for game interaction design and this feature would be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Trigger interactions on key/gamepad button down

Another user has requested this for the mouse/touch down. This would also be beneficial for keys & gamepad triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions. An example of this input being used is a transition to an overlay radial menu for selections to be made. The radial menu would disappear if the key/button is released.

Having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiple actions on keys & gamepad, drag, & voice triggers

The recent update for multiple actions on tap triggers is great. Please carry this functionality over to the other triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions and having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. interaction connector overlapping

Overlapping of multiple interaction connectors cause difficulty in selecting the arrow of interest (blue arrow in attached img) requiring clicking once on root and again on arrow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change language of speech playback

I'm brazilian and I'm using Adobe Xd in English.
    I don't know why but the speech playback is speaking in Brazilian portuguese, but I wanted it to be in English.

Let us choose the language of the speech playback. Let us choose between the available languages in the Help > Language menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. View all interactions in the property inspector when an object is selected

Currently (Xd 28) when we select an object that has interactions with different destinations, the property inspector is just blank. We need to select one of the wires to view the interactions.

It would be great to see in the property inspector an overview of all interactions associated with that object when we click on the object itself. Very similar to what we see when we click on a wire that has multiple interactions.

That should help in those moments that I start hunting my wires to understand why I can't use a certain trigger (as it is already in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tuto

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/xd/how-to/preview-publish-share-prototypes.html

This tutoriel is old; could you update a new video ??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add auto vieport height feature

Right now I can add the view port height of a canvas - which is a feature that can be useful. Anyways, sometimes one just want to use a prototype on full vie port height on several devices. So that i can present a design on my PC reviewing it in the team, and maybe on a television within a meeting after - in both cases I do not necessarily need black bezels if the presentation is about the UI elements only, and not about the UX (where it could be of high importance that specific elements are within the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Integration with Framer X

Would be great if XD screens could be imported into Framer X similar to Sketch. It’s the only thing that makes me still debate using Sketch instead of XD!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. definable hit areas for component states

If we are going to call what XD has "component states", instead of "button states", then there needs to be a way to define a hit area of a given interaction.

For example, right now, if I have a "component" created, and I add an element of a larger size, that comes up/out/or whatever on rollover, the rollover state becomes the new hit area size, so now the interaction won't close when I roll off the original trigger... Instead I have to roll off the entire new element that come on during the state change.

This makes it virtually impossible…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Prefab auto-animate components

It would be nice to have common interact-able elements in a prefab form to select from. For example, top navigation link that displays a color change, or drop down menu on hover.

After you select the prefab you should be able to change typeface, color, shape, etc of all the various element states but it would save a lot of time setting up the auto-animate between all the states.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base