Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Dip to Black" transition

When jumping between user flows (i.e. illustrating what a different user would see), a "dip to black" transition would be very useful. It's a powerful transition used in film editing to indicate a change in context, or time passing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. cburke@adobe.com

Would love to drag an object both directions. Perhaps if we could add hot spots to the left and right of a container, then you can either drag it left or right.

Example: in g-mail, drag the message right to delete, left to archive. Would like to render this behavior.

Thought two, add these touch points or hot spots to and image so I can drag left or right from the image itself to go forwards or backwards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow to enter pixel values for overlay placement

I'd like to be able to enter precise pixel values for placing overlays in the prototype mode. Currently it's easy to be off by 1 or 2 pixels, given how fiddly the placement behavior is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. scroll not working during animation

Page scrolling doesn't currently work during auto-animation playback. Scrollable pages should allow user to scroll while animation is in play.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Auto Animate between multiple component states

The similarity between CSS transitions and the new Component States functionality are so similar. Auto animate only allows for one transition. Real CSS allows for unlimited transitions.

I'm starting to see mico animations like the "Add to cart button" attached. Which could be created using the new component states functionality. But instead of States, think of them as steps in CSS transitions. States A, B and C turn into Transition 1, 2 and 3. You already have easing and timing already developed.

All you would have to do is in Prototype mode allow me to +Add the transition order.

1. create…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Multi user journey on one design

As i am working on a mobile app, i think i could be interesting to have the possibility to work on more that one prototype with the same design.

For example, if we want to demonstrate more prototype with different directions in a account login case. (one prototype for good login and another one for wrong login).

Another solution could be to have have variables or the hability for components to have different triggers in their states.

But i made a little suggestion to switch on multi user journey.
    See picture attached.

If it could help ;-)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tap target should include padding

Elements with padding can only be tapped inside of the padding area (when viewed in the Desktop Preview on macOS, v27.0.12.6).

Probably just a bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Define multiple strings at once

Make it possible to define multiple Strings by selecting all elements that are supposed to hold those strings. Saves a lot of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Edit strings collectively

It is useful to edit strings collectively, for example if you focus on a board, make a panel, where all strings are listed leading to the focused board.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Link stings in Components

When converting an element with strings into a component, the strings attached should be included. It's helpful when you convert a menu bar into a component.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dropdown Components

Just as component states have made prototyping faster and more efficient, there need to be stylable components for form elements that are "live". I want to just drop in a dropdown menu and add the options. Then be able to connect a selected option to a dropdown without custom making them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improvements to Interactive Prototype Viewer

1. As a user I want to be able to preview an interactive prototype as like previewing it on a mobile phone or on desktop with or with out the scrollbar. Scrollbar is shown over a fixed element.

2. Able to change cursor type for interactive preview. Sometimes we are designing for desktop than just mobile prototypes.

3. When scrolling, the art-board color should determine the over scrolling color (up and down) than just always being black.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. keyboard or voice event not possible while transition

While playing (long) transitions (e.g. a 5 sec auto-animated loading animation) it is not possible to trigger any keyboard/gamepad or voice events (e.g.in order to jump to another view). This is annoying.

Click events -on the other hand - are possible to abort running transition at any time.

I reported this as bug, but was told to raise it here.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. adding an action/trigger directly to an element or component in Prototype mode.

I would like to update allow linking or adding an action/trigger directly to an element or component in Prototype mode. This would allow a better workflow and faster turnaround time as well as allow the prototype to function better in smaller file size as well since there would be less imagery and artboards involved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Component with instances, inside a component with instances, inside component with instances

Given I create a component with instances, inside a component with instances, inside component with instances, third level of instances appears to be disabled even if you have different components with different instances inside.

That instances would be useful, for example, for a search bar, with list of items, with a switch inside these items, with a button when that switch is enabled.

I tried to do a video explaining what I wonder to do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More stable and logical actions on components

Component have a lot of bugs when there is multiple instances of them (Example: Open dropdown; roll over; choose the option; validate; close dropdown etc).

The other things is about the rollout effect: When I set up a rollover effect on a specific element or group of elements inside a component, the rollout effect is not on the specific element or group of elements that I selected before for the rollover but on the entire component. It's not logical and realistic effect in the case we have a component with multiple instances inside (Example: Dropdown for filter: I open it,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. File Upload for prototyping

This would encompass more advanced input and forum tools. For example, during a user-testing session, it would be nice if the prototype could all the user to simulate uploading a file from their desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show component states as artboards

The explicitness of the artboards is one of the most valuable aspects that drove me into XD.

It is great for design (when you can see and edit things at once) and specially for team collaboration ("How will development see all states?" https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38978644-component-states-to-development-design-specs).

Wouldn't it be great if:
    1 - states were special (explicit) artboards, tied to the original object (like Overlays);
    2 - the single regular Interaction pane could have triggers like "Hover/Mouse in/Mouse out" and actions like "State" (instead of requiring setting up states in the Design of a component before triggering them elsewhere in Prototype);
    3…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Interaction on a component inside already active interaction on another component

Please make the interactions on 2nd component, inside 1st component with active interaction - work!. Inception-thing-trying-to-describe-haha

They work for a few minutes, but deactivates later.

It is basicly a button inside a button. Please make it work.

I can go around the issue by adding more new canvas such a "load-in", but this will take up entire artboard - and this is not infinite (..new idea! ;)..)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base