Support for SF Symbols
As Apple will encourage to use SF Symbols from iOS 13 and later, it could be great to add the support inside Adobe XD so iOS designers can also use this software once Apple make their UI Kit available for XD.
Jane Lang commented
It would be fantastic if Adobe XD included support for SF Symbols because Apple will promote their use starting with iOS 13 and later. Once Apple makes their UI Kit available for XD, iOS designers will be able to use Adobe XD as well. https://cookieclicker-games.com/
Santhosh Nair commented
This is critical, make or break need that will help me consider CC.
Rui Qu commented
SF Symbol can not display in XD iOS. (demonstrated in screenshots)
This causes huge inconvenience for iOS mobile app designers because we use SF symbols very often.
Interesting issue: SF symbols now seem to be supported in Adobe XD for macOS (copy-paste symbols from SF Symbols.app), however the iOS Adobe XD app shows question marks everywhere instead of the symbols!
how can I use SF symbols in Xd for windows?
Lexline J. commented
Yeah, all my symbols show up as question marks, and the only work around as of now is to convert the icons to paths or export the screens as static designs for previewing.
Yasser Al Kindi commented
Select the missing item by double clicking it, then Control/Command 8 turns it into a payh - that resolved my problem.
I have used SF symbols on my mac with AdobeXD ... when I preview it on my ipad XD app, they became just undefined ( question marks) ... how can I make them appears properly on the ipad ?
This is very important. Right now I am forced to convert all symbols to paths which is a major drag.
Dragging and dropping a symbol from the SF Symbols app to Adobe XD doesn't work like it does in Sketch.
For Adobe XD users, try one of the following methods.
1. In Adobe XD, insert some random text using a San Francisco font.
2. Switch to the SF Symbols app, select a symbol by clicking it and then copy the symbol (Command-C).
3. Switch back to Adobe XD, select and highlight the text you previously created and then paste the symbol (Command-V).
1. In the SF Symbols app, select a symbol by clicking it and then copy the symbol (Command-C).
2. Switch to Adobe XD and paste the symbol (Command-V).
3. Change the symbol text from Area Text to Point Text.
4. Change the font from Helvetica Neue to a San Francisco font.
With both methods, you can now change the size and weight of the symbol text. While you're at it, don't forget to center-align the symbol text.
This is a must!!!