Request details

Create and organize symbols/components into folders

Would love to organize symbols into folder for easy accessibility. I spend too much time looking through symbols into one library.

183 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joshua Reach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As we add dozens of components to our style library, this would be immensely helpful to organize them like this. Please do add this feature!

• Frans Hanekom (frankthedsigner) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would definitely be a fantastic feature, especially if you're working on a very large corporate site like I am and I need to scroll through almost a hundred different graphics in the components panel. Grouping them into categories and per page would definitely clean up the panel. I use the search field, however it is impossible for any designer to remember each label and keyword. Please consider implementing this feature!

• Dylan Cyr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% co-sign on this. Working in a document with a lot of components gets really tedious really quickly.

• Matthew Comer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be beneficial for us to be able to group components together for sorting purposes (i.e. Inputs, Buttons, etc.) This would help in keeping large counts of components organized between multiple projects.

• Macelo Costa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently I'm struggling with a lot of symbols. I would love if I could organize them, looks something so simple!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to group components like UX Pin did it. There is one simple reason for that: staying organized.

• Arjun Sarath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the component panel usually have 100s of components and there will be similar components, like buttons for instance. It would be great if all the buttons are grouped together.

• abel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to create a folder, a title for the folder and place designated symbols in that folder to live in.

ie BUTTON folder for all button symbols.

I feel this would definitely help organizing a building a library of assets.

• Zak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks. Still trying to weave XD into my work process. It is a good start. I think it just needs more features for the user, it is a bit lean as far as Adobe apps go. I don't want it to replace Illustrator or anything but I want to be able to manage my work easily in this app.

• Zak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

• Need better asset management. I know you want this app to be light but you are going to have super users who use this app in powerful ways.
    • Allow assets sort by name - ascending or descending order. Right now I have to organize manually
    • Allow asset/symbol coloring and/or foldering. There is no easy way to group symbols of a similar type. Buttons, icons, UI elements, etc.

• Hayden Hancock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While the ability to search assets is great, it's important to be able to organize the assets into folders in order to better organize the assets.

• Lee Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to categorise symbols and character styles, I find myself hunting down symbols and styles, If I was able to create folders, say desktop and mobile, I could hide the one I'm not working on and keep things tidy.

• Matt Marino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful to be able to group, categorize and classify symbols. For instance, you might have various buttons and interactive elements that you'd like to have grouped for easy access, separate from other visual elements, which you could also categorize. Maybe you would have a set of symbols for wireframes and low-fidelity mockups separate from a set of high-fidelity symbols.

It would also be amazing to be able to make an animation a symbol.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base