Request details

Export to Photoshop / PSD format

this is very important feature, that will make life of many designers and their clients much better

676 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Artem Mihalchuk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

172 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Daniel North commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like XD and want to use it more. The fact that i can't export to PS stops me. This should be your top priority.

• Jo Parsons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like working XD for website and UI design development, however my clients often want psd files and there is no means to export in this format.

Given that so many Adobe products play so nicely together Photoshop/Indesign/Illustrator it is a surprise that XD doesn't interact.

Please add this feature to your list.

• Luka99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

XD is fantastic, I presented my work to the customer who was enthusiastic ...
    Then to pass the job to the Web Agency I had to redo everything in Photoshop :-(
    Please enter this feature as soon as possible
    Thank you

• Sheth Utsav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need export features. How?? I design in XD and export in PSD format. So we provide PSD file to our clients.

• Frans Hanekom (frankthedsigner) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I can't stress how needed this feature is within XD. It is very important to be able to export to more than just images and PDFs. There is still a high demand for photoshop use and most developers and studios world wide require this format when supplying final artwork on projects.

Even though XD is free to use, in corporate environments IT manage users workstations for security reasons. Only a handful of approved software are allowed to run and system managers prevent users from installing their own software. Photoshop by default is an approved application for creative departments.

The overall point I'm trying to make is, Photoshop is still a standard across the board, and we need to be able to save out our XD projects to be read by legacy software.

• Hakan Yılmazkaya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No color management, no export to psd, Adobe don't you have any designer around? Are you joking with us? I am really forcing myself to continue using xd but i can't get true colors, i can't send files to my customer, i don't know how long i can keep myself using this.

Psd is also your format you remember Adobe?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like another commenter, I'm building rich-media assets but an XD file is completely useless to my dev partners. They need layered PSDs. You need to fix this Adobe, real quick or watch a lot of designers walk away from XD in droves because while it's a fantastic tool, it's utterly useless in a commercial digital production environment.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us export from XD to Photoshop. PLEASE.
    So many of these comments are telling you that our clients—you know, the people who pay us money—are asking us for PSD files. That should tell you we NEED this feature.
    We need to keep our clients happy in order to pay the CC subscription fees every month/year :)

• Toby Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this one too asap please!

This is getting ridiculous how many features we are coming across that are missing and dont seem to be coming any time soon!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base