Request details

Name Character Styles

It would help a great deal if Character Styles can be named. Right now it is tough managing them and knowing which is which.

895 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paulina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, I found that feature but it works only on list properties view and it doesn't work on grid view.

• José Castro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For my work I can only use XD once this function is working. I have to design based on an already coded repository, that has names for each component and each character style. If I can't have associated names to the character styles or symbols matching the names on repository they don't know what is the component to pick up. It's important to include this names to the "Publish Design Specs".

• Ryan Lowry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have naming and folder options for character styles. i don't work with a great deal of styles but going on 8+, you get to a point of needing some structure for everything.

• Jonathan Nacif commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It may be seem simple but very necessary for our designing process. We could named for example, this text is a H1 for main titles, H2 for descriptive texts or subtitles.

• Luke Mazza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely needed. We need a way to categorize styles in whatever way is useful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah. This is a UI design tool so why isn't it designed with basic CTA button and h1-h5 considerations in mind? How about giving text a box border so we can create CTAs that grow shrink depending on text length? Just like the web. Top/bottom left/right padding.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+ names for colors
        We often use names in PSD - such as “link”, “btn idle” etc

• Neil Irwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

Would be an extremely useful feature as multiple character styles get a bit complicated.

Also be good to have the option to put them into folders based on screen size or with a bespoke top level group title.

• Suzan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desperately needed. Otherwise the styles are nearly unusable.
        And this this is needed not only for character styles.

• cliff now commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's actually bit confusing as to why Adobe didn't add this in as a feature from the beginning? This would help greatly to prevent visual design stutter as a designer has to think an extra second to make sure they have the right character style.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base