Request details

set font-style when selecting all characters in text

Before, I could change only selected characters font-style even if I selected all characters in the text object.

So, I can design the calendar UI very easily. (please play the video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCImsSCCHXc

But it does not work as it is.
The color of text objects in repeat grid was replaced by new one.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Risa YuguchiRisa Yuguchi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    bug-filed  ·  Bear TravisAdminBear Travis (Admin, Adobe) responded  · 

Thank you for letting us know about this. We’re looking into the issue, but a little more information would be a huge help. Could you send us a copy of your XD file, and the text file you used to populate it?

For repeat grids, the general rule of thumb is that if all the text is selected when you make a character style change (font family, font style, font size, char spacing, or fill), then all copies of that item in the repeat grid will get that change. Otherwise, if only part of the text is selected, that change will not be propagated. It looks like you’re seeing something in between, where the style change propagates to some but not all copies, which doesn’t sound right.

Thanks again for your help tracking this down,
    -Bear

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Risa YuguchiRisa Yuguchi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your comment. I usually use XD (0.6.34.3 beta)

As you wrote, I took the move using preview version (May, 2016) and I think it would work well until October 2016.

• Bear TravisAdminBear Travis (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for the files. I wanted to quickly check the version you were using as well. If you have the most recent version, it should be 0.6.34 or later.

In the recent versions, the behavior should be that if all of the text is selected when you make a change, that change is made to all the other copies of the text item in the repeat grid. I think that the video you made may be from an earlier version of XD when we were still working out some of the kinks in how this should work.

We will continue to work to improve the editing experience, but as you mentioned, you can currently work around this limitation by adding a space character to keep from selecting the entire text item.

-Bear

Feedback and Knowledge Base