Request details

Save symbols to be used across multiple projects

Ability to save symbols so that they could be used on any project would be very useful. As of now, symbols added can only be used on that particular project only.

270 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew Eugene shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

在制作的页面 多个页面会有相同的控件 但是我能像ps智能对象那样 只要修改一个 其他就跟着改变 也可以不都改变

• 胡子 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is possible to share assets among XD files, but since we do not correspond within the same file for updating that asset (symbols of components etc.!), We need a copy every time.

It is a symbol function of Sketch. .

Allow XD assets to be registered in the CC library, etc.在设计的过程中,常常会有一些笔记需要随时被记录与查看,但是这些笔记并不需要在原型图上展现出来。
        如果可以给自己的控件做一个类似于备忘录的东西,那么将大大方便于改进与演讲。

• Aaron C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, a shared 'assets' file that can be linked to multiple XD projects.

• Hugo Tognolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also it's very bad when you lose the symbols by copying them to another file. So frustrating!

• mnr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shared assets is a must for larger projects or when multiple people cooperate together. It's also a huge productivity hack.

• Jeremy McLeod (thegroundbelowme) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least, supporting drag-and-drop of symbols between two instances of XD would be INCREDIBLY useful. Since it's possible to select multiple symbols at once, it would be a simple matter to click the first symbol, shift-click the last, drag them all across to your other XD window, done. As it is, if we want to use, say, the Google Material Design stickers, I pretty much have to do all my work in the actual MD sticker XD file, then remember to "save as" something else. In addition that file will then also include all of the MD artboards unless I manually delete all of them. It just seems like a rather poorly thought-out implementation.

• denise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there are 2 requests for this. The other being 'Global symbol Library'

Feedback and Knowledge Base