Request details

Embed fonts for 'untethered' mobile preview from Creative Cloud

Would be nice if fonts were embedded into the XD file. If not you aren't able to preview the app design with the correct font from iOS or android when syncing from creative cloud.

154 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joachim Barrum shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really love this feature. Honestly, it's a must-have; there's no point in Live Preview if this layout is incorrect because the font isn't loading. It's a huge issue and a real dealbreaker for using the product. Thanks!

• joanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the number one issue for me - the whole prototype concept is being able to demo on device. Especially when using universal google fonts - nothing fancy.

• Paul Seymour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not a "nice to have" feature, this is an absolute requirement. I mean, how embarrassing was it that I whipped out my phone to show a design animation to a superior, and what did I see... A Missing Fonts dialogue! On top of that, how am I supposed to do any user testing? Tethering to a laptop is NO GOOD in a user testing environment.

This really is "stick your head in the sand" stuff, here. Come on, Adobe!

• PS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is 100% a necessity for XD to succeed and be viable for regular use. Being able to access Google fonts (or other web-embeddable fonts from a server) goes to the fundamental idea of how fonts work on the web. Like it or not, Google's fonts are already very widely used, and we can't simply tell customers that their brand's font--that is a standard Google font--is not usable or viewable in the prototype links we send them. Can this be pushed to high priority??

• Sean B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This causes a lot of issues when trying to demonstrate mobile designs as intended to stakeholders, testers and team members.

Amazed this isn't high priority.

Web implementation is fine, although it would have been useful on mobile to be able to Save to Home Screen and open the prototype web app enabled without any menu or browser controls.

• Matthias Kappeler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This in fact is a problem for me. Please add this feature or at least something that makes the prototype viewable for my customers. As it is now text just gets cut off. Pretty unusable :(

• David Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Demian, it's been a few years since you guys started investigating, is there any update on the feature availability?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Preview from the Mac, fine. Then, after all the work is done, the fonts are lost when previewing on Android from Creative Cloud files. Mightily peeved. So is the client.

• Jez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whose genius idea was it to use an image preview for desktop and a different method for mobile that doesn't support missing fonts?!?

I'm using your recommended Google Material UI kit icons as part of my XD project and have just published a mobile prototype to find that the Google Material font is 'missing... At least it is on my Google Pixel!

Guys, come on, get with the program.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base