Request details

Ability to put a shadow on grouped elements

Currently it only supports transparency.

44 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

John shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it possible to add a drop shadow to grouped elements. I have this row with 5 white boxes where each box have a 1 px border. I grouped all boxes to add a drop shadow to the shape as its going to act as drop down menu, but it's not possible cause there are no shadow available in the properties panel. The only way to make the shadow properties appear is to double click one of the rows in my group, I'm then able to add shadow to that single element, but that's not what I want. I want the shadow to be applied to the whole list as one element. I have numerous situations where I need this!

• Armando Scuro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that we got fill and border attributes for grouped elements in v6 (March 2018 release). what we would really like to see is the shadow property for grouped elements, but without applying it to all of the inside elements like border and fill currently work. basically like how sketch does it.

This could be nice when wanting to apply a shadow to a grouped button/symbol without necessarily having the text inside have said shadow. also perhaps applying it to symbols wouldn't affect all symbols like how opacity affects symbols currently.

Feedback and Knowledge Base