Request details

Export to InVision with assets to support "Motion" and prototyping (like Craft)

I would like Adobe XD to be able to export/sync to InVision to support "Motion".

"Motion" is a closed beta at Invision that supports micro animations/interactions – similar functionality to what thirdparty apps/services like Atomic, Marvel and Flinto has to offer.

By enabling Adobe XD to export its assets to Invision in such a way that "Motion" inside InVision can be applied to the XD wireframes/prototypes/designs inside InVision.

Preferably XD export to InVision should support sync, perhaps via Dropbox.

PS. For the long run XD could add "Motion" functionality inside XD and thus reverse sync the motions from Invision "Motion" back to the XD files and the integration would be both ways.

258 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tobias shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jamie Archer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company has an Adobe account but the creative cloud collab tools and sharing is not supported - we use invision to share and animate so it should be integrated if possible. We think via Craft or XD should support natively InVisions motion APIs there should be no need to be locked into Adobe's cloud services

• Jonathan Owens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1000%. The XD Spec board features just can't compete with InVision yet. I will continue to design in XD, because I love it, but for feedback and collaboration, InVision is still the go to for many people I know. Please seriously consider an integration, because our agency is considering leaving XD for something else because of the lack of integration with InVision

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely, it's faster to create prototypes on XD than Photoshop. We use Invision for client/stakeholder presentations, and we want to use XD prototypes for sharing with developers. It would be great to see some sort of integration with invision.

It is the only reason I am thinking to switch to another software.. I AM WAITING FOR THIS UPDATE SO BAD!

• Renee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment I'm exporting flat pngs to my Invision folder but it would be great if XD could export to Invision in such a way that InVision's 'inspect mode' can be used, which is super helpful for Front-End Dev.

I am aware of XD's own prototyping, but like @Armando Scuro mentioned some clients prefer Invision as it has better overlays, fluid design, comment mode, etc..

A +1 for me.

I would like Adobe XD to be able to be exported to InVision just like it is already possible for Photoshop and Sketch.

Since it is not yet possible I am still mostly working with Sketch but like to switch to XD since my libraries and such are in the Adobe Cloud.

Thank you!

• Armando Scuro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

So I have used Invision in the past with Sketch, and there I was able to upload either Sketch or PSD file to Invision and prototype from there.

now I'm a big fan of prototyping in XD but some clients prefer Invision as they are more used to it, and it allows comments download in Excel format. additionally Invision atm has a better overlays and fixed elements features which some clients might nitpick on.

So as such an integration with Invision in that regard might really add a lot to the workflow.

Thanks a lot and appreciate all the hardwork that goes to making XD what it is

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base