Request details

Export interactive prototype as native mobile app (iOS, Android)

Hi,

I'm Head of Brand Management in a marketing department. And more and more often we need to make a simple app to our colleagues in sales. Very simple functionality but vital information. The problem is that our development department do not have time and recourses to help us doing the coding for us.
So basically my suggestions is quite simple: Why can't Adobe XD have a export or build function like nativ.com or Appy Pie where you can build an app without coding. I do my designs in XD, Photoshop etc. and I have a licens for Adobe CC but I need to go to development and have them to do the coding. And if they dont have the time I'm lost.
So please consider to implement function like this - that would be great

All the best/Jean

----
other search terms: create iPhone app, convert to mobile app

190 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jean Felber shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is now June 2019.
    2017 Manuel asked this: XD is amazing but could be awesome if it could an iOS app without the need of coding. Don’t understand why with MU we can make a fully interactive website, but can’t do an app with XD? Let’s go adobe, you guys can change the game with this!It is only a PROTOTYPING tool. PLS bring back MUSE, since XD is STILL not functional.

ARE YOU ALL LISTENING??? Anybody Home?

Hard to believe that XD is so lame. All that hype but no real world functionality. There’s no point in designing an app if you can’t get it turned into app. What are Adobe thinking?

I was soo excited when Adobe XD came OUT and we could start building/designing apps... but then WAIT! Doesn't export or can't be processed from this program? I didn't continue to follow the Behance after that. seemed pointless. And upon searching for how to move XD to an actual working app.... yea waste of time! Even if it was possible for the design to reduce coding time and cost me less, that would be better than... oops? Nothing.

• Siya Carla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sir, the solution is very simple. You need to hire a skilled team of dedicated developers who will do the work for you. I know a mobile app development company, you should consider Finoit Technologies(www.finoit.com) known for delivering top-notch mobile and web solutions.
    I hope this was helpful.

• Neech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe actually do have an app building platform: PhoneGap Build
    Might need some updating - you might need to build it in Dreamweaver as opposed to XD though.

• Amin Khadmi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please introduce app icon design option for both iOS and Android apps and Adobe XD will export app icons in all sizes required on app store to publish the app. If we have this option in Adobe XD this would be great.

• aline caldwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so disappointed that app cannot get exported. what's the point of 'giving' us this wonderful tool then?

Wait...what? I just upgraded my workstation to Win 10 just to use XD (doesn't run on Win 7) assuming it would compile an Xcode file to compile as a demo app or eventually app store. I just tried exporting the demo tutorial that comes with XD to the cloud, generate a link, email the link to myself, download the XD player app on my iPhone , open email, copy+paste link into the XD app and run it. That worked but i noticed the navigation back arrow from last page of demo didn't work every time. Dealbreaker and big disappointment. I'm glad i at least tested from start to published end (like I do with all new apps) to see functionality. Can Adobe at least respond to this?

• Unhappy Customer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. This is ridiculous not to export to Google Play or Apple Store. What's the point of learning XD software to only face a deadens. Count me out.

• Terry Zhu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, how robust can XD go together with coding, eg. conversion tracking, GA, gtm, etc

• YamiteruXYZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Pepito probably wanted to say "It'd be nice to see an Integration of coding / programming in Adobe XD" (I guess JS?)

<a href ="https://arkinfosoft.com/">Ark Infosoft</a> is a best <a href ="https://arkinfosoft.com/technologies/ios-app-development/">ios app development company</a> in india. Choosing a right iOS app development company is as important as choosing a good engine for your car. It is important to hire best <a href="https://arkinfosoft.com/technologies/ios-app-development/">iOS app developers</a>.

Dear Adobe
    After using Adobe XD to create a cool app I run into the same question these same people have been asking for the past year or more.
    HELLO? anyone home? Seriously.
    Why are you not putting your efforts and resources into making Adobe XD a all in one App creator?
    Add some swipe screen elements.
    Some embed video including 360 video
    And url linking complied with App export to not only Apple and Google but to the Blockchain itself.
    Hello? Anyone?

• Manuel Lagares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

XD is amazing but could be awesome if it could an iOS app without the need of coding. Don’t understand why with MU we can make a fully interactive website, but can’t do an app with XD? Let’s go adobe, you guys can change the game with this!

I agree with the last two comments in particular from Alizer and Peter Burgess. Why can we make a functional website with Muse, but not an app in Xd? This really needs to be rectified ASAP I believe.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base