Request details

Simpler way to Crop Photos

There should really be a tool to crop photos by selection (maybe by double clicking on it and using the control points) but it took me a while just to figure out that i have to mask by shape just to crop a photo.

217 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
feature-started  ·  AdminHoyle (Admin, Adobe) responded  · 

We’ve begun working on an easier way to crop your images without using an image mask and will be releasing this in an upcoming release!

Hoyle
Product Manager, Adobe XD

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eddie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is this basic feature coming? Now masking sometimes work, but mostly not.

• Cam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't emphasize this enough. Framing photos is such a pain currently. Look at InDesign for filling frame options, scaling etc.

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I paste many different pictures into XD and cropping is terrible. The only work around is to mask which is very clunky.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can we have cropping of images:( Especially useful for different images on one board.

• Matza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please like InDesign!!! Drag and Drop an image and then it's simply a frame which ich can resize with the control points at the corners. The image-parts outside still existing, that I can do changes afterwards! So easy! No masking-horror please!!!
    And additional, the automatic filling-option of the image should be with the declaration if the image will be cropped left, right, top, bottom or centered!!

Cutting of pictures - standard picture mode (scaling, cutting, etc.)
    If different screens are attached to each other enable overlaying of designs (e.g. pictures) now it has to be manually added for a multi view port site. currently picture positioned in screen 1 is not visible in screen 2

We should be able to shift an image within its container. I find it a bit odd that this feature is not yet built in. Right now, if I want to control the crop on an image, I have to use Photoshop, save out the image and place it in to XD. Albeit not the end of the world, it is an inconvenience. Sketch offers this feature – just sayin'!

• Henrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use InDesigns crop, resize and masking ability, works like a charm :)

• Nicholas McClay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Often when designing in UXD I am modifying an existing product screenshot. It would be great if I could 'split' a given image by either horizontal or vertical axis so I could shift the legacy design apart to accommodate the new elements. Currently I have to take two different screenshots and manually align/crop them into position. This is basically a workflow optimization for working with existing product designs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base