Request details

Export from XD to Sketch

Using XD currently, were other members in team are using sketch.
Not able to deliver required (sketch) file format to front end developers.

Frond end devs are using only sketch to read, since majority are using it.

Option to "export to sketch" would solve the file deliverable problem.

803 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mohamed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

180 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hamid Djn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From a business point of view it would no send users to Sketch, but quite the opposite. People are not moving from sketch to XD because of this. The whole group where I work would switch to XD if they could still use their old sketch files and be able to create new ones to deliver as .sketch format

• Colby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make sure you are Voting for this. It appears they review it at around 800.

• eddie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From a business perspective why would adobe create a tool to send all their users to sketch?? They aren't going to do that and I'm sure it's fairly easy to do. But this would not only make them loose users but $$ in the process. I believe the only way this can be done is if a plugin developer comes up with it and ends up charging for the plugin.

• Patrick Kuntz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried Vilo's method of exporting an artboard from XD to SVG, then opened the SVG with Sketch. Seemed to work. Sorta.

I say "sorta" because text blocks now have both a text color AND a fill, so there's a little busy work to sort out. This got me what I needed, though.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I freelance on sites where clients are asking for their deliverables to be in Sketch and PSD format. I really like XD but I can't use it without the ability to deliver what clients are asking for. Please add this feature.

• Vilo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WORKAROUND - Save XD artboard as .SVG --> open .SVG in Sketch...

Not sure if this has been covered yet, as I didn't read through all the posts.

DUDE! You are awesome

• Stu Nami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use Zeplin.io. Way better design handoff for making sure your developer lays out the design with pixel accuracy. XD now exports to Zeplin projects natively. Adobe should just buy Zeplin and integrate it seeing how slow progress on XD is over 4 years.

• Adrien Desrames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok i found it ! you have to export your XD file in PDF, after that you go on Affinity, click on your PDF file in order to open it and you export it on PSD format. At the end, you go on avocode.com and you convert your PSD file into a Sketch file. Here you have the link :

avocode.com/convert-psd-to-sketch

for more details i watched these two videos on youtube :

https://bit.ly/2WIOhb1
    https://bit.ly/2VbyEIP

This is the only way for me where it's works.

• KR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this dearly... please... adobe... come on guys...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is finally the missing feature that has made me decide to abandon XD. As much as I love the conveniences of XD, I feel like there's a frustrating missing feature every single time I use it and it's a workflow killer. The others I managed to ignore, but this one effectively makes designers work in isolation of their team and that's a no go.

• Colby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Please.
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a response of any kind for this request.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base