Request details

Export interactive PDF with clickable "PageTo" links

Please add the option to export all artboards of the prototype as a PDF document of many pages, preserving prototype interactivity saving links as PDF internal "pageTo" links (or invisible linkTo rectangles).
So that in this way the prototype can be navigated in the PDF file like on a web page (transitions excluded of course).
This would allow a very efficient "deliverable" design document for the client.

402 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

EmanueleSabetta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrea Remondini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is currently no way to export prototypes offline: if the prototype is exported in PDF the links do not work.
    Please export links as well.

• k commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice to export or save file as a dynamic wireframe as one PDF

• Kevin Valentin Schulz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also looking forward to have this feature! I have to create a lot interactive PDFs for my work and it's always annoying using Id and Acrobat. This feature would be so awesome in Xd!

• jerimy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ran across this while looking for where this feature might be hidden. Not only would I like this feature, but it would help set XD apart from Sketch. I am pretty surprised this isn't already a thing ;)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frustrating. I cannot believe this still hasn't happened yet. Other design programs (inDesign) allow you to export clickable PDFs....why not XD? There are times when just the document is required or needed.

• Ben Hartman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN! If you are creating an app or even a website you should be able to add a pdf link

• Dashanan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

He is talking about "embedding" prototypes (in mockups) into external documents (like PDF). This is of course not possible in PDF format.

• Insta@_think_write_create commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In packaging design, you can generate a 360° degree interactive pdf were the client can move the packaging around to look at it from every angle.

Imagine being able to build a pdf presentation (InDesign etc.) and placing 100% Interactives Prototypes on to the slides. (With the device around it or just the screen size).

Ps: I hope responsive prototypes will be available before the end of 2019 #setAdeadlineAndMakeIt.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know it’s not ideal, but Adobe Acrobat comes with the ability to link to different page views within a document, outside documents, and websites. Currently, I make my PDFs in INDD or XD and export as a PDF then add the links that way. It’s the Edit PDF option under the Tools section. It’s not ideal having to use two apps, but if you’re stuck with Adobe products and don’t have access to another prototyping/wireframing software, it’ll do the trick.

• Joc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

XD is turning into a really nice interaction design tool. Exporting as interactive PDFs would bring the tool into daily use and would mean that I could recommend XD to my company. Our products need this!

• Jason Bailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. We need this feature. We can't publish to the cloud at this point either due to internal security concerns and we are a Fortune 500 company. Come on guys, this should be in here!

• Dayeon Yoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

サイト構成・ページ構成の可視化したもの(プロトタイプ)を、
    PDFデータなどに出力できるようにしていただきたいです。

①プロトタイプモードを線付きで複数のアートボードが1ページに出力ができる状態。

②アートボード内にアートボードを作り、各アートボードを跨ぐ要素が追加でき、全部合わせて出力ができる状態。

いまはプロトタイプモードをキャプチャーで撮って代行しています。
    ご検討よろしくお願いします。

• Arondale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work for the largest consultancy firm (i.e. $100B). We cannot migrate to XD until interactive PDF (clicks preserved) is supported because of the reasons stated below, primarily due to security and offline viewing. All our clients are Fortune 50 (not 500). Adobe is missing out on a lot of business and marketshare that Balsamiq possesses until this feature is available.

• MaMaLy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rather than a clickable PDF, I'd prefer to be able to export a clickable prototype file that could also demonstrate the scrolling and clickable fixed elements. I agree that publishing to an unknown cloud is problematic. Being able to export a fully functioning clickable prototype would address that concern for large enterprise customers. A clickable PDF would likely look like a hack, as the sticky footer would be static across the bottom of the viewport, blocking the content that sits underneath it.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base