Request details

Multiple pages (separate sets of artboards)

Sometimes, for 1 design project we need to make several options and to do so currently we need to create new files every time and name them with versions. So I think it would be really cool if we can create multiple designs within the same file and then be able to have multiple prototype links also based on different options, that would organize stuff and make it much easier.
Thanks!

272 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rana shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Krutika Thakkannavar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to have the multiple pages feature within the same file. This is the only feature that makes me switch to Sketch every time I am starting a new project. It'd help in having multiple versions of the same design and hence helping with design iterations.

• Nick Richardson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really like using pages in Sketch and Figma. It allows our team to simply our design file to have one page dedicated to iOS, Android, Web, etc. I think this would be a great addition to XD.

• MaMaLy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My guess is that Adobe hasn't implemented this yet due to performance concerns. I run into major performance issues in Sketch, and I'm always told that it would help if I didn't have multiple pages. The "infinite canvas" in XD is much more finite than in Sketch. But performance in XD is lightyears better, so I don't mind the limited canvas size. So-- if not having pages helps to force us into having manageable file sizes that perform well, then so be it. I do like the pages feature, and I'm sure I would use (and misuse) them if I had them. I just hope that Adobe doesn't compromise performance for this feature.

As for panning around and looking unprofessional-- I just run a preview window on one monitor and run my XD designer on the other. I only share the preview window. Whatever artboard you click on shows up in the preview, so your client can see your updates realtime without all the clutter of you zooming and panning around. I love that the preview window stays on top even when working in the designer, so that if I'm not using multiple monitors I can still see the preview while making edits on another part of the screen.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was using XD and the screens in the file I was working on turned black from nothing. Still waiting for a response from customer support (1 week has passed already and they said they would be back to me in 48h). I was using the cloud to save the file so I didn't have backed it up.
    Anyways, I decided to start using figma after this unfortunate issue and love the pages feature and the figma mirror app to see the designs on my phone while I am editing them. It's super useful! Figma is still lacking locked links for prototypes, which is something I really need.
    The 2 things that are incredibly relevant to me are pages to organize designs and a real-time app for prototypes.

• Yasmin Raihan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please we need this. I've just started experimenting with prototype tools and currently using Figma. The Pages feature is extremely useful. I was considering to migrate fully to XD until I discover XD is missing this.

• Stu Nami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Both Sketch and InVIson Studio had this from their first release. Adobe has 4 years and the best resources, yet this vital feature is not even thought about? Is the Adobe XD team using their own software? I'm dumbfounded by the slow pace of the Adobe XD team. Are there some serious political issues at corporate?

• Brian Kilbey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is a no-brainer for large files (which are basically ALL files!). It places a massive cognitive load trying to remember where all artboards are, and keeping them clustered neatly together. Every time a "section" gets bigger I have to move all the other sections around so there's a semblance of neatness. I'd rather have that time and cognitive space available for actual designing...

It's really annoying to save file with the newer version when you do design updates, I have moved on from Sketch to XD to try it out and missing the "pages" option in XD.

I feel embarrassed to share my screen to my clients/colleagues 'cause I have to zoom out and scroll around to search for a section. Please bring in pages. It helps us stay organised and speeds up our process.

• Alain Emile commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Adobe. It's March 2019 and still don't have this. Scrolling artboards means you are somewhat forced to organize them horizontally. Now, when showing work in progress to a non-designer, or a designer using sketch, this rapid horizontal movement to try and find the desired art board looks unorganized to the foreign eye and opens you up to the assumption that you are just not there yet. Not to mention if you are sharing your screen remotely, this movement is simply awful for everyone viewing. Help us be a bit more professional. We're building digital products for people, not vision boards for ourselves.

• Arthur Shen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need this! If I am building a corporate website with many pages, the space quickly becomes very unorganized...

• Jennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to separate artboards onto individual pages in the left side panel. This would really help with artboard organization.

• Rodrigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had finally decided to move to XD and give a chance after the burnout with the sketchy Sketch, but really? Is that real that we can't create Pages yet? With a large project where we MUST organize layouts by pages, there's not a single chance to start using XD without this. Wake up Adobe, don't let users slip out of your app for such a little.

• Alice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was thinking to switch to XD, but because they don't have "pages" like Sketch or Figma, I had chosen to go with Figma. I have very large app projects, and just a canvas is not a option for me at all.

Hope you'll fix this soon

• Rei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important feature for me. Will it be coming anytime soon?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base