Request details

Dedicated Export workspace to extract CSS styles, measurements, assets

It would be very useful having one more tab after Design and Prototype called "Export" for example. It would let developers easily see all the necessary information about any element like the size and color of the text, the size of a button and it's position on the screen, and so on, and then easily export any element. From there

151 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gaina Roman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to export the file into web html and css code easily

• Cait commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hope this feature become available soon. It's baffling that it doesn't already. What use is there in doing the process twice? Dreamweaver offers similar properties to prototyping with live view. I could just be using that and skip the use of Xd altogether.

Other applications are onto this already. CSS is fairly easy to export with Avocode it seems but I can't seem to find any information on whether it will also do HTML, JS etc.. without purchasing/downloading.

Thank you!

• Sophie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After discussion with our front developers , what would be useful for us is:
    1. The creation of an export file with variables: colors, fonts ...
    2. Generate image sprit of the entire project or be able to do it alone
    3. Consider including bootstrap classes, if a code export is done

• Zack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just made a tool which can export CSS via SVG files, we can export our artboards to SVGs (embed) format via XD, and drag the SVGs to this link, then we can get the functionality just like Zeplin!

https://zaaack.github.io/inker/

• Raylin Aquino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add it up, because I have to use Zeplin for export my css, assets measurements, etc, It's a headache

Feedback and Knowledge Base