Request details

Standalone installer

I'm a teacher at university who have a sort of CC team model installed on their computers. I wanted my students starts learning from beginning XD but unfortunately you can install it just via the CC app and there is no stand alone installer on line.

I know its not a feature request and its very specific request :)

100 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Italo Sannino shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Trav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The CC installer fails every time no matter how much I've reinstalled, cleared temp folders and aligned with the tide and moon. Where's the direct download installer?????????!??!?!?!!!!

• huang cheng kang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Standalone installer

I'm a teacher at university who have a sort of CC team model installed on their computers. I wanted my students starts learning from beginning XD but unfortunately you can install it just via the CC app and there is no stand alone installer on line.

I know its not a feature request and its very specific request :)

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have customers wanting XD in the classroom. It looks like that it can only be successful if the adobe account is licensed for the app. this doesn't work well when labs are being deployed as a serial or device license deployment environment. Please change this.

• Alex Drinkwater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just posted about this issue, but my post seems to have disappeared. Apologies for any duplication, if my earlier post reappears.

This issue still hasn't been addressed, apparently. A new version of XD has been released as part of Creative Cloud 2018 (Adobe XD CC), and the I'm STILL not able to build a standalone MacOS installer package using Adobe Application Manager.

I was hoping that this would be addressed when the application left beta, but apparently not.

I'd really like to hear from an Adobe representative why this has still not beed addressed.

We have staff here at Goldsmiths University of London who'd really like to use XD in their classes, but currently, we are unable to distribute this application (unlike All other CC applications) to lab Macintosh computers.

Please could you address this situation as soon as possible, or, at the very least, provide some reasonable explanation of why this hasn't been done, and suggest some kind of workaround what will allow this application to be distributed to Lab Macs in the same way that Every other Creative Cloud application can be.

Alex Drinkwater
        Technical Adviser
        Goldsmiths University of London
        London UK

• Alex Drinkwater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see the newly-announced Adobe XD CC STILL can't be packaged into a standalone MacOS installer package in Adobe Application Manager, making it very difficult to install in our university labs.

I'd really like to know why this hasn't been done yet, and if/when us education users can expect this to happen.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Installation worked fine, but the app wouldn't start. It shows "configuration error: -2, uninstall and reinstall the product". I've done that a thousand times, and it's still thesame.

• donnar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe continues to make it difficult for those of us who evaluate their software, recommend and install it in the educational arena. Anything you (Adobe) does at this point will be too late for my school, but please release this as a stand alone installer for instructors who are wanting to demonstrate to students the features of Adobe. And please consider that these students are future customers!

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So annoying. The information from Adobe states that a free account is acceptable to use and tryout XD. However the desktop app does not have an apps section and therefore will not install anything when one is signed in with a free account. Come on Adobe!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really helpful for me as a Sys Admin if you can provide the stand alone installer as my organization users are requesting the installation bits.

• Niko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our university also would like to deploy the software with standalone installer solution.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base