Request details

Text input field with actions based on value

For prototyping and user testing, a text input field control would be very helpful. Bonus if you could apply actions to enter / submit based on different strings.

1,322 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

154 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just don't get why we are even talking about this. This should just be a feature already? I mean ... it is literally an app for user testing and prototyping, you'd think this feature would be so fundamental, this thread wouldn't even exist. I feel like I just wasted my time on an app that pretends to create prototypes. Kinda annoying lol.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when will this be added? it seems like adobe xd doesnt actually look at this stuff :(

• shira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be amazing!! we definitely need this feature it will help alot

• Gonzalo Figueroa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will get it closer to functionality in other programs like Axure RP. It will be great to have it. Ideally with the option to have a different action based on the content.

• Sean Copping-Rice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please, please... It's essential for user testing. I work in a financial institution and this would be hugely beneficial with testing forms and calculations. Even take it to the next level and create rule-based behavioural outcomes. where the user is sent directed down a different path based on how they interact, what they type, and or choose. Right now we need to use Axure for that kind of testing... would be a great feature that would push XD into the forefront. You can do it guys... we have faith in you ;)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The text input field is very important for prototyping we also need the radio button and the checkbox feature as well. If these two features are added to XD would be the best tool to prototype compared to other prototyping tools.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base