Request details

Text input field with actions based on value

For prototyping and user testing, a text input field control would be very helpful. Bonus if you could apply actions to enter / submit based on different strings.

909 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

90 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Curtis Neuman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, so I don't know if anyone would be able to benefit from this finding, but I'm currently working on creating a showcase video for an app and was looking for this feature to "add an input field" and this is where I ended up.

I've come here because I've found a way to record "typing" while doing the live presentation USING the phone streaming...

It seems as if the live stream to your phone is ACTUALLY changing the prototype as you preview it on your phone, so:

If I preview on my phone, proceed with interactions until I come up to a text field, I can go to my desktop screen and EDIT the input that is already existing, the live feed displays your typing LIVE

On iPhone, the screen record option is what I used to record the preview. I really hope this helps some people with presentations.

• Mike Britton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would make me swoon with delight if it was added. I swear, the first time I used it I would swoon.

• Sathish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have this feature with some data validation similar to "Just In Time" tool. Please add

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

adding input fields is a feature that is already in use with Atomic.

• Russ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Text boxes allowing input would be very nice, as would check boxes & radio buttons that can show (and retain) selection status, and dropdown pick lists that can show selected element(s).

• Rob Monti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that this is a must in order to make interactive prototypes that exhibit more realism. Login and registration forms are ubiquitous, and it's not enough to just show them statically.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base