Request details

Text input field with actions based on value

For prototyping and user testing, a text input field control would be very helpful. Bonus if you could apply actions to enter / submit based on different strings.

451 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Please Please Please add this feature!! This will be an easy KO of Axure as a competitor for sure. I don't like Axure at all and my company will need to buy it just because of that as it seems to be the only tool that will fulfill our use requirements.

• Wade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to add this, and the ability to link out to a website from within the prototype.

• Becca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too! I need an input field, and radio buttons and check boxes would be ideal, too!

This would be an awesome feature. 5 minutes into using this, i realize that i need inputs! :D

• Neil Carpenter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking for a prototyping software amd this feature, along with other input types would seal the deal for Xd

I keeping going back to Axure for this exact reason. If XD had this feature for a truly interactive prototype, it would be a game-changer

Absolutely need this and radio buttons etc . To begin to get a real feel for the interaction.

• doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YESSSSS. Just copy the older version of Craft for sketch that did this

• Bogdan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also need something like these. These is the difference between a pro tool and and a beta. I now use Axure, but if these feature will come to XD, I will immediately move my prototyping tasks on it.

Major feature request indeed. I'm using XD for APP design that simulates connection to back end database (very early development phase), would be very cool to have simple text entry feature, even simple field elements that can trigger events to jump to other pages in the prototype.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base