Request details

Fixed elements in scrolling artboards (header, nav bar, etc.)

Since you already started with scrollable area inside artboard, it would be awesome if we could define sticky header. For example, one page website has a lot of content, but I want to create sticky header so when I scroll down, it stays at the top. Maybe you could add the option so we can define the group and assign the sticky header option to it. That way on any artboard we can just assign that option to it and that's it.

5,552 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Aleksandar Cucukovic shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    feature-completed  ·  AdminElaine (Adobe) (Admin, Adobe) responded  · 

Fixed elements are finally here!! We’re incredibly excited to announce that you can select any top-level element in your artboard and click “Fixed Position” to fix your element anywhere in the viewport.

To learn more about this feature, watch the video here: https://youtu.be/3fWBkV5S6U4

Please do continue to file and upvote issues in UserVoice – your voice really does make a difference!

-Elaine

967 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dashanan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The implementation of this feature needs some improvement. Setting a fixed element in a long artboard (that requires scrolling) leads to the elements behind the fixed element (e.g. fixed full-width button at the bottom) becoming invisible. This is creating a negative experience in the following scenarios:
        1. On publishing the design specs, it is not possible to view/extract the specs behind a set fixed element (E.g. bottom fixed tab). - CRITICAL PROBLEM!
        2. On reviewing designs on XD with the team, the fixed elements need to be constantly hidden/unhidden. Making the process tedious.
        3. When exporting the entire artboard designs as PNGs (for say Marketing team to use in a presentation), a bottom fixed element looks weird hanging in the middle of the screen. So we need to copy all the screens with these bottom fixed elements and pull them down to the bottom of the artboard.

• Eddie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Khalil I agree, it would be great. I think that is 2.0 of this feature. Maybe start a new request?

• Khalil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What if I want to scroll then fix position when it reach top. Can I do that?

• Annelo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I want to fix the element of the Tab bar, I group all my elements and I check "Fix Position". But when I preview my element disappear .... Do you know why ?

Sorry for my english !! :p

• Ondy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did you notice the prototypes now shrink on mobile and show white edges? I bet it's because of the fixed elements positioning.

Vote this idea to address the issue:
        https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34682035-full-width-prototype-on-mobile-with-fixed-element

It's great that the fixed elements and overlays are finally here. Good start, but still needs work. Especially because it broke the way it worked before.

• Vlad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That works now! At last, thank you guys! Don't stop - there are lot to do! We need moooore :)))))

• Alessio Viola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great Work XD Stuff! This is the feature that push XD to the Olmypus of the Prototyping Tools! Thanks a lot for helping us doing our job ;)

• Dandesign commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WOW! Great! I love Adobe XD. You incredibly changed my daily live. That's the feature I missed most from the beginning. Thanks to everyone who worked on that fantastic feature.

• MaMaLy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate to already be asking for more because Fixed Elements are so awesome to have... but it would be nice if the fixed elements would automatically be at the top of the z-order stack (or even better, if it's on top by default, but you can optionally turn that off.) As it is, every single element that you add to the page after adding your fixed element is on top by default. So when you scroll, your new objects cover up your fixed footer. So as it is now, it'll require a lot of busy work and constant testing to make sure that every footer on every artboard is on top of every other element.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 48 49

Feedback and Knowledge Base