Request details

Enable timed transitions (not triggered by user interactions)

Enable timed transition, something triggered by timing and not by user interactions (e.g. a notification from a server or a splash screen going away in a couple of seconds).

148 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SérgioSérgio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • electrichimpelectrichimp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yesss! please, I want a message to appear and fade out without any user input! please adobe, that and horizontal scrolling (like in spotify's albums)!!

• AminAmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A feature in prototype panel to set a period of time to Slide to another artboard
        like the auto slide option in microsoft powerpoint.

• FintanFintan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Badly need this. Some prototypes need timeout error messages and sequences of screens that do not have any user input / clicks. Not having this item will be a deal breaker on XD for me unfortunately.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is in InVision, which I why I like InVision so much. It allows me to create an app that has 'time-outs' or random messages that appear after a certain time. With Adobe XD I cannot do this (yet)

At the moment (that I can see) there's only simple on-click transition animations.
        It'd improve the flexibility greatly if you could automate sequences or transitions with a time delay.

For example.
        A splash screen that loads, waits 1 second, then auto-transitions to the homescreen of the app.

Or

on tap, move this object in this way, then move this object after 0.2 sec etc.

That way you can create more complex object-oriented transitions rather than clickable JPEG's like we have at the moment.

The artboards have separated components. We should be able to make use of that beyond making them a hotspot.

• JanyJany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I downloaded the tutorial exercise and then I created the "splash screen", but then feel disappointed when I switched to prototype mode, because if I link the splash screen to the original home, then I need to click on the "splash screen" to get there. But in real app, it switches automatically, I feel it will be nice to have this feature!!!!

• TomásTomás commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 We need this. SomeActions like Dialogs popping-up are always triggered by a user touch gesture. Thanks

• SebSeb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add an extra timer capability. In addition to "After X seconds Transition to artboard X ", I'd like to leverage the Overlay feature: "After X seconds show overlay using artboard X". This would allow simulating alerts popping up after a few seconds.

Note that the overlay should be interative, so that I could click on something in it, to transition to another artboard.

Also, needless to say that animated GIF support would go really well with the timer feature.

• SebSeb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a key prototyping feature which enables the simulation of splash screens but most importantly, inline loading spinners (which will be enhanced by the upcoming overlay feature).

So imagine clicking a button which refreshes an area of the screen, and before showing the refreshed content, you want to show the animated loading spinner for a second or so. This is what a timer feature would enable.

Please vote if you want this one!

This would be huge in the short-time I've worked with XD. Would love this for loading screens and logins.

• dvodvo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolutely. It's critical in prototyping to be able to build in the timing of server response/interaction. I find this particularly useful when showing log in screens where it takes time to authenticate a user log in, or when performing searches where the results take a few seconds to be returned.

If I design my prototype without timing built in, clients have a tendency to have an unrealistic expectation of how snappy things will be in final build.

• StevoStevo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want to create a screen where users land on a page with a progress bar and have to wait like 1 or 2 seconds until he automatically jumps the user to another page. Just like Marvel.

• AlvaroAlvaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A feature when page is loaded go to another artboard in a few seconds, seconds that the user can configure

• attila kbattila kb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature isn't actually a "feature", it's more like a missing core function that would make this app a proper presentations tool

I need this. Right now I need it to give the user a feedback succes notification to an action. As it is now I can make the notification come right after the action, but I cant make it automatically go away again after a short time.

• Tom Fletcher-JonesTom Fletcher-Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the missing feature I am waiting for in order to transition to XD completely for app design. I use this in invision a lot.
        e.g.
        - A chat interaction where a bot responds to a message after a second or so.
        - Progressing to another screen after an animation has played (when we have animations, obviously.) this can be used for 'success' messages, etc.
        - Simulating loading or other process before progressing to another screen.
        - Carousels / slideshows

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base