Request details

Enable timed transitions (not triggered by user interactions)

Enable timed transition, something triggered by timing and not by user interactions (e.g. a notification from a server or a splash screen going away in a couple of seconds).

271 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sérgio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

54 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vincent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need a timed transition between screens!! Plz add this the soonest!!

• Raman Pfaff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, transition without clicking is needed. This product would become useful if that was added.

• Alan Binczak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a link option that goes to the next page but at the point of setting the link, you have a 'to' or 'through' option. The 'to' is just the normal transition. However, the 'through' option means that the transition will go to the next page but it is timed and at the end of that time a new transition occurs without needing a click. It would support a kind of simple animation. I have nearly completed the UX To Ui course and need to do a fully featured prototype but I can't because between two slides I need to show marbles falling into a jar. With 3 'through' transitions I could show a very basic animation but it would get the point across. Right now all I can do is show a before and after event on two linked slides (a bit dull).

• Raj Baldania commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plz add this special feature wchich includes animation and transitions.

Time triggered transitions.

Like protopie and priciple(mac) are use transitions.

If this feature wil be added to XD then everyone will use only this software.

• Haresh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need this for user testing and provide a better UX for prototypes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So in the tutorial we make a splash screen, but we actually never implement it! I tried and I couldn't find any way to make a transition after a certain time happen.

Totally agree. Developing IoT solutions I really need this feature. Why it not here yet??????

Flash/Growl Notification:
        In prototype mode have the option of linking to screens that disappear automatically after 1 second. For example after you perform a new task and you get positive feedback.

In adobe XD UI, it could be one of the options once you click on the blue arrow. "Link to this artboard but no need to click to return to the same artboard.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to define a different transition trigger, e.g. auto transition after some time.

• DaveSauce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful. It's important to be able to indicate anticipated load time when building a prototype - otherwise the stakeholders get used to things loading instantly.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base