Request details

Export to JPG (JPEG)

We often send clients JPGs to show them the design, would be good to be able to export individual/all artboards (like in illustrator).

205 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Amy Buckland shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    feature-completed  ·  AdminElaine (Adobe) (Admin, Adobe) responded  · 

We’re pleased to announce that JPG export is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan Rodney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that JPEG export has been added in the Nov 14th update, but it only exports at 1x. With no way to export a 2x, this is not very useful. Did I miss something? PNG can be exported as 1x and 2x, JPEG should be able to as well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is truly time that XD supports JPG export, it makes no sense to export background images (for example) to PNG :)

For the original admin response "Export to PDF is in our backlog. For JPG, isn’t PNG 32 enough for you guys? Just curious. If not, please explain why."

No it is no where near good enough for us.

In web, for photographs, we need JPG - it's superior for quality to file size. As anyone knows in web, file size and site speed matter greatly.

I can either not use any photo images in my design in XD or have to open up Photoshop after I get the design approved and make sure all of the images are resizes, cropped, and resaved as JPGs...

I'm curious why you would even think that PNG 32 only would be enough? Did your team talk to anyone that actually does web work?

In XD, we can export 1 object group as a png/pdf file.
        Just make a backgound rectangle as an artboard, group it with other objects, and export.

• Raphael Marinho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on! This is SO necessary. Who on earth doesn't use JPG exports for web these days? The workflow to getting a .JPG out of XD right now it so backwards.

While at it add in there some ninja compression option please :)

Would really help in the web design workflow. This slows me down and has me opening up other apps and trying to hack together a solution.

JPG is a necessary and basic format for all web design. Its weight and quality favors web performance. We thank you very much.

This is getting ridiculous. Yet another update which doesn't include the most utterly basic feature of any web development program. No, of any image editing or creative development tool anywhere.

Let me spell it out to you plainly: this thing is almost useless in the long run if we cannot export to JPG.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will this be addressed? It's pretty ludicrous that this wasn't one of the main features in a web-based program, and over a year on and still no sign of it? I am having to copy all the assets into Sketch (will I will certainly be using over XD in the future) to then export them again.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base